What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
A bit of light wet sanding to scuff up the paint a little before painting the 6-pack hood satin black. Leaving a bit of red down both sides...tbd exactly how much.
20210202_231415.jpg

I got all my LED instrument panel bulbs in and working. I went with the amber so they wouldn't be super bright. I had to do some circuit board repair. Nice to finally have working lights.

20210131_220329.jpg

Passenger side glass is in.Way easier then I thought it was gonna be.Now roof rail seals.Do you use any weatherstrip adhesive or just tuck them in?

0D04617C-4EB4-4E35-90DE-F7304DE5FCE2.jpeg

217683B1-9161-4DFD-86AD-D7C199DCB86A.jpeg

A bit of light wet sanding to scuff up the paint a little before painting the 6-pack hood satin black. Leaving a bit of red down both sides...tbd exactly how much.
I was thinking of doing that with mine, since the clown who painted it didn't come close to matching the rest of the car :rolleyes:
Post pics once it's painted! :)

You gotta really want to have them. That took more time than you might wanna do? But I'll help you with the process if you go that route?

They wouldn't look right on my duster
It has that slight elevation on the hood

If I ever get mine repainted it will get the strobe stripe on it

Much like this one

1970-1972-Duster-Hood-Ladder-Strobe-Stripes-_1.jpg

I was thinking of doing that with mine, since the clown who painted it didn't come close to matching the rest of the car :rolleyes:
Post pics once it's painted! :)
Sure, will do. It will be a while before I reinstall it but I'll post it. This hood goes on the 72 and it's my "bad boy" car. Obnoxious, loud, cage, 408, 8" ATI Treemaster...all that stuff just for fun. It will have to prove itself to see if the performance will live up to what it has. The car will get the black stripe package as well. But the hood will be just black down the middle out close to the hood pins. My 71 Demon 340 is for the all-original look.

Last edited:
This hood goes on the 72 and it's my "bad boy" car. Obnoxious, loud, cage, 408, 8" ATI Treemaster...all that stuff just for fun. It will have to prove itself
My '72 is also bit louder than I like with 451, big cam and dual 3" exhaust... definitely not a daily driver but I wouldn't call it obnoxious though. :p

Someday at the track, if it goes as fast as I aimed for, I'll have to put a 6-pt roll bar in it (required at 11.49). Hoping to just break into the high 10's which may require using the 150 hp shot. We shall see :)

Oh, today I put a full nitrous bottle in the trunk. I have to remake one braided hose since I added a pressure switch and gauge.

My '72 is also bit louder than I like with 451, big cam and dual 3" exhaust... definitely not a daily driver but I wouldn't call it obnoxious though. :p

Someday at the track, if it goes as fast as I aimed for, I'll have to put a 6-pt roll bar in it (required at 11.49). Hoping to just break into the high 10's which may require using the 150 hp shot. We shall see :)

Oh, today I put a full nitrous bottle in the trunk. I have to remake one braided hose since I added a pressure switch and gauge.
You have WAY more motor than me!! And nitrous to boot!! I'm happy with where the 408 turned out...now have to see what it will run.

You have WAY more motor than me!! And nitrous to boot!! I'm happy with where the 408 turned out...now have to see what it will run.
Don't sell yourself short - 451 is only 10% more displacement than 408. I'm sure your small-block makes plenty of power too, just at slightly higher revs.

This 408 is new to me - never had one so it's all talk for me at this point. But many years ago when I raced my 69 Charger with a mild 440, I sure loved how it felt. That car was easily 1000#'s heavier than this Demon and it ran 12.50's. And this motor has dyno'd close to 100 hp more. Soooo.....it should be a fun first few passes this summer to "see what I got!"

I'm still at...rotating 12's for 35 years....retiring in 2...can't wait.
I can't do that rotating crap, I'd be a zombie. I worked 12's up until last August, then we went to 8's. I'd get off at 6am, then work on my car until noon or 1. Sleep, work, wrench, repeat. I got really good at functioning with 4 hours of sleep.

Last edited:
I can't do that rotating crap, I'd be a zombie. I worked 13's up until last August, then we went to 8's. I'd get off at 6am, then work on my car until noon or 1. Sleep, work, wrench, repeat. I got really good at functioning with 4 hours of sleep.
It's def a biatch and I find at this point in life, when I'm on nights, I need all the sleep I can get. 1 hour commute each way gets me to 14 hour day/night. It's been a great career but I'm looking forward to the end.

Dreaming of having it home to work on it.............70 swinger getting gutted, lightened, minitubbed or full tubs ? Not sure yet, ladder bar narrowed Dana 60, stiffen up the frame, caged, 470 stroker.... Gotta make some more money too

-
Back