To nitrous or not?

-
I'd rethink the nitrous thing I think your good and have a dependable good running engine and why subject it to nitrous witch is hard on engines. cheap horse power but at a price of longevity
Please regale us with all of your personal nitrous experience...

I'd rethink the nitrous thing I think your good and have a dependable good running engine and why subject it to nitrous witch is hard on engines. cheap horse power but at a price of longevity

You have been around some bad sauce. Very dependable with what the OP is asking to do. Now if you start stepping up the Jet's and get serious with it the dependability is all in the tuning and even then there is a shelf life to the parts. But that goes for anyone trying to step up their game. Speed cost money. How fast do you wanna go lol...

JW

Please do the same lol, pssssssss, pssssssss!, when are you installing the underbody neon lights?, you have done just about everything else :D
I know that's why I started karting..
I can't think of a thing that I haven't done to this damn car... I figured I'd better get a different hobby before I had neon lights underneath it LOL...
Of course I've tested every aspect of the nitrous. I had the carbs off with the plates on and put shirt sleeves underneath them so I could give everything a blast to make sure everything was going to work and it did..
Also checking I had the right fuel pressure while in operation not before it's flowing. Which is what the op needs to make sure of.. and if he calls Mike thermos at nitrous supply like I suggested I'm sure that will be backed up by him as well... With that said, hitting the nitrous this next summer will give me something to look forward to....

you should be making close to 500 hp without the nitrous , my 426 stroker made 520 and it was a mild build , with nitrous you should be hitting close to 600 easily . should be a fun ride .
what are the limits for the block ? have you done anything special to the block to increase strength ?

you should be making close to 500 hp without the nitrous , my 426 stroker made 520 and it was a mild build , with nitrous you should be hitting close to 600 easily . should be a fun ride .
what are the limits for the block ? have you done anything special to the block to increase strength ?
Just ARP Main studs

Good luck , hope it holds up to all the power you'll be making

Good luck , hope it holds up to all the power you'll be making
Thats kind of why I posted. I want to make sure I don't go over the limits. Also considering jumping on the E85 bandwagon. I really want to drive the car and at my comperession I'm limited to running race fuel. Its right around $10-$12/gal whereas E85 is around $3/gal

What is your compression?

I love e85, it makes my 13:1 408 quite streetable (runs cool, cheap to fill up, etc)....No idea how e85 works with nitrous though....the last time I ran nitrous I was using gasoline. My guess is it would be no different other than jetting, but I don't know.

What is your compression?

I love e85, it makes my 13:1 408 quite streetable (runs cool, cheap to fill up, etc)....No idea how e85 works with nitrous though....the last time I ran nitrous I was using gasoline. My guess is it would be no different other than jetting, but I don't know.
I should be in the 12.5:1 ballpark. Not 100% yet because I'm not sure what head gaskets I'm running

I should be in the 12.5:1 ballpark. Not 100% yet because I'm not sure what head gaskets I'm running
I have 11.1 to 1 now, I had 11.3 to 1 with different heads and compression..
I would add one gallon of 110 Sunoco to every 4 gallons of 91 non-ethanol and that seemed to work pretty well. I would just keep a little 2 gallon can of Sunoco in the trunk strap down. it was mostly due to when I shut the car off it would want to diesel on.. I bought some torco octane boosting additive that I want to try. It's not dirt cheap but it does seem to pan out price wise better than adding race gas and one hell of a lot easier to carry around.... Be looking forward to see how it works this summer...

Interesting he is giving nitrous tuning advice and all he’s ever done is bolt a buch of **** on and sit in his driveway and purge.

Typical.

Please do the same lol, pssssssss, pssssssss!, when are you installing the underbody neon lights?, you have done just about everything else :D

I needed a good laugh. Thanks gentlemen.

Reading posts on the Torker 2 and I'm kind of leaning towards my Weiand Stealth. I had it on my 318 and I know I'm comparing apples to oranges at this point but I really liked it. I did gasket match it and cut the divider down about a half inch.

j Spar had to put a 50 amp fuse on his fancy mood light because he used it so much he overloaded the circuit. Psssssss psssssssssssssaaa
True story I blew the first one up LOL...
I don't know it just burned out after a few tries and I was like this thing's way too expensive...

I needed a good laugh. Thanks gentlemen.
If you want a real good laugh ask if Pittsburgh racer has left his entire nitro setup in his spare bedroom too scared to use it until the bottles went out of date...

If you want a real good laugh ask if Pittsburgh racer has left his entire nitro setup in his spare bedroom too scared to use it until the bottles went out of date...

not to scared, to busy. Lol. Some of us still race real cars not kiddy carts.

not to scared, to busy. Lol. Some of us still race real cars not kiddy carts.
LOL.. oh you mean drag racing where you sit there bored out of your mind in the boiling heat just to go down the track for 6 seconds LOL...
Stop the big man talk... Please it's embarrassing... Karting is far too physically demanding for you to even consider...

LOL.. oh you mean drag racing where you sit there bored out of your mind in the boiling heat just to go down the track for 6 seconds LOL...
Stop the big man talk... Please it's embarrassing... Karting is far too physically demanding for you to even consider...

Boring. You are on the wrong website. You need the “kiddy kart” website

Anyways back to nitrous... The small amounts the op is talking about are not going to be detrimental if done correctly... Staying 150 or below there shouldn't be any problem. Getting 200 and above could create catastrophic problems lol.. and I say that with the planned horsepower without the nitrous..

-
Back