What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
I didn't work on my car today. Had a buddy pull his Impala into my shop for some help. My shop has a heated floor so it is a popular place in the winter.
DSC_4256 (Large).JPG

got the new calipers on the plow truck
i just got to switch over the lines and bleed them, but im doing that when the baby wakes up so i dont have to worry about her

Purchased Dec 7th 2019. Borrowed 7k and had 12 months to pay @ 0 interest. Complete rebuild of motor/ trans/ and anything else needing repair.
Paid last payment today! Hell yeah!
Going to paint in 2 weeks. Final step before reassembly.
This was in the middle of another build so that was a pain in the wallet but gonna have 2 old school rides this spring.
Goodbye 2020! Glad this year is coming to an end.

Getting the car ready for tranny work. My A833 works great but leaks so I am taking it out and hopefully finding someone to rebuild it and stop it from leaking. While its out a new clutch, pressure plate, and throwout bearing after having the flywheel resurfaced. Any recommendations on clutch and Pressure Plate?

Finally got the fourth package with the last piece of nitrous hardware (converted my Powershot non-adjustable, super rich plate to a fully adjustable which I think they call a Super Powershot). So I put that on and set the (separate) regulator for 5.5 psi while feeding the .052 fuel jet.
Also removed both headlight assemblies completely, because they wouldn't aim high enough. The core support does not look bent or creased. The sheet metal brackets seem rather easily deformed, though. I slightly re-bent the lower legs on the brackets and reinstalled. Looks better but I'll have to wait for dark :) I bought the rolling shell completely (and I mean completely) disassembled. A literal basket case. So I don't know what exactly the hardware looked like from the factory. Are there supposed to be some kind of shims between the brackets and the core support?

Had to replace the power side of my regulator field wires. Looks like I need to do some rewiring work in the engine bay.

Finally got the fourth package with the last piece of nitrous hardware (converted my Powershot non-adjustable, super rich plate to a fully adjustable which I think they call a Super Powershot). So I put that on and set the (separate) regulator for 5.5 psi while feeding the .052 fuel jet.
Also removed both headlight assemblies completely, because they wouldn't aim high enough. The core support does not look bent or creased. The sheet metal brackets seem rather easily deformed, though. I slightly re-bent the lower legs on the brackets and reinstalled. Looks better but I'll have to wait for dark :) I bought the rolling shell completely (and I mean completely) disassembled. A literal basket case. So I don't know what exactly the hardware looked like from the factory. Are there supposed to be some kind of shims between the brackets and the core support?
Good Job. :)

I just pulled my 72 apart yesterday. Don’t know if these pics help but I don’t believe it’s ever been apart before. No shims. Just the four tabs holding the light on. And adjuster screw up top

13E311F2-01C7-4D20-94B6-8E08258C3190.jpeg

DC809C43-4AC0-42C7-AD4E-B74ECD396802.jpeg

35277AC5-D94E-428F-8825-AEA0A56D56D9.jpeg

Thanks - that's just what mine looks like (except I removed the rust and spray-painted them) :) Perhaps the front of the fender is bent at an angle - but everything bolted back up after painting. There are lots of variables too, such as front end ride height, rear spring height...
I may just add a couple of fender shims to the lower bolts if it's still off!

Thanks - that's just what mine looks like (except I removed the rust and spray-painted them) :) Perhaps the front of the fender is bent at an angle - but everything bolted back up after painting. There are lots of variables too, such as front end ride height, rear spring height...
I may just add a couple of fender shims to the lower bolts if it's still off!
There ya go. I’ll paint mine up before they go back on but the problem lies behind it. More rust. Lol

i got about an hour to decide if i want to take the duster on a 1.5 hour road trip

its 35 right now, but gonna drop to 28
i dont have a heater, but its gonna be dry

i got about an hour to decide if i want to take the duster on a 1.5 hour road trip

its 35 right now, but gonna drop to 28
i dont have a heater, but its gonna be dry
You live in Michigan. What were you thinking to delete the heater? :realcrazy: Lol

You live in Michigan. What were you thinking to delete the heater? :realcrazy: Lol

i never said I deleted it, i said it aint got one

honestly, i dont know if it works or not, but when i pulled the /6 the heater core was bypassed, so rather then rist a coolant leak in the car, i decided to keep it bypassed when i dropped the 360 in there (and again when i dropped in the 408)

but, i got het on the charger, just to be sure
as soon as my friend shows up to watch the kids, im outie

Went to do the wiper pivot seals in The 65 Cuda to find out over the last 5 years they were frozen. I had to put a pipe wrench on them to get them to move and bareley moved. I fitted a grease nipple in them and as soon as the grease pushed out the old crap the pivots worked perfectly!

5DBFBB35-285F-49C5-A5CC-EA00F7B5F7AF.jpeg

Actually working on installing rear trim panels under the quarter windows tonight. They are Legendary brand. So would you be drinking at this stage? I'm so close. Lol

20201205_190352.jpg

-
Back