What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Went to the Holley Moparty event yesterday and today. Autocrossed for the first time ever. What a blast!! I just wish I had power steering and a MUCH quicker steering ratio! Also put it on the dyno. Surprised me for what it is, stock 5.9 magnum longblock with a Chinese airgap and a 1406 carb. Put down 198hp and 249tq to the wheels! I was happy with that!

49E656F7-22D3-44A2-B707-61A0B397D1BD.jpeg

Here is about 24hrs of work in two days. I have so much respect for the professional body guys out there! This is tedious work and it’s tested me as a man. I’m very close to epoxy primer now and can’t wait to be done welding and grinding.

3AA07712_1722_4EFA_B7BF_F8D1E14AE695.jpg

DSC_0018.JPG

My girlfriend at the time caught me pulling a motor with a come-a-long into an oak tree and made me find another way. SO I found this jury rig on CL for $80. It worked good in my sandy driveway back in Florida 8 years ago. That gal married me, and now I pull the motor outta my truck with her car and drop it in orange car!! I dig it, you can lower it in an arc with the jack and straight up and down with the winch.

DSC_0024.JPG

still took the better part of today though....

Drove the Charger a little over an hour each way to Mopar Day in St Thomas. The car ran great and it was nice to see some buddies and watch some racing.

IMG_20200919_145208.jpg

Just finished up my trunk. All new metal. Floor, extensions, quarters, taillight panel etc... and some base/clear.
20200918_170940.jpg

After My recent heart attack, My third, I've been in cardiac rehab, no alcohol, pork, beef, sugar, fried anything, eggs, and nothing but whole wheat cereal and bread, lost 12 pounds since the 29th of June, and I'm feeling much better, even better than before the event.
Today a wired in a new electric fan controller on the Rumble Bee, put the new wheels and tires on the Dart, and washed it up.
Tomorrow, install the intake and carb, new aluminum water pump and the Vintage Aire A/C bracket, the next day the interior comes out for the carpet install , and install the new package tray.
Not to shabby for an old geezer, I was 74 last Friday!

upload_2020-9-22_19-23-52.png

upload_2020-9-22_19-21-28.png

Ordering my Carpet tonight from Stockinteriors.
80/20 loop with mass backing. Not risking the hassle with Rock Auto. $9.95 discount isn't worth the headache.

After My recent heart attack, My third, I've been in cardiac rehab, no alcohol, pork, beef, sugar, fried anything, eggs, and nothing but whole wheat cereal and bread, lost 12 pounds since the 29th of June, and I'm feeling much better, even better than before the event.
Today a wired in a new electric fan controller on the Rumble Bee, put the new wheels and tires on the Dart, and washed it up.
Tomorrow, install the intake and carb, new aluminum water pump and the Vintage Aire A/C bracket, the next day the interior comes out for the carpet install , and install the new package tray.
Not to shabby for an old geezer, I was 74 last Friday!

View attachment 1715599463

View attachment 1715599462
Good for you. Nice job!

-
Back