TTI for duster

-
HawaiiDuster said:
Just about got the fuel system plumbed. The only hold up was having the wrong tube sleeves. The parts guy gave us -6 tube nuts and -8 tube sleeves :evil:
they did that to me and my dad when we where working on his lines! :evil:

hopefully we will have her fired off this weekend , she is starting to come together. Just the wiring to do and she is ready.

Sounds like you two guys are on a roll!
Did you taking any pics as you go? Like before and after pics of stuff you do.
Can't wait to see some pics :bounce:

No but i think I will take some todayadn post them, Hope to have the cooling system done today and the I will set the carb, Craig is working on the electrical so we will see how it goes.

Hey Chad,
Are you sure you guy's are working on the car, or the case in the fridge. Your typing seems a little worse as the day goes on. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Jack

who me :shock: :shock: Na we have been at it, Its coming together, the cooling system hit a stall, had to go buy one of those flex hose kits becasue after I installed the new Alum Radiator the stock OEM hoses wouldnt fit, that wasnt cheap. Got the radiator all mocked up and the hoses cut just need to put on the Macrh pulleys and the set the fan. i am going to use the clutch fan one of the only reused parts so i had to throw some paint on it as soon as its dry I can finish the cooling system. I will lety Craig tell yall about the wiring he is hard at it.

Glad to here it isn't going to bad. We want to see pics when you get it running. You know the kind we like, somebody hanging on for their life when you hit the go peddle. LOL

Jack

just a quick couple of photos my girlfrien is draging us out of the house.

20046187387034556879850.jpg

craig fxxx off on the phone , cant nget any work out of him
20046184077480865179988.jpg

Looking good.

I hope your collectors don't hang down as low as My Big Block CPPA's do, ground clearance is a real problem!

C'mon guys. You need to take that thing on a road trip to break in the engine. Just head east on I-10 to Houston and we'll go tear up the streets. Those ricer punks on Westhiemer won't know what hit 'em! :D

You guys deserve a night of fun and suds to toast your progess and friendship.

I think the collector will be fine, Craig has been hard at the wiring. He has the back done pretty much and I got the March braket in for the Alt today so he can finish that in the morning. he is haveing some problem pulling the stearing wheel the roll pin is stuck and he cant get the ignition switch out but once thats done he will have it beat.
20046188910544786468867.jpg

I finished the plumbing on the fuel system today and the cooling system is complete, start on the alt in the morning and then change over the brake master cyl and then set up the grill so he can finish the head lights.
20046184037728332659419.jpg

Couldnt have gotten this far with out Craigs help, He is the man. We may have to roll down to Houston way and eat some rice. I will be coming that way so enough heading back to Al.

Hey I was on the phone with Painful, I mean Painless Wiring :lol: It's not my fault they doubled up on the power circuit and left things like the license plate light and reverse light out then failed to mention it in their manual :? They also don't include any ground wire :roll: The only original wiring left in the car is the turn signal harness in the steering column.

Painless also left out the wire that goes from the horn relay to the horn. And the connector for the hi/lo beam switch is for a chevy not a Mopar switch. Just thought I'd let you guys know in case anyone else is planning on using a painless harness :scratch: They also don't include the wire for the second field connection on the alternator :roll:

I was thinking about it for my Duster, just so I'd have all brand new wiring, but after seeing how much stuff they missed, I think hold off for awhile :wink: .
Was this was the universal Muscle car kit? (which means made for Chevys :lol: )

It was the 14 circuit mini fuse harnes it has had its problems but all in all was pretty complete. Just like everything else it was built with chevy as the standard. I dont know why because they make a chevy only harness :roll: We just live in a chevy world but the good thing is that they are always looking at us from Behind :D

ProStreetDuster said:
I was thinking about it for my Duster, just so I'd have all brand new wiring, but after seeing how much stuff they missed, I think hold off for awhile :wink: .
Was this was the universal Muscle car kit? (which means made for Chevys :lol: )

Considering the kit was for wiring a complete car, it wasn't that bad. Just had to vent a little since it was so chevy oriented :roll: I plan on getting one for my Duster because I think I might be able to save a couple of pounds and clean up the looks quite a bit 8)

Yea that's what I was thinking with mine, since I'll have no need for alot of stuff, it would be nice to clean it up.
Did you run into any other problems with the kit other than what you posted?

The kit is pretty straight forward. If you plan on using a horn, the kit has a horn relay in the fuse box, so completly bypass the stock horn relay. I know this sounds like common sense, but if you go by their spreadsheet you kind of think you need to run the wire that goes to the horn into the relay. When you get yours you will see what I mean. Or it might of just been me :scratch:

well thanks to Craig and all of his hard work we got her fired off last night. Just have a few cooling problems to work off and she will be good to go. Right now she is running a little hot at idle. Im going to ditch the thermostat and put a shroud on her and maybe ditch the clutch fan set up and hopefully that will fix that. She sounds bad as hell.

I just want to officialy thank Craig on the board for all of his help, with out him I would still be floundering around with this thing. His help and know how brought the whole thing together.

THANKS CRAIG, YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!

I had a great time working on the car and just hanging out :D Anytime you need help, just let me know. I'm gonna see if I can make it back next month, as long as you don't mind me hanging around :wink:

-
Back