This is interesting-Go Elon---------------

-
New corvette.. Meh... I have a 16 on the lot. Its got power but kinda soft in its drive. Not crisp or quick.... I feel old when I drive it... Lol

New corvette.. Meh... I have a 16 on the lot. Its got power but kinda soft in its drive. Not crisp or quick.... I feel old when I drive it... Lol
I am old so it would fit me well:) Actually a 3-4 year old ZO-6 would suit me better anyway----------
The first episode of "The Grand Tour" they tested some hybrid supercars with gas engines coupled with electric motors that I found pretty effin amazing!!

Last edited:
I actually prefer the drive of the Challenger. I have a 16 Scatpak car here as well... It feels so much like a 70 Challenger from behind the wheel ! I love the retro feel with modern tightness.
This car is a blast to to drive... Tight, quick, instantaneous and yet comfortable. Had one at the track this summer and it ran 11.37 ! Faster than the Hellcat that was there.
1513811443402.jpg

I actually prefer the drive of the Challenger. I have a 16 Scatpak car here as well... It feels so much like a 70 Challenger from behind the wheel ! I love the retro feel with modern tightness.
This car is a blast to to drive... Tight, quick, instantaneous and yet comfortable. Had one at the track this summer and it ran 11.37 ! Faster than the Hellcat that was there.
View attachment 1715122866
My neighbor has a Scatpac Challanger and he took me for a ride in it last summer. Fastest car I have ever ridden in. Definitely increased the pucker factor to the cube!

Last edited:
Let look at Tesla. Why when they are still in stage of perfect-ing (completing) electric car, and began to built electric truck? To me, the reason is simple: they have not find a real method to store energy in battery, they will use the larger surface of truck to place solar panel. This method is nothing new, and the efficiency is too low.

I agree with 67Dart273. Both Elon and UPS are not healthy economy. The contract could be their move (marketing) in hope getting back to where they hope it to be.
Well I don't think Pepsi or UPS are in the habit of making bad business decisions. I don't know if it is good science or not and don't care. I find it interesting that someone is thinking outside the box and I think Elon Musk has balls the size of Volkswagens. For good or for ill I will take a failing (and I don't think this is failing) entrepreneur over a successful athlete or actor as a role model any day. Let the dice fly high---------------------------------------------------------

I will take a failing (and I don't think this is failing) entrepreneur over a successful athlete or actor as a role model any day. Let the dice fly high---------------------------------------------------------

I with you on that. I wouldnt need any of those, but they do entertaining for many.

One question for you, if a car with internal combustion engine beat electric car at quarter mile, do you still like Tesla? I ask that because someone has posted link showing one of Tesla car make impressive quarter miles, faster than Hellcat and they seem to intimidate. I strongly believe internal combustion engine can beat Tesla quickest model.

Here is why. In V8 engine, 8 connecting rods pushing crankshaft at each 45 degree (or close to that). In electric motor, magnetic exert the force nearly all point in rotor. This come to question: if the connecting rod in interrnal combustion able to push crankshaft in nearly 360 degree, it will able to beat electric motor.

I have not done much research but I do believe Rotary Engine developed that way, crankshaft being pushed nearly at each 360 degree. Then, make a large enough Rotary engine, they will beat Tesla nicely. Keep in mind, just like anything that produce super power, it require strictly maintenance.

Electric motors develop full torque instantly and far more hp output without parasitic drive train losses. It's why trains used Diesel engines to make electric power to drive the wheels.

Electric drive also allows each wheel to be independently powered and controlled achieving the highest level of traction control possible to get the power to the ground.

That Black NSX that beat the Hellcat is the best of both worlds... 500hp twin turbo gas and 3 electric motors.
I was impressed because it wasnt designed for drag racing.

Sad part is, you can take a stock hellcat and make it faster and faster by tinkering and tuning. A new electric vehicle is the fastest it will ever be, and only goes downhill from there as the batteries degrade.

Oddest part about a high performance electric vehicle like a Tesla is that it is praised as a vehicle that is better and a more energy efficient car. All the while they’re designed to be crazy fast. You’d think If it were really about the environment and saving our resources, they would be producing cars that have limited power and be cranking them out of the factory left and right at a more affordable price.

Force = Mass x Acceleration
What’s the point of having so much power on tap? The owner will use it. Every on ramp. And rightly so - I would. It just feels like a phony when Musk blames climate change on fuels, has the ability to actually make a change, but takes energy wasting routes. It’s like they throw the blinders on America and they eat it up. It’s genius, really.

My understanding is the at they received $30,000 in subsidies for each Tesla sold. That might have been GMs Volt though.

Some of you guys amaze me

Some of you talk as if.......

Musk actually has a viable, profitable, private company engaged in actual business and manufacturing

As if.....electric cars are actually magically advantageous to the environment, considering THERE IS NO "green source" of energy, solar or otherwise, IN THE CURRENT "grid."

As if.......these things are actually practical on a "get real" basis
Geezus, guys, we've got GM and Europe talking as if they can ACTUALLY replace gas fired vehicles. I'm glad I won't be around.........there will be lots of walking, and waiting in line for the "charging stations"

Tell you what...........you guys actually use rechargeable tools? Ever been on a job, up a ladder, up a tower, down in a crawl space, and have one of the damn things DIE? I have. Now just translate that to your CAR

Tell you what...........you guys actually use rechargeable tools? Ever been on a job, up a ladder, up a tower, down in a crawl space, and have one of the damn things DIE? I have. Now just translate that to your CAR

Using the same logic, have you ever ran out of gas mowing your lawn? What difference does it make?

Musk hasn't turned a profit on any of his ventures. Most of his cash is from taxpayer funded subsidies and grants. A major portion of the funding for his R&D comes from the gov't.
You notice how he threw a hissy fit over the U.S. backing out of the Paris climate deal? He claimed it would cost thousands of jobs and lost tech. Think about what jobs and tech that is. Out of the trillions promised, billions would go to his green energy companies and ultimately we would/will/are paying for it. A true innovator would put his own butt and bankroll on the line. He's a modern P.T. Barnam.
Oh, and he isn't sharing that tech for free.
Ask Fisker.

Carbon foot print of manufacturing, all material including battery(s) ?
They charge us carbon tax because of phony numbers here in Alberta Canada.
Like the phony polar bear story, This is how to get funds from the government.

Just another reason to $$$$ the common folk. Higher cost for shipments will follow.
Wrestlers have drinks together after the battle. They want to force this down our throat.

Will not work in winter in Canada (defrost, heat, and lights).

How many years of ownership until you proudly can say you save the planet?

Do your homework, Musk does have several companies engaged in actual inventing, business and manufacturing!
I don't think any of us have said private or profitable, I know I haven't. (Yet)
None of us senior citizens will be around to see electric vehicles become the default vehicle on the planet, but our grandkids will.
For me it has nothing to do with "Green, Clean energy, it's about the technology moving mankind forward.
All the roadblocks will be solved and the technology will be developed. Petroleum based fuels will go the way of "Clean Coal"
Although the petroleum lobby and their minions will be the first and strongest to berate and belittle the technology because it pinches their wallets.
As the OP of this thread, my work is done here, I have made my position clear---------The Rat has left the building and "unwatched this post string"
Good luck and MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of you-this has been a great dialogue discussion and I have enjoyed it:)

Its about the technology and innovation.
We are not talking about the green aspect of Teslas. But I do wonder where all these batteries will go?
Actually the greenest car you can drive is your 65 Dart /6 3 speed or equivelant car. It gets pretty good mileage and its ALREADY produced....

Its about the technology and innovation.
We are not talking about the green aspect of Teslas. But I do wonder where all these batteries will go?
Actually the greenest car you can drive is your 65 Dart /6 3 speed or equivelant car. It gets pretty good mileage and its ALREADY produced....

There is nothing proprietary about Tesla’s tech. It’s all been invented and produced and implemented decades ago. Thanks to the war effort and space/aircraft. It has just become cheaper for the public.

I think the batteries can be recycled at a pretty good rate. Probably a dirty process tho.

I totally agree with an already produced vehicle being a better option. I hated Obama’s “cash for clunkers” for the simple fact that you had to buy a new vehicle that required all that production energy. Coulda simply overhauled what we already have instead of this throw-away society. It’s better to reuse things instead of recycling them.

The big 3 can't compete with Tesla in the electric car development and no way can do it cheaper. If they could they would already be doing it. They don't want to and are being drug into it kicking and screaming.
Most of the best and brightest college graduates want to work for Tesla/SpaceX/SolarCity. They don't want to go to the stogy establishment
status quo business, no excitement in that. But underperformance gets you fired quick at any Musk driven business. I don't know about Tesla popularity but I do see them around,
especially in the Seattle/California area. I wouldn't buy one myself, but I would buy a new mid-engine Corvette:)

College grads want to work there because they are indoctrinated into the sustainable/green/saving the world crap.

Millennials will fall for anything if you tell them you are saving the icecaps or some such crap.

Look, I am for a clean environment, but the younger generation has been brainwashed for $$$$$. Climate change is a multi billion dollar a year business.

Oh, and he isn't sharing that tech for free.
Ask Fisker.

"Annoyed, frustrated, and exasperated, Elon Musk has decided to give Tesla Motors' patents away..
The official statement is "Tesla will not initiate patent lawsuits against anyone who, in good faith, wants to use our technology."
https://www.quora.com/What-Tesla-patents-did-Elon-Musk-open-up-Why.

Has anyone/company benefitted from Tesla's patents after Elon Musk made it public or open for all? Any startups?
Honda, Toyota, Nissan, and Chevrolet are traditional names that jumped into electric cars. The Chevrolet Volt recently unveiled its second generation at the North America International Auto Trade Show earlier in 2015, which includes a significantly improved battery system and drivetrain; it would be remiss to think all of their new technologies were inspired independently.

And you better HOPE the US Govt is paying Mr Musk, to finish that "star wars defence" that some bonehead cancelled.!.!

Last edited:
I hope it succeeds. Imagine calling up a self driving car for your elderly loved ones for their appointments. Less traffic congestion, pollution, accidents.

How they mine for lithium and cobalt is a major, unspoken concern tho.

Who says the self-driving car has to be electric? The two things are not dependent on each other.

Less pollution? Not if they keep burning fossil fuels to make the electricity.

And... lithium and cobalt are two things that the U.S. does not have a lot of. We could maybe find some here and mine it. But, I guarantee the greenies would want to stop that mining for some damn reason. So we are back to importing a scarce commodity from countries who are not necessarily our "friends". Not a good basket to put all your eggs in.

-Fossil energy are limit, solar energy is unlimited. Solar power is future energy.

-A mechanical engine and gear changing is State of Art, its dirty to work on. Gearhead like it.

-Electric motor (with only one gear) is Green/Gay work, its clean to work on. People with smartphone like it. J/k!

-Will mechanical engine produce more HP than electric motor? Possible. Specifically, a Hellcat can be tuned to beat Tesla S but benefits/cost will be less than 1.

-Will this affect our hobby? Probably no. By the time Solar vehicle become mass transportation, the Last Muscle car become dust itself.

-
Back