What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
I took delivery of another car.

PXL_20210303_153503007.jpg

They set the parking brake :BangHead:, and only one wheel let loose. Pulled it off with my truck then had to pull it into the driveway/yard to get it out of the alley

Looks solid, you're gonna have some fun!
It's supposed to be a parts car, but I think it's twin I own will become the parts car. Almost the same, except interior color, vinyl vs no vinyl, power seat and a tach on the console. The car is very solid, I'm a happy camper!

Same thing happened to my Dad. Bought a 68 300 convertible for a parts car but it was in better shape then its intended. What drive line do you have?

383/727. It was going to provide sheet metal for the four speed Canadian Monaco I picked up, but I think it's way to nice to cut up. There is algea (or something) on the car, but the quarters and trunk extensions look solid as a rock. And it's closer to the car in the ad that got me hooked.

s-l400~2.jpg

It's supposed to be a parts car, but I think it's twin I own will become the parts car. Almost the same, except interior color, vinyl vs no vinyl, power seat and a tach on the console. The car is very solid, I'm a happy camper!
Kinda happened like that for me back in 2016. I told my friend I was looking for a 383 engine. He says "I know where there's one in a derby car."

Went to go look and I almost slapped him for calling this a derby car.

Polara 500, factory bucket seat/ console car with a 4 barrel 383.

CIMG0102.JPG

CIMG0103.JPG

CIMG0107.JPG

When is that one coming to Minnesota? :poke::poke::poke::poke:and, :poke:
Probably never because you want to low ball its value and act like any A body is worth 5 times the value of a seldom seen rust free polara. ***sticks out tongue***

I'm getting a 440 ready to drop in, once I start working on it................poof, it's not there anymore

:poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::lol:

They will throw off your tire balance. You will get a high speed wobble. And crash into a catus. Quick take them off and send them to me.

Maybe the off balance they cause will counter act my non alignment slight drift to the drivers side...

I found them at autozone for like 5 bucks though.

I got some of those on fleabay personalized with my name. Now I always look at wheels to see what people put there. Very few people remember such a small detail

Well... my car is far from "remembering the details" lol. I havent had valve stem caps in forever. But every month or so I check the air in my tires and always think, dang I should get some mopar valve stem caps... then the guy pointed these out and I had to get them

It stopped... ill bleed them again tonight just to ensure all the itty bitty air bubbles are out, but otherwise so far so good.

20210305_104055.jpg

20210305_104113.jpg

Is that a oil puddle I see under the car? :(

Probably. It leaks all kinds of fluids all the time,... luckily it isn't brake fluid...

It's running like a bat out of hell right now, I wish I knew how fast I was going on the freeway lol.

Edit- nope no fluid from my car in that picture.

20210305_104107.jpg

That's not an A body.... you should just bring it over and drop it off at my house... I got just the spot for it...

View attachment 1715702306
You will have a spot if you get that project car out of the garage and send it back to it's birth place in Detroit. Oh wait! I live in the Detroit area. Ok Just send that Hot Mess Home. :) Let the Detroit guys show you how to do a car correctly. :poke:

You will have a spot if you get that project car out of the garage and send it back to it's birth place in Detroit. Oh wait! I live in the Detroit area. Ok Just send that Hot Mess Home. :) Let the Detroit guys show you how to do a car correctly. :poke:

I thought Detroit was a dead barron wasteland now?

That project had the brakes bled again. I suck at bleeding brakes, even with help. Going to borrow my buddies fancy 1 man motive pressure bleeder to get it done right...

-
Back