What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
So 5 yrs for me is just a drop in the bucket. Before to present day photos

20160530_100038.jpg

20201121_151640.jpg

I think it's called old age like all of us. I have leakage sometime too. Wow. That's way off topic again. Let's say his fuel hose is past it's life cycle.

My car leaks too, not from fuel line at least... Im going to fix the leaks one day...

My car leaks too, not from fuel line at least... Im going to fix the leaks one day...
My car leaks from dozens of places, but today it decided to let out almost a steady stream of gas from the fuel vent line just outside of the tank. Not something I could just let slide. Of course I had to drop the tank, and of course I chose to replace all of the lines while I was there. I’m doing my best not to light this thing on fire.

I think it's called old age like all of us. I have leakage sometime too. Wow. That's way off topic again. Let's say his fuel hose is past it's life cycle.
I’m no expert, but I’d guess they were the original lines judging by how brittle the rubber was and the clamps used.

2 coats down...I'll try and do 2 more coats tomorrow.... then wetland with 1k grit... or maybe no wetsanding, only time will tell... Used Krylon Satin Black and Im glad, because its looking nice and black. I didnt do the trunk pannel yet, but I did sand and scuff it up. Will clear it all with some sharkhide when I decide to order it lol.

20201207_205023.jpg

20201207_204911.jpg

20201207_204848.jpg

20201207_204834.jpg

My car leaks from dozens of places, but today it decided to let out almost a steady stream of gas from the fuel vent line just outside of the tank. Not something I could just let slide. Of course I had to drop the tank, and of course I chose to replace all of the lines while I was there. I’m doing my best not to light this thing on fire.
In my experience, the best way to find a small leak is to fix a big one. :)

I’m retiring from my career at the ripe old age of 45 and he was gracious enough to offer me a part time job at his shop and teach me a new trade.

Funny you say that. I have a Black Car. Lol

View attachment 1715645125

I know you have a black car and yours looks great as well... Mine... needs so love...

I’m retiring from my career at the ripe old age of 45 and he was gracious enough to offer me a part time job at his shop and teach me a new trade.

Awesome! My goal is to retire from hands on work in my career between 40-45 as well... thats as long as I graduate in May at least lol.

I know you have a black car and yours looks great as well... Mine... needs so love...

Awesome! My goal is to retire from hands on work in my career between 40-45 as well... thats as long as I graduate in May at least lol.
Awesome! It is a luxury most do not have, work hard, accomplish it, and be thankful you are able to!
The work you are doing on that grille is great by the way.

Getting the car ready for tranny work. My A833 works great but leaks so I am taking it out and hopefully finding someone to rebuild it and stop it from leaking. While its out a new clutch, pressure plate, and throwout bearing after having the flywheel resurfaced. Any recommendations on clutch and Pressure Plate?
Well I got the trans out and the bell housing has all the reverse lockout stuff and i'm having issues getting it off. I haven't found the procedure for removal in my shop manual yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. So after removing the clutch, pressure plate and flywheel and getting a good look at the underside of the engine there is some long term evidence of leaking oil from the pan gasket and most likely the rear main seal. Since the car is laid up for the winter and I want to fix it right looks like I'll be dropping the pan and replacing the gasket and seal. As far as the clutch I ended up going with the McCleod Street Pro.

I needed those carports because both of my 40x60 shops are full. One has 7 cars in it and the other has 2 (my working shop). Good problems to have I guess.

-
Back