Toyota (again).

-
Soon we`ll be taking our cars to the IT professionals and not the mechanics for service. Laptops will be taking the place of Snap-On tool boxes.

"Soon we`ll be taking our cars to the IT professionals and not the mechanics for service. Laptops will be taking the place of Snap-On tool boxes."

Almost already do, I work on mostly imports for my side job since that is what makes the money at the moment. And I started working on these with just my standard tools, which is a very hefty amount of tools, now I have double the money invested into electronics. I have 2 cabinets full of electronics to help diagnose problems, tune cars with modifications, help mpg, clear codes, etc etc..sometimes it is nice to be able to plug something in and figure out the problem..

But then I love coming home and actually getting dirty and replacing parts, reading books, looking online, and eventually fixing the problem myself and knowing I did it (or the people on the forums helping me)

VW HAS THAT REAR BRAKE **** TOO U NEED A SCANNER TO REPLACE THE REAR PADS THE PITON WON,T RETURN / CAN WE SAY DEALER WORK / had to get it on the whipping post, but people seem to think it,s beter to have all that stuff till it breaks. ha ha ha

As far as computerization, the mechanic where I get all of my non-a body work done was telling me of a car, can't remember which one, that the 3rd brake light(middle in rear window) wasn't working, so the vehicle didn't pass inspection. They tried a new light bulb(or array) which didn't work, and started checking wiring.

It came down that they finally called somewhere for some tech support, cause all the wiring seemed to check out, and they were told that there was, the equivalent of, a firmware upgrade for the car's computer systems for this exact problem. They were able to download the update to a laptop, then, using their computer setup, upload it into the car, and, viola, the light was back in operation.

Where's it all going to stop???

FF

I'm so oldschool, I would have spliced a wire into the tailight pigtail and run it to the 3rd brake light.. Total cost .20

Grant

1.There is no such thing as mechanic anymore ... we call them technicians .... The old school tech must get involved in electronics to survive with the times ...
2nd NO > electronic park brakes do not apply on there own when key cycled off ... they are commanded on by a switch ... At least thats what i know .
3. Import high group uses carlines like AUDI , BMW , LEXUS to compare ... NOT Toyota ..... Toyota is a mass produced low budget vehicle .
4. YES long road ahead for TOYO

Yeah, F.O.R.D. F__king Old Rebuilt Dungheap
First On Rubbish Dump
For Old Retarded Drivers
F__ked on Race Day

And the list goes on and on, all frighteningly accurate, too!!!

Ya',but my Ford does'nt accellerate unwantedly,stops when i apply the brakes and the driveshaft isn't falling out...TOYOTA S.U.C.K.!!!

Ya',but my Ford does'nt accellerate unwantedly,stops when i apply the brakes and the driveshaft isn't falling out...TOYOTA S.U.C.K.!!!

Can someone ban this idiot? I mean really thanks for contributing to the topic.

I'm going to keep my old vehicles. Right now I'm rebuilding a 70 dodge crewcab and that will be my daily.

Can someone ban this idiot? I mean really thanks for contributing to the topic.

I'm going to keep my old vehicles. Right now I'm rebuilding a 70 dodge crewcab and that will be my daily.

Myself and others have been commenting on this topic for 4 pages your just getting into the topic..please go away hockey puck:thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm:

Myself and others have been commenting on this topic for 4 pages your just getting into the topic..please go away hockey puck:thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm:

No…. "We" have beed having a discussion and "you" have been being childish and disruptive.

Some of us have more to say than than a low brow………. toyota sucks.

Please show us on the doll where the bad Toyota touched you.

On topic….. It was reported on the NEWS today that Toyota intentionally delayed and hid information relating to the possible defect related to runaway speed.

Sadly many companies today would have done the same thing I suspect……

(Basically….. They payed off victims in an effort to keep it out of the news)

At this time I don't have a link to the report.

SO what if STROKED 340 HATES TOYO....
MY significant other got let go from GM last year ....and they kept the LOW LIVES that do NOTHING at work , but avoid work ....NOW I HATE GM , I have nothing GOOD to say about GM ... I don't give a dam if they close the doors ... I would buy a FORD OR CHRY before i buy a GM....for that reason ...
I worked for GM , and now i work for a HIGH import group car company ..
Cadillac has come out with numerous new Cadillac products this year ... 2 door coupe and newly designed cross over ... and you would expect there car sales to be up ... NOT in the first 2 months of 2010 ???
My corporation do not even consider CADY as a carline in our class ....
JUST venting ... UNLESS you know what has triggered Stroked 340 for commenting this way ... i would ignore him and move on with the convo....

Wow aren't you the most pleasent little idiot in the land. There's many derogatory comments I could make about your country of origin.

Folks (and you should know who you are), please tone down the language/comments, etc. Stick to the topic at hand and offer some legitimate opinions/comments. I return you to your regularly scheduled program ... As FABO Turns.

Wow aren't you the most pleasent little idiot in the land. There's many derogatory comments I could make about your country of origin.

Got news for ya' i'm half CANADIAN...LITTLE is one thing i'm NOT...

Mon Mar 8, 11:25 pm ET
LOS ANGELES (AFP) – A Toyota Prius accelerated out of control on a busy California freeway on Monday before police intervened to bring the vehicle to a standstill, police said.
James Sikes, 61, was driving on the busy Interstate 8 freeway outside San Diego when he noticed his car was starting to accelerate of its own accord, the California Highway Patrol said.
The terrified motorist was helpless as the car hurtled out of control along the road at speeds more than 90 miles per hour.
However Sikes was able to call police, and officers using a loudspeaker were talked the driver through the process of slowing down by using his emergency brake and then turning off the engine.
Police then pulled in front of the car as it decelerated and rolled to a stop and put the rear bumper of the squad car against the front of the Prius.
The incident came as Toyota staged a technical demonstration on Monday to attack allegations by a vocal critic that problems with its electronics may cause its cars to speed out of control.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100309/ts_alt_afp/japanusautocompanytoyotarunaway_20100309042643

you guys arguing remind me of my days on rc forums. You guys are adults. come on. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. I dont mind toyotas myself, but their trucks are crap. I would rather buy a Honda.

First of all, if a car is in DRIVE, or any gear other than PARK, the steering column will not lock....

Second of all, I went through this in the 80's when Audi's were running away "out of control..." and I was in an Audi service dept. Audi's un-official reason for these "run away "cars? Driver error.

Just watched on the news where a 61 yr. old man had his Toyota "run away from him" and needed assistance stopping from a Highway Police car. Here in NY we had a 72 yr. old man kill someone in a church parking lot when he "lost control" of his Mercedes SUV. Lot's of cars out of control with older drivers. Maybe our driver training methods needs to be overhauled and have mandatory road tests on license renewal?

And as for not being able to drive after installing a spare without a computer, that's partially correct now: You usually have to re-initiate the tire pressure monitors so you can be informed that you have a low tire. You can thank Ford motor Co. for THAT little piece of Government intervention. Remember all those (infallible...) Ford Exploders rolling over and killing innocent people because the drivers are too F`in stupid, un-informed, or could care less ( my vote...) to check their OWN tires?

No one manufacturer "S.U.C.K.S." as it has been repeatedly (and childishly...) blurted out. It's just Toyota's turn in the barrel. Remember when Audi was written off years ago? Now they're one of the strongest franchises out there. As a matter of fact, there's an Audi dealer on Northern Blvd. in Great Neck right across the street from a dead Hummer franchise.....

I am still amazed how a wimpy (powerwise) Prius can completely 'overpower' it's brakes.

Something is fishy like somebody wants some money for emotional trauma.

Brakes fade from heat. Its one thing to slow a car from 55 mph, but to do that with the engine pulling at WOT is anotherthing altogether. Toyota is building unsafe cars, and have tried to cover it up. Wouldnt own one myself.

-
Back