Tunnel rams are such a pain in the ***!

-

younggun2.0

Reaction score
But it's gonna be so worth it! I recently purchased a low deck tunnel ram from a fellow member here. It will be going atop my 470 stroker motor. Will be running twin side mounted 750 holleys.

Today I made my fuel regulator mount.

http://s1152.photobucket.com/user/johnnydart431/media/IMG_4528_zpsqx7ezjil.jpg.html]
IMG_4528_zpsqx7ezjil.jpg
[/URL]

Then I started the clean up on the intake. This is where pain in the *** started! This is 4hrs work!

http://s1152.photobucket.com/user/johnnydart431/media/IMG_4536_zpsuuvm9zqz.jpg.html]
IMG_4536_zpsuuvm9zqz.jpg
[/URL]

looking good

just curious..whouldnt it make more sense to use the front two fuel bowl inlets?
seems to me that would make for a shorter path with less sharp turns

looking good

just curious..whouldnt it make more sense to use the front two fuel bowl inlets?
seems to me that would make for a shorter path with less sharp turns
It would get in way of throttle linkage. Also new carbs might not have both bowl inlets available

throttle linkage i could see being a minor inconvenience...but if your not sure where you can plumb in the carbs you plan to run on this set up...it seems to me you may be getting ahead of yourself

(not complaining about it though)

throttle linkage i could see being a minor inconvenience...but if your not sure where you can plumb in the carbs you plan to run on this set up...it seems to me you may be getting ahead of yourself

(not complaining about it though)

I have the linkage, I mocked it all up and this routing clears evertyhing

They waited till they beat down the media they used then they blasted my intake to get it smooth. And yes its powder coated. I port matched the top to the bottom.

That's an awful lot of carburation for a 470" street motor isn't it? I've always heard you should soft mount regulators to minimize vibration related issues. Best of luck on the $ from the sky.

I am using 2 1406 eddies on mine , super easy to set up. Just a thought but you might consider bolting the top plate on the intake so you can match them together inside and out with your die grinder.

I'm using 10an from back to front then 8an from regulator to carbs .... the fuel rails are 8an also to carb bowls .... pair of 650 DP ...... seems to work very well ... Dan

20160604_164858.jpg

That's an awful lot of carburation for a 470" street motor isn't it? I've always heard you should soft mount regulators to minimize vibration related issues. Best of luck on the $ from the sky.

It's a pretty radical set up for a "street car". Solid roller cam, 10.62:1 compression, trick flow heads, 2" headers, 4500 stall, 4:10 gear. It's basically a drag car I drive around town.

-
Back