User Moparofficial not responding..

-
This post has opened my eyes to just how beautiful the slant sick engines are. I’m thinking of buying one and putting a chrome valve cover on it and mounting a 1/2 inch thick piece of lexan to it and making a coffee table out of it. Beautiful
I was going to do that with this.

241 red ram.jpg

What's wrong with women on a car site?

NOT A DAMN THING. You all are welcome here and I think Joey would support that whole heartedly.

Edit: my wife made me make this edit. She wants me to point out Joey wants all the women who want to be here to be here.

Me? If I went away my wife thinks Joey would fly in every moderator to his place for a 5 day party with hookers and blow for me leaving.

My wife may be on to something.

Last edited:
It is strange that hardly anyone builds or runs the later slants. I have seen a few 80s slants for sale and they sat for sale so long, they ended up in the scrap pile.

It is strange that hardly anyone builds or runs the later slants. I have seen a few 80s slants for sale and they sat for sale so long, they ended up in the scrap pile.
They were “cast crank” garbage before all the slant six racers realized you don’t need a forged crank for 250 HP lol. No real aftermarket performance support. The later head is designed to where you have to pull the head to do a cam swap or service the lifters.

Add all that to a feedback carburetor and lean burn ignition and you were left with an 80 HP dog that has trouble keeping up with highway traffic…and any other traffic.

I had an 88 d100 with the slant six and a833 o/d and I loved it, but it was the slowest vehicle I’ve ever owned. It was intimidating to drive on the freeway when I lived in TX and everyone goes 80+mph. Even the trucks!

i think its strange anyone runs ANY slant
but thats just me

(insert tim-the-toolman-taylor har har har here)

Then I'm out, I keep my nails trimmed down and there is often grease, cuts scratches and bruises. I also don't trust anyone wrenching on my cars so the only alternative is to get in the trench and get dirty.

Then I'm out, I keep my nails trimmed down and there is often grease, cuts scratches and bruises. I also don't trust anyone wrenching on my cars so the only alternative is to get in the trench and get dirty.

In today's world it makes no sense to pay others for what you can do yourself.

As Ben Franklin said: A penny saved is a penny earned. But he left out the part where you wear out your vehicle earning the money and then being taxed on those earnings.

Then also being taxed again when you hire someone else to do the work you should have done in the first place.

Clean hands = empty bank account with no site of retirement in view.

Roll up the sleeves and Get 'er Done. Especially Today....

☆☆☆☆☆

In today's world it makes no sense to pay others for what you can do yourself.

As Ben Franklin said: A penny saved is a penny earned. But he left out the part where you wear out your vehicle earning the money and then being taxed on those earnings.

Then also being taxed again when you hire someone else to do the work you should have done in the first place.

Clean hands = empty bank account with no site of retirement in view.

Roll up the sleeves and Get 'er Done. Especially Today....

☆☆☆☆☆
you dont want money in your bank account, that is a taxable asset
you want it in an investment account

I was just poking you. I think it's great you can work on cars and check the oil. We also have the powder coat queen, Leann. She has a nice fastback.

I like dirty girls. lol

Apologies here, but which post explains why this won't fit an early engine? Height? Bolt pattern?

The shape of the two heads is different. A solid lifter head has a valve cover that's 6.25" wide not counting mounting holes, and is a smooth mostly rectangle shape. The hydraulic lifter valve cover is about a half inch wider, and has this indented corner on the right front.

20240625_170954[1].jpg

Having slogged through all 19 pages of this junk (losing far too many hours of my life I can never get back) I should enthusiastically wave about my Truly Nice Guy flag, and offer the OP a solution to the dilemma. Send me that valve cover and I'll put it on my engine where it shall live in splendor.

And since many have opined this thread is really about cats, here's a pic of my little man going to war with the string on a hoodie.

P1220015.JPG

1972 Valiant with a earlier slant 6 Chrome Ribbed valve cover on it.

Screenshot_20240625-222525_Gallery.jpg

Showing the earlier valve covers will fit the later '70s slant 6 engines.

☆☆☆☆☆

Just flipped to 13,000 views.

20240625_224105.jpg

There's another 1,000 recent views. Since today at 4:07 p.m.

In just 6 hours, really getting out there....

☆☆☆☆☆

Last edited:
-
Back