**Twin Turbo 67 Dart Project**

-
Update on the TT......

I just have had no time to work on any of my cars. I am so busy with work it is crazy. It is at the point where I am hiring my Race buddy Pete to finish up the car. $$ Wise it will just cost me way too much to try and complete it on my own it makes absolutely no sense for me to do it. It will be WAY cheaper for me to keep working and PAY him to finish the car so that is the plan. He will be coming over next week and we will be doing a punch list and then he will be off to the races getting it completed. The plan is to have it pretty much done by Christmas, Painted and done. Pete is well versed in my goals for the car and has seen it go through the changes.

I feel that the car deserves to be finished after all the work that has been done to it. Funny cause when I called him up my first sentence to him was come get the car and Back Half it....... He said wowwww. Why don't I just finish it to what your original goals for the car were and we will back half the next one? I said sounds good!! When can you come pick it up??? Lol He said well it may be better just to finish it up at MY house instead of moving it. So that is the plan for now. I will keep updating here as it progresses.

Update on the TT......

I just have had no time to work on any of my cars. I am so busy with work it is crazy. It is at the point where I am hiring my Race buddy Pete to finish up the car. $$ Wise it will just cost me way too much to try and complete it on my own it makes absolutely no sense for me to do it. It will be WAY cheaper for me to keep working and PAY him to finish the car so that is the plan. He will be coming over next week and we will be doing a punch list and then he will be off to the races getting it completed. The plan is to have it pretty much done by Christmas, Painted and done. Pete is well versed in my goals for the car and has seen it go through the changes.

I feel that the car deserves to be finished after all the work that has been done to it. Funny cause when I called him up my first sentence to him was come get the car and Back Half it....... He said wowwww. Why don't I just finish it to what your original goals for the car were and we will back half the next one? I said sounds good!! When can you come pick it up??? Lol He said well it may be better just to finish it up at MY house instead of moving it. So that is the plan for now. I will keep updating here as it progresses.

That's great, it will be nice to see it finished. Now that you have the pretty Scamp maybe re thinking painting the Dart again. It would be awesome looking all worn out and fast as hell. :thumblef:

Louis, may I ask where you got the 7" fans from? I have not been able to find 7" fans that flow 1100cfm like the ones you have, unless I miss read it. Oh and I love the project!!!!!!

Well I got the Heat Exchanger Roughed in and Mocked up along with the Radiator. Took about 1 Hour.

That is it for today...........

View attachment 183695

View attachment 183696

View attachment 183697

View attachment 183698

View attachment 183699

View attachment 183700

View attachment 183701

View attachment 183702
first and formost...cool build bud...now the other...do you think the rad will keep it cool enough...that is alot of heat you are going to be building with those turbos

Well I have decided to cut ties with this project. This will be for sale as a Roller with the Ford 9" and Coil Over K Frame/Suspension and someone else can finish it. Turbo Headers, Turbos, Intercoolers, Heat Exchanger, Radiator and all the parts to make the car/body/shell complete will be going with it. The car needs to be painted and assembled or put it together the way it is for a major sleeper.

If anyone is interested let me know. I will be posting a for sale ad once I take an inventory of what exactly will be going with it.

Oh no... I really wanted to see this thing finished. The plan is to stick with your Scamp? Or are you going to build something else badass?

Yes the Scamp will get finished and morph into something different most likely after I abuse the **** out of it and the motor passes away. I will be starting to build a new motor based around the new K frame I will be getting in the next couple months. I am really leaning toward modern technology on the next engine. With heads now available that flow over 400CFM it seems that a modern 440CU stroker based 6.1 will be in the making. These engines are cheaper to build from what I have seen and will make more power and be reliable compared to the old iron. Throw on a Procharger or even a single turbo and you can make upwards of 1600+ HP pretty easily and drive it to New York if you wanted to.

These old cars are a lot of work. Fun when you have the time but they will drain the **** out of you.

Thats two down, where is HotMopr??? :D

Who cares…….My heart is not in it any longer so its gone. This is supposed to be a fun hobby and it is only a car. They are always for sale as you know.

HotMopar is running and tearing up the track.

You did lot of work to that thing.also taught me alot about turbo **** ...somebody will get a badass. Car that's for sure...

These old cars are a lot of work. Fun when you have the time but they will drain the **** out of you.

No doubt Louis. Sorry to see you give this one up but I can understand why.

Who cares…….My heart is not in it any longer so its gone. This is supposed to be a fun hobby and it is only a car. They are always for sale as you know.

HotMopar is running and tearing up the track.

Yeah, I know. Was just pulling your chain. Got tired of all the gremlins on mine. I love the way these 3rd gens run!!

I think you are making the right choice with the 3rd gen Hemi! They are making sick hp with these hemis boosted with the Kenne Bell 4.2L supercharger. 1400hp on a streetcar ain't to shabby and all under the stock hood :) . HHP tuned mine.

Here, look for yourself

http://www.highhorseperformance.com/

Anyway, good luck Louis! That Dart will sell fast.

I'm in the process of changing over to a stroked 6.1 as we speak and it will drain the **** out of you too. I'm about $3500 away now....

I'm in the process of changing over to a stroked 6.1 as we speak and it will drain the **** out of you too. I'm about $3500 away now....

Engine and Trans swaps are a piece of cake especially if you DUMP the factory K frame and go with a rack. Stuff will FALL right in there! When I say Drain I did not mean $$, I am talking about time and labor…….

A full blown tear it all apart custom everything is a little different.

Good luck with what you got going on. Is it and NA build? Got a link?

Yeah, I know. Was just pulling your chain. Got tired of all the gremlins on mine. I love the way these 3rd gens run!!

I think you are making the right choice with the 3rd gen Hemi! They are making sick hp with these hemis boosted with the Kenne Bell 4.2L supercharger. 1400hp on a streetcar ain't to shabby and all under the stock hood :) . HHP tuned mine.

Here, look for yourself

http://www.highhorseperformance.com/

Anyway, good luck Louis! That Dart will sell fast.

Yup they make some serious power. That one in the Video is a Kenne Bell ?

Engine and Trans swaps are a piece of cake especially if you DUMP the factory K frame and go with a rack. Stuff will FALL right in there! When I say Drain I did not mean $$, I am talking about time and labor…….

A full blown tear it all apart custom everything is a little different.

Good luck with what you got going on. Is it and NA build? Got a link?

Engine is basically a block and heads at this point. But its moving, slowly
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=253668

Thats two down, where is HotMopr??? :D

I am over here getting wet! Damn RAIN!! Just finished a 25.5 cage update. Lets hope it passes! Been squirllin around this outlaw 1/8th mile track here. It wont even come close to holding the hp. I run it at 4 psi, launch at 3000 no boost and it just smokes the tires the whole 660. Running the MT drag radials in a 315/60. Gonna pick up some hoosier quick time pros and see if they help. But I have all the safety stuff now to get certed and licensed. So It may see the 1/4 this year.. Sad to hear your sellin the car Louis! But I understand and I like the idea of the Gen III hemi. I'd like to do it too.

Man! Sorry to hear this. I am moving along on my car and was hoping for some side by side spoolin'. I know how you feel though. My 70 Swinger in my avatar is killing me and I am temted to just get rid of it. So I feel your pain.

-
Back