User Moparofficial not responding..

-
I believe the slant 6 guys are using International Red, Synthetic Enamel to match the factory slant 6 red.

Using the 5 star hardener with the International Red toughens it up and helps it to dry and cure much faster.

View attachment 1716266167

☆☆☆☆☆
I used Krylon Farm Implement International Harvester Red. It's a dead match.

Still got mine, consider it the bible for Mopar parts.
I use to drive 1/2hr to the store in Chatsworth to pick up parts.
The store was awesome. Intakes, cams, headers, complete engines, all at your fingertips.
Those were the glory days of hot rodding.

View attachment 1716266174
Yall are showin me something I didn't know. I never knew PAW had separate catalogs for different makes. Cool.

Well looky here >

Screenshot_20240622-204806_Gallery.jpg

Nice Work....

☆☆☆☆☆

Yall are showin me something I didn't know. I never knew PAW had separate catalogs for different makes. Cool.
they didn't at first. it wasn't until the aftermarket started producing more parts for mopar that the catalog got physically so big that they broke us off into our own book.

it probably coincided with the abundance of more chevy and ford parts as well. and from a production stand point it kinda makes sense.

Still got mine, consider it the bible for Mopar parts.
I use to drive 1/2hr to the store in Chatsworth to pick up parts.
The store was awesome. Intakes, cams, headers, complete engines, all at your fingertips.
Those were the glory days of hot rodding.

View attachment 1716266174

I remember when all this internet bullshit was going on. You know, buy **** on line and pray the brown truck or the “if it absolutely positively has to be there overnight” guys don’t bone you.

You can’t see or touch what you are buying.

But all the young guys I knew couldn’t bypass speed shops fast enough to buy online and now look at what has happened.

We are down to Jegs and Summit. I don’t even know if Doug Herbert still has his parts store.

Speed shops were generally open 7 days a week. They had stuff on the shelf. You could walk in and buy it.

If they did have to order it, it would be there in a day or two at the most.

Now we are stuck with what we have. As someone said in a different thread, we are fast becoming the Model T guys.

I remember when all this internet bullshit was going on. You know, buy **** on line and pray the brown truck or the “if it absolutely positively has to be there overnight” guys don’t bone you.

But all the young guys I knew couldn’t bypass speed shops fast enough to buy online and now look at what has happened.

We are down to Jegs and Summit. I don’t even know if Doug Herbert still has his parts store.

Speed shops were generally open 7 days a week. They had stuff on the shelf. You could walk in and buy it.

Now we are stuck with what we have. As someone said in a different thread, we are fast becoming the Model T guys.
We had a good one on the south side of Macon. He carried the whole line of General Kenetic cams when Harold was da man.

Good reflection on the way things were.

Walked into the Champion auto store in town at age 16 to get slotted aluminum wheels, some wider bias tires and 2 cherry bomb mufflers for the dual exhaust. All in stock.

The owner said the police in town don't like us selling the cherry bomb mufflers > but here you go.

Lol... Good Times

First car at 16 years old. Painted Red, swapped In a 350 4bbl with a 4 spd, and a pair of black Pontiac bucket seats. Good to Go.

64 Chev.jpg

From an old Polaroid picture ^ that I was able to re-photograph into digital format. Glad I kept that old picture.

☆☆☆☆☆

Good reflection on the way things were.

Walked into the Champion auto store in town at age 16 to get slotted aluminum wheels, some wider bias tires and 2 cherry bomb mufflers for the dual exhaust. All in stock.

The owner said the police in town don't like us selling the cherry bomb mufflers > but here you go.

Lol... Good Times

First car at 16 years old. Painted Red, swapped In a 350 4bbl with a 4 spd, and a pair of black Pontiac bucket seats. Good to Go.

View attachment 1716266182

From an old Polaroid picture ^ that I was able to re-photograph into digital format. Glad I kept that old picture.

☆☆☆☆☆
I like them old cars. I have a local friend who has this. A 60 Impala with a 348 tri power and four speed. It's a super nice car.
JERRY'S CAR.jpg

While we are on the subject, where can a guy get rear window channel for a 67-69 firechicken/ camaro? :lol: :mob::poke:

17191066725791462238528.jpg

17191067104081567930150.jpg

W0W, I would say this thread really fell off the rails. What does @MOPAROFFICIAL think of this?

A lot of good information is being shared here.

The 14 pages and 8,000 views shows that people are interested, and looking in to learn something > and ultimately to see where this is all going.

20240622_213412.jpg

Enjoy...

☆☆☆☆☆

man, too true. i don't care for a lot of GM offerings but 59 & 60 and to a lesser extent 61 were handsome cars.

i had a 59 biscayne. originally a 6 but i put a large journal 327 and 4spd and thought i was hot ****. still didn't get laid, but it was a cool car.

I don’t care who you are, if you don’t think that is one sexy car you need to go breathe on a mirror and see if your even alive.

Beautiful car.
He wins regular at all the local shows. I saw him once without the car and he said, "Heck, I got lots of friends around here, I gotta let them win some, too" LOL

We had a good one on the south side of Macon. He carried the whole line of General Kenetic cams when Harold was da man.
We had Jake's Speed Shop in New Orleans.
I also must be nuts since I gave been looking at Slant Cars and thinking some of these nice slant early trucks is for me.
Rebuild and a turbo like Dultich did.
Any mild HP number one 250-325 would pull a open car haller easy enough with a Duster, Challenger on it. Add on a Gear Venders unit....
I am looking the Assie Al_You_Min_I_Um as they say it cover with ribs. Be an easy sand-polish job.
I gotta stop looking at clean slant trucks now.
I use to own a 1970 Duster 225 833 4 speed from a Demon (converter from a 904) 4bbl, headers and duels.
This time it would be over drive auto.
No headers for me, would be the new cast iron HP Manifolds and the Turbo stuff, is easy to get now.

W0W, I would say this thread really fell off the rails. What does @MOPAROFFICIAL think of this?
The 14 pages and 8,000 views shows that people are interested, and looking in to learn something > and ultimately to see where this is all going.
Justin already chimed in, there is no need for him to do so again, as for the 8000 views, oh well get a life it's between Justin and the OP.

What was this thread about?
I can’t remember…but here is a picture of me and my family riding our bike

A70CE153-75BF-43AB-99D6-AED2DF185C8A.jpeg

-
Back