What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
New wire clips, again. Got the correct '69 covers so a deja vu moment today..
1969dartcleanupweek13 099.JPG
1969dartcleanupweek13 138.JPG
1969dartcleanupweek13 140.JPG
1969dartcleanupweek13 146.JPG

Set the idle speed on the scamp today because it was high. Also adjusted idle mixture and set the points. Dwell a few degrees off but close enough.

20210302_123852.jpg

UPS delivered the DMT flocked door window to quarter window seals for my 66 Barracuda yesterday.

I just finished getting them in. Should help with air and road noise!!!

I know I'm going to regret not tearing the car down and rebuilding it but for now I want to drive. I don't want it to end up off the road 10 years.

20210306_125600.jpg

20210306_125619.jpg

20210306_134124.jpg

UPS delivered the DMT flocked door window to quarter window seals for my 66 Barracuda yesterday.

I just finished getting them in. Should help with air and road noise!!!

I know I'm going to regret not tearing the car down and rebuilding it but for now I want to drive. I don't want it to end up off the road 10 years.

View attachment 1715702629
View attachment 1715702630
View attachment 1715702631
I know what ya mean about off the road. I have told myself " I should have left it in primer and drove the hell out of it " many times. Mine didnt look as good as yours. Check out my avatar pic. thats my dart in my driveway when I used to drive it. I am getting "close" I have friends that say "it looks good when are you going to spray it". I say "not yet it isnt ready" . You know when its ready when you are the one massaging the body work. Its good that people think its there though. I always ay "when it looks good in primer, its getting close. the primer almost has to have a sheen to it or it almost has to shine in primer IMO :)

Last edited:
I know what ya mean about off the road. I have told myself " I should have left it in primer and drove the hell out of it " many times. Mine didnt look as good as yours. Check out my avatar pic. thats my dart in my driveway when I used to drive it :)

You probably drove the wheels off your car back then! From the picture, it looks like a fun daily driver.

Mine is good 10 footer! But the longer I wait, the distance will grow, lol. It was painted by the prior owners' uncle in 1981. But always garage kept.

Its a double edged sword, I guess. We want our cars to look good. Heck, I even seem to feel better being in a spotless car. But then we tend to drive less cause we don't want to have to park it somewhere for fear of theft or damage. We know the time, effort and money invested to make them nice. There are a lot of Yahoo's out there that can't be trusted for sure!!

You probably drove the wheels off your car back then! From the picture, it looks like a fun daily driver.

Mine is good 10 footer! But the longer I wait, the distance will grow, lol. It was painted by the prior owners' uncle in 1981. But always garage kept.

Its a double edged sword, I guess. We want our cars to look good. Heck, I even seem to feel better being in a spotless car. But then we tend to drive less cause we don't want to have to park it somewhere for fear of theft or damage. We know the time, effort and money invested to make them nice. There are a lot of Yahoo's out there that can't be trusted for sure!!
For me, it just got where it was time. My car was originally purple,than repainted silver in the 80s,and I had rattlecan primer over the silver which was so faded it looked like primer. I took the car down to bare metal, cut out the rust and repaired .Am just now finalizing body for paint. But its been ten years like you said. Its alot to take a car down to a shell and put it back together. But you are right I will be cautious driving it. I say I will have plenty of power but baby it like an old man.:)

For me, it just got where it was time. My car was originally purple,than repainted silver in the 80s,and I had rattlecan primer over the silver which was so faded it looked like primer. I took the car down to bare metal, cut out the rust and repaired .Am just now finalizing body for paint. But its been ten years like you said. Its alot to take a car down to a shell and put it back together. But you are right I will be cautious driving it. I say I will have plenty of power but baby it like an old man.:)

Congratulations man!! Its got to be a tremendous feeling of accomplishment.

I'm 57 years old now, so if I can keep my car decent until I retire at 67, maybe I can do it 5 years instead of 10, lol. Thats my plan!!

Congratulations man!! Its got to be a tremendous feeling of accomplishment.

I'm 57 years old now, so if I can keep my car decent until I retire at 67, maybe I can do it 5 years instead of 10, lol. Thats my plan!!
It is, but its slow going,then one day you step back and its starting to look good. You have to be patient and not in a hurry. Winter slows me down for bodywork anyway. there is just no way to quickly heat my garage to where the body and paint materials will cure properly. I do get things done on it at a steady pace though and another thing is repainting and reconditioning parts and trim etc. There is always something to do.

Trash day....

Was going to save these brand new shoes, maybe 50 miles... but the wife talked some sense into me saying "you're about to be a dentist... you know you'll just end up buying new **** instead of using your old ****..." :eek:

I mean... she is right I guess... :drama::lol:

20210306_143331.jpg

20210306_141916.jpg

20210306_143218.jpg

20210306_141624.jpg

20210306_141434.jpg

Got the 318 all ready to come out of the Shelby. I bought the truck new in March of '89. Only have 92k on the clock, but every gasket leaks. Doing a few upgrades in the near future. Going to stash the original 318 under the bench and drop in a nearly stock '84 360 that i just happen to have lying around. Stock bottom end, small cam, 340 J heads and a 4 barrel carb. Since day 1 I had been hell bent on keeping it 100% original forever. Finally gave in to my other side and decided any thing I do to it can be undone in the future.

20210306_141706.jpg
20210306_141727.jpg

Last edited:
I resisted the urge to burn my piece of **** to the ground again today, it just doesn't run right, will wind right up without a problem in neutral, full throttle blips open the secondaries fine, but take it on the road and it's a complete slug. It has 4.10 gears in the rear end but it won't even break the tires under any circumstance. Getting really frustrating, I took out the MSD distributor that came with the car, put in a known good stocker, same story. I have good fuel pressure, (mechanical pump, 6 psi), fuel line is clear, new tank and sending unit, new 650 AVS2 carb. 360/727 with a mild cam and TTi headers, had the near exact combo in a Dart years ago except that one had crappy smogger heads and it was a screamer, even with a stock cast iron intake and thermoquad.

I checked the engines in both Monacos, and they spun freely. One was claimed to spin previously, one wasn't, bonus! Hope to have one or both running soon.

-
Back