TTI Exhaust on Early A's

-

DJVCUDA

Reaction score
Well, I pulled the pin and got the whole deal.

The dyno will decide if the X or H pipe stays... as well as the sound it makes.

_DJV4854_S.jpg

Saweeet....!!!!!! Please document the install well and best of luck.... :cheers:

Rickster

no doubt ! and thanks.

TTI claims I dont need the fancy starter with the 904 I am running.

I do have to loose my column shifter and get a floor one.

no doubt ! and thanks.

TTI claims I dont need the fancy starter with the 904 I am running.

I do have to loose my column shifter and get a floor one.

:cheers: Enjoy the install. I had to shim my motor on each side to clear the torsion bars. I'm using the bigger 383 bars. It's very tight when you thread the needle.

The gaskets from TTI suck. I highly recommend Remflex.com gaskets. They seal awesome and can be reused. Get the collector gaskets from them too. A little extra $$$ but well worth it IMO. Others who have used them can attest to their quality.

I'd be very interested in how you route your e-brake cable. I've not done that yet.

Same bars I have it is a mother... get a LOT of Beer, if you dont drink start..

they fit and run good once you get them installed.

PS make sure you start at the back, it works better...

Very nice looking system!
I hope it fits as good as it looks!:thumleft:

Well it is best on the pipes to start per their instrucions from the tail pipes and work forward. Rear pipe fro mbumper, to hangers, then mufflers, then x pipe then bolt to headers etc.

Trust me , I tried it front to back and it is easier rear to front, you can leave it all loose and align it better and then they slip and adjust as needed. Once you clear the drive shaft, fuel tank frame, etc, get as much clearance as you can, you will need a helping hand to hold it where it needs to be then tighten her down real good.

I went all 3" man it is tight and very close to the large drive shaft i am running too.
Sounds and looks very good...

DJVCUDA .. i have a '66 cuda with a 318 / 904 combo .. i am wanting to do the exact same install with the same system shortly ... PLEASE keep this thread updated with pics and progress as you go .. VERY interested in following the journey ... also very interested in seeing if you go with the "X" pipe or "H" pipe (and why ?), and the differences between the two in sound AND performance .. what mufflers are you going with ?
thanks for the info man .. please keep it coming !!

DJVCUDA .. i have a '66 cuda with a 318 / 904 combo .. i am wanting to do the exact same install with the same system shortly ... PLEASE keep this thread updated with pics and progress as you go .. VERY interested in following the journey ... also very interested in seeing if you go with the "X" pipe or "H" pipe (and why ?), and the differences between the two in sound AND performance .. what mufflers are you going with ?
thanks for the info man .. please keep it coming !!

I went with the mufflers that came with the kit - dynomax super turbo's I believe.

Well it is best on the pipes to start per their instrucions from the tail pipes and work forward. Rear pipe fro mbumper, to hangers, then mufflers, then x pipe then bolt to headers etc.

Trust me , I tried it front to back and it is easier rear to front, you can leave it all loose and align it better and then they slip and adjust as needed. Once you clear the drive shaft, fuel tank frame, etc, get as much clearance as you can, you will need a helping hand to hold it where it needs to be then tighten her down real good.

I went all 3" man it is tight and very close to the large drive shaft i am running too.
Sounds and looks very good...

that really makes sense.. get the tails right where ya want them and then fit everything else..

Yep start from the back. Much easier that way. The whole system tucks up to the floor pan really nice too. The pipes get pretty close to the gas tank. I made my own J-bolt for the gas tank so it would clear easier.

The sound of the super turbos is nice IMO.

If we're voting.....I would use the "X" pipe. It's a better design.

i originally wanted to go with the X, but i am real curious to see what the sound and power differences are.

When I bought the tti system in the 2 1/2 inch size it was supposed to fit to the original manifolds. The passenger side would not fit because it couldnt get around the side of the 904. They had fitted it for a manual trans car. Hopefully you wont have that problem since you are doing headers. I later installed the shortie headers from spitfire. Lots easier to fit together.

I have the 2 1/2 X system connected to Doug's headers. Sounds sweet!! Still haven't figured out the ebrake system yet though.

Mike

On the ebrake I ended up abandoning the rear spot welded guide and bent the forward guide (drivers side) down. It clears the drive shaft with about 1/2 inch at normal ride height, has not hit the shaft yet. Even if it, did I'm not sure much damage would occur. If it did touch, it would be momentary. I was not sure how else to make it work. Maybe someone else can chime in. The only other way I could figure this, would be to make a longer cable and reroute it somehow, with a J hook forward on the passenger side, thereby avoiding the drive shaft altogether.

When I bought the tti system in the 2 1/2 inch size it was supposed to fit to the original manifolds. The passenger side would not fit because it couldnt get around the side of the 904. They had fitted it for a manual trans car. Hopefully you wont have that problem since you are doing headers. I later installed the shortie headers from spitfire. Lots easier to fit together.

I'd love to see pictures of the TTI exhaust connected up to Spitfire headers if you have any or can take some. That's what I'm planning on doing. Got the Spitfires, just need to save up for the TTI exhaust.

66dartgt : i'm in the same position lilcuda is in .. i am also going the spitfire (laysons) headers / TTI exhaust route and would love to see pics if possible .. i have the headers and am in the process of getting the money for the exhaust pipes and the rest of the TTI system .. thanks !

I am curious, I have had the tail pipes on a while now, but I need to figure out what to do with the e-brake cables. Everything had to be moved, the the cable guide slides on the floor boards hit the pipes.

So tti has notta in the instructions on what to do, I really would like to get the ebrake cables back on.

Any ideas, solutions or pics of those that have made the cables work with the full TTI exhaus pipes?

thanks!:)

Well I need to wait for Sam at TTI to come back from vacation. Mike told me from TTI Sam was the designer fitter etc. and he thinks Sam came up with a solution.

If not maybe I can retrofit the car with rear disc and some sort of hud rear E brake if there is such a thing?

Picked up a set of poly-loc mounts to help keep the motor in the correct location.

My mounts are kinda new, 4-5 years old, but those huge thick rubber isolators start to sag sooner or later.

-
Back