The Superbird Wing Was Not "Idiotically-Ineffective" or "Dumb"

-

You will 'never' get that answer from me. As punishment for your bad 'behavior'.

I'm looking at the 'specifications' of the Air-Foil Wing from > 'Creative Industries of Detroit' right now.

Just fascinating.

Newsflash ---> I don't care... :finga:

Do you want a medal or a chest to pin it on???

I was just using it to prove the point that you can't even answer your own questions... #-o

I can go to my garage and look at the end product of 'Creative Industries of Detroit' any time that I feel like it. :glasses7:

I've proven my point, my job is done here... :cheers:

Newsflash ---> I don't care... :finga:

Do you want a medal or a chest to pin it on???

I was just using it to prove the point that you can't even answer your own questions... #-o

I can go to my garage and look at the end product of 'Creative Industries of Detroit' any time that I feel like it. :glasses7:

I've proven my point, my job is done here... :cheers:

So you have a Plymouth Superbird,

And know very little about the 'specifications'.

Instead of playing Monte Hall, just post the info instead of a playing a stupid game show.

You continue to insult others on the board that have proved your info is suspect or wrong, that's the sign of a very weak person from a mental standpoint. Stubborn and foul is a terrible combination.

I wish people would stop quoting the self proclaimed chosen one as it defeats the ignore feature. :)

Instead of playing Monte Hall, just post the info instead of a playing a stupid game show.

You continue to insult others on the board that have proved your info is suspect or wrong, that's the sign of a very weak person from a mental standpoint. Stubborn and foul is a terrible combination.

I wish people would stop quoting the self proclaimed chosen one as it defeats the ignore feature. :)

Well then.......

Rear Air-Foil Dimensions

* Length ........... 58"
* Width ............ 7.5"
* Surface Area .. 3.01 Square Feet = {.28 Square Meters}
* Style ............. 'Clark-Y' Air-Foil {Inverted}

Cook County alone has more population than YOUR WHOLE STATE... :violent1:

Cook County alone has more population than YOUR WHOLE STATE... :violent1:

Yes that is true.

But what is the Violent Crime Rate there.

You guys aren't winning any awards in that 'shooting gallery'.op

On a lighter note:

The difference in weight between a 1970 Plymouth Superbird and
1970 Plymouth Road Runner.

The 'nose-cone' and fasteners added an additional {+66 lbs.} to the
front of the Superbird.

The 'Rear Air-Foil and Wing Assembly' added an additional {+123 lbs.}
to the rear of the Superbird.

Superbirds:
The wings were made out of aluminum.
The noses were steel.
Stoppers were welded in place to restrict the trunk lid from opening fully.
The cars came with 2 jacks, one was a screw jack designed for the front end in case you got a flat tire.
Braces were installed between the top of the quarter panels and the trunk floor over top of the frame on the back.
The front fenders and hood were actually '70 coronet pieces that were modified to work on this car.
The fender vents were non functional.
The rear backlight was not the same as a '70 Road Runner, it was unique to this car, and had to have a special plug assembly welded into the roof and duchman panels. Then they added filler strips in that area as well. They had a unique package tray to go along with it in the interior.
All Superbirds had vinyl tops to hide the ugly backlight mods.
All Superbirds had stainless trim on the front roof pillars to smooth out the aerodynamics.
The headlights were vacuum operated.
The upholstery in the seats had silver/gray trim in them.
They were all 440 4 bbl, 440+6, or 426 Hemi.
They were all 2 door hardtops.
They were the only Road Runners in 1970 to come with a 440 4 bbl.

My brother bought a '70 Superbird in the early '80s.
It was a 440 4 bbl console automatic car, these are a few of the unique features it had compared to a regular '70 Road Runner that i can remember.
Tom.

Es Muy Excellente' Dartnut, Es Muy Excellente'

A great description of some of standard equipment, and other features.

Any information on the 'Extra Heavy-Duty' Shocks.

Ron this is some of the best stuff you've written lately LMAO

Nose cars? Still ugly after all these years

WTF-Limo.jpg

16-Incredibly-Ugly-Cars-Owned-by-Creative-People-5.jpg

ONLY possible thing Ma could've done to make the wing cars more ugly..........

l_2bc3f90fd6fa1a6a4e8dd78d91f0bfdd.jpg

003.jpg

67 Dart 273,

I believe Ron 'stole that line'.

Plagiarism is punishable by a fine.

Of course, Ron did not answer any Superbird Technical questions.

'Typical'

Sincerely,

Monte Hall

The wing was not that tall so the trunk could open, it was that tall to get it up in to the "clean" air. One of the two guys that came up with the design said the trunk opening wasn't even a worry. It's an old wives tale, like the ducts over the fenders. The ducts where there to vent the air from the wheel wells, not to provide additional clearance for the tires like was told. Most likely these were believable white lies told by Ma Mopar as to not reveal the actual science and strategy behind the actual uses.

I think the trunk lid did hit the wing so a little plate was welded on the hinge acting as a stop so it would not hit the wing. I agree that the wing was not built that high to prevent the trunk from hitting it. It was all about the aerodynamics with air passing over it to keep down force over the wheels so I beleive.

I think the trunk lid did hit the wing so a little plate was welded on the hinge acting as a stop so it would not hit the wing. I agree that the wing was not built that high to prevent the trunk from hitting it. It was all about the aerodynamics with air passing over it to keep down force over the wheels so I beleive.

Correct Sir on the 'Hinge-Stops'

Small steel blocks {1 1/2" x 1"} are welded to the top of the hinges, to limit the trunk-lid travel.

Plymouth Engineers stated that >

The Hinge-Stops were put on {welded}, to prevent Superbird owners from squashing
their fingers when opening the trunk, and wedging their fingers between the Trunk-Deck
Lid and Air-Foil.

Es Muy Excellente' Dartnut, Es Muy Excellente'

A great description of some of standard equipment, and other features.

Any information on the 'Extra Heavy-Duty' Shocks.

Oh goody!
So, do i get a C+ for that then? :cheers:

Charlie C,

The added weight of {+123 lbs.} on the rear-end of the Superbird.

* '2' Vertical Stabilizers {ie; Stanchions or Tail-Fins}
* Air-Foil Wing
* '2' Support-Braces {ie; Triangular Z-Plates}
* '2' Under-Deck Support Plates
* '2' Trunk Floor mounted shoe-anchors
* Scissor Jack {Additional 'Jack' for front-end}
* Bolts and Nuts
* '2' Stop-Blocks for Trunk Hinge
* Additional side bracing in 'C-Pillar'

Note; The Vertical Supports and Air-Foil Wing were made from Die-Cast Aluminum.

Charlie C,

* Air-Foil Wing
* Bolts and Nuts

You forgot to include the extra weight of the paint and the ''Road Runner Superbird'' decals that go with the wing as well as paint on the extra parts.
Don't forget the weight of the big ''Plymouth'' decals on the quarter panels.
Then there's the gaskets that seal the wing to the top of the quarter panel.
No mention of the tool needed to use the screw jack or the additional weight of the rear window plug installation with bondo and the trim pieces either.
However, the holes drilled to mount the wing and the supports to the trunk floor would remove a few ounces.
By my estimation, this adds up to about a pound that you're off.
Sorry about that, but you need to be more specific. You left yourself wide open........
Now i'm at a B+ to an A-, which is well above average. :D

Charlie C,

* Air-Foil Wing
* Bolts and Nuts

My buddy ownes a white bird, 440 4. - speed. He doesn't know all this or care LOL

-
Back