What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Started last night to install that Electric Fuel Pump like I once upon a time had in my race car back in the 70's...
When I was working for Ed ... he liked the Push Pull of Electric and Mechanical and it worked Very Well back then, so I'm a believer! Finished the job this morning and so far no Leaks.. I have a (hidden) toggle switch in line so I can turn it off when not needed, but now if my 65 cuda sits in the Arizona heat for weeks between uses, and the Carb bowls are dry, I can turn on the pump for a few seconds and pre-fill carb bowls and fire the old girl up without "Cranking" so much. And besides that, I have a backup if the ol`Mechanical one ever fails... when I was Young, never worried much about that stuff, but now @ 75+ I do! And the 'cuda ain't no spring chicken either!
Finally did a job that did not include machining Billet Aluminum.. LoL (though, I did modify the pump`s mounting bolts to a larger thread size like my 1970's pump had that go though the rubber isolating grommets) :)
20200916_102522.jpg
20200916_102057.jpg
20200916_102322.jpg
20200916_095256.jpg
20200916_101336.jpg
loop

Today I rewired my Contour fans while waiting for my Autocoolguy PWM controller that the post office allegedly will deliver on Friday. It's going on the left side of the AR motor plate... very few places are remaining under the hood where I can mount a 5-1/2 x 6" box (2-1/4" thick).
If the USPS screws up I can always jumper one or both fans on, so the car will still be driveable ;)

Well I’m doing the fun stuff seeing we are in stage 4 lock down and I have a leaky rear seal It wasn’t real bad but I cannot stand oil leaks .what better time in replacing it while everything is in shut down.

DFA7AFF7-D6A8-4FAC-9E25-EEDAFBCD7EF2.jpeg

4855F7CC-9C2D-48F3-A5B1-9C00A7AAA35E.jpeg

DEFA2DCD-D36A-4552-999F-116F2B2E0C9F.jpeg

FFBAF63E-2B9A-4BC7-9A87-8FC0456206B5.jpeg

I've been watching the USPS tracking on my PWM controller all week... accepted in CA and arrived at the "Regional Origin Center, City of Industry CA" both on Mon. the 14th. Nothing since then except daily updates "In-Transit, Arriving on time Fri. Sep 18th". Yeah, sure. Not a snowball's chance. I've heard that tune before...

So I spent a few minutes hooking the 195F temp switch and relay back up, with crimp connectors. (For permanent installs I always use solder and heat-shrink tubing but I know this is coming out again soon.) This way I can still make the cruise-in at Bakersfield MO on Sat. morning :)

I was working on my Dart this afternoon when Jim (Owner) from Detroitmuscletechnologies.com walked up to the garage and dropped off the parts I ordered 22 hrs earlier. No shipping charge. Just said he was in the area. This is the 4th time he has done that. Probably saved $12 on shipping. I doubt the other Big parts companies would even think of that. 3 cheers to Jim. He keeps the Mopar guys moving forward during these tough times.
:thankyou:

Got the fan controller installed! It works perfectly, at least idling in the driveway and going for a couple miles on the dirt roads up to 40 mph. Stayed right on 180 the whole time, even dropped a couple degrees while coasting downhill. Didn't get a chance to take it out to the highway yet. But it wasn't overheating before - just running a bit hotter than I wanted (195-198). Either way it's good.
That little blue box and the companion sensor in the hose was $250 but worth it. The cheaper ones have a reputation for blowing up or not working at all...
Now I need to get back to fixing that oil leak (again). :realcrazy:
DSCF0179.JPG

They were There... I was puzzled when you posted (about it didn't happen without pix) I went back and looked again so will vouch for moparhunter!!!
Maybe you had to many "Beers" ??
LoL

Last check, not blind. They didn't show up when I posted originally. ..
I don't think it matters very much. ...let's move on.

:thumbsup:

I was working on my Dart this afternoon when Jim (Owner) from Detroitmuscletechnologies.com walked up to the garage and dropped off the parts I ordered 22 hrs earlier. No shipping charge. Just said he was in the area. This is the 4th time he has done that. Probably saved $12 on shipping. I doubt the other Big parts companies would even think of that. 3 cheers to Jim. He keeps the Mopar guys moving forward during these tough times.
:thankyou:

I always think of DMT first when searching for a part I think he may have because of his customer service. I emailed him for something, can't remember what, and not only did he respond quickly, he asked about my car. We went back and forth on email. Really says a lot about the guy!!

I always think of DMT first when searching for a part I think he may have because of his customer service. I emailed him for something, can't remember what, and not only did he respond quickly, he asked about my car. We went back and forth on email. Really says a lot about the guy!!
I also never question if a part will fit or work from DTM. Their stuff is usually better than the original.

I tell people I have George Washington's Axe. Heads been replaced 7 times. Handle 6 times. Wanna buy a piece of history? Lol

-
Back