TTI for duster

-

chad72duster

Reaction score
OK I have been reading the TTI set up for and A body, some questions do i need to take off mu torsion bars to install these things?? Would it be better to set up my engine and get it dialed in with my cheap header then put on the TTIs to prevent damage to them fro getting to Hot? I will take any advice I can get :roll:

The TTIs supposed to be designed not to interfere with the suspension. Usually the centerlink goes thru the headers on most designs, but the TTIs don't. Torsion bars shouldn't be any problems.

Chad, I have installed 2 set's in my car. I can walk you right through it. Piece of cake. I have a used set in my garage right now. I am taking the body shop to court pretty soon. I filed the paper's tues. If I lose they will not get my old header's back and they will be for sale. If you need them sooner call John Cambridge. He is great and has the best prices. I'm busy right now but I will help you in the header department. I'm and expert! LOL I've done it 4 time's in 7 year's. :roll: :roll:

hey Brett sounds like a plan, i might go ahead and stick the cheapo set I have on it for right now and the go with the good TTIs once the car is straight.

hey cochez its a small block 340 with P&P J heads 2.02/1.60, I was wondering if the step 1 5/8 to 1 3/4 woudl be better that just 1 5/8?

so what do I want the Chrome, Ceramic coated or the coated with thermal barrier?? Brett What the hell is the diff???

thinking about going the whole system TTI all the way out with the Dynomax Muffs whats yall take.

rigth now i am not planing on a spring in board, i have 50s on it and they fit fine so i think that will be enough tire for what i plan on doing.

Chad, If you go with the TTI now it will save you a bunch of hassle later. The cheap header's go around the streering linkage. It's not that big a deal but if the budget allow's get the TTI's now and be done with it. The driver side is two piece and does not got through the streering linkage. I installed mine in 2 hours on a hoist. (A MUST) Now that the header's are in let's build the exhaust. Remember if you change header's later the exhaust will not line up, so think about this now.

I have a Dr Gas X Pipe kit. 3" to 2 1/2. Then straight to the muff's and then TTI tail's. This kit can be put in with out bending one pipe. I have the 3/4 spring relocate kit and it fit's fine. I also have the TTI exhaust tips. Your car might not have the slots for the tips.

My 340 was faster with this exhaust than it was with open header's. I also ran my 11.11 with this exhaust hooked up. It was designed by Scott Brown at Straightline Performance. This set up works! Period!! It's not cheap but nothing worth while is. I got all my TTI stuff from John Cambridge. Don't even bother going anywhere else. You won't find a better deal.

Keep me posted on what you want to do. I've been there and done that so I can help you through it. I'll help you get the most out of what you want to do.

Brett

I just got a shipment from John today (it got here ahead of schedule :D ) and he had included a TTI flyer for their X-pipes. Looks good and they have one for the a-body in 2.5" and 3". If you're going to get the TTI headers from John, might as well just get the X-pipe and the rest of the system. At least you know it was all made to work together. Anyway gotta get ready to go the airport :D

I emailed him to figure out a deal on the whole system he has been busy one of his guys is on Vacation i guess.

hey Brett i know you have the thermal coated set up because its the most exspensive but what does it do. Will keep the heat out of the engine compartment. Is It worth the extra $50??

The thermal coating will keep the heat in the pipes and make more power and lower engine temps. It also looks better then the nickel plating that will turn blue from the heat.

chad72duster said:
Will keep the heat out of the engine compartment. Is It worth the extra $50??

I had a regular set of headers (no coating) in the car at first they heat was crazy compared to my Jet Hot coated headers... You can actually bump 'em (I don't recommend doing it) and not leave skin like the uncoated headers...Jut makes it easier to work in the engine comp when the car is running...

Now Chad :lol: I don't alway's buy the most expensive stuff. Just hate upgrading later and wasting hard earned money. Yes I got the thermal coating and even had them polished for an extra $35. Definately get the thermal coating. My car runs 165 all day and you won't burn yourself to death if you had to work on the car after it's been running.

OK I will get the High Grade set think I will have to wait for a couple of weeks on the exhaust though, thats another $500 damn the exhaust is more than I paid for the car :shock:

well just mt luck, Called John to order the thermal Coated set and He was out take 2 weeks to get it in cant wait that long so she will get the cheapo set for now and upgrade later. Got to get this engine in before Craig get here on friday and i still dont have that roller Pilot bearing, hoping it come today. **** Happens.

Beside it might be better with the cheapos untill its finished painting dont want to have to kill my Painter Like Brett :lol: if he FXXX up a $1000 exhaust i would break someones neck!!!!!!!!

Exhaust gets expensive doesnt it ?

I paid $500 for my exhaust kit. Then I bought an X pipe later for $95.
Thank god I got my headers for free.

Its still sitting in the basement next to all the other parts Ive bought this year. :roll:

yes i changed my mind again. i was going to stick the cheapos on for a while but i going to call John on monday and order the ceramic coated he has those in stock and can have them in a week I would think, that way i can get Craig to help me install them :twisted: Cant wait 2 weeks or them I will be sticking them on by myself. I want to have it running before craig goes Back to Hawaii.

that what I want to, I think we can do it. No problem. i will get the tranny in tomorrow and then the rest is cake :D

OK the tranny is in and I ordered the Ceramic TTIs should be here by next week :D I wanted the heat treated but none in stock OH well, me and craig will deff have the best running soon :wink: :wink:

-
Back