What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
37mm socket for the loop d loop and a 7/8 for the 90 degree turn to go into the MC. I got a new line bender but it didn't like making loop d loops and didn't make as tight of a turn for the 90 degree turn as I would like, so I improvised.

Now need to wait for the adapter plate to put it all in...

20210221_223040.jpg

Moving right along after my last post.......Took half a day to fab up a really nice patch for the front of a door. Absolutely a work of art that fit like a glove. Decided to clean it up before I installed it, and put it in the bead blast cabinet. Needless to say, when I finished, the little bit of glass absolutely destroyed it....Took the crown right out of the patch and I couldn't reform it to my liking so back to the drawing board......Well that's done, and here's how it turned out!

I've always known that you don't blast large panels because of the warp factor, but this thing was 12 x 6 with a lip and it absolutely destroyed it. Lesson learned.

IMG_4724.JPG

IMG_4725.JPG

IMG_4726.JPG

IMG_4727.JPG

Moving right along after my last post.......Took half a day to fab up a really nice patch for the front of a door. Absolutely a work of art that fit like a glove. Decided to clean it up before I installed it, and put it in the bead blast cabinet. Needless to say, when I finished, the little bit of glass absolutely destroyed it....Took the crown right out of the patch and I couldn't reform it to my liking so back to the drawing board......Well that's done, and here's how it turned out!

I've always known that you don't blast large panels because of the warp factor, but this thing was 12 x 6 with a lip and it absolutely destroyed it. Lesson learned.

View attachment 1715696296

View attachment 1715696297

View attachment 1715696298

View attachment 1715696299

What did you spray into the door? Was it a rust converter or just paint? Patch looks great!

What did you spray into the door? Was it a rust converter or just paint? Patch looks great!
Took me a while to clean it out with a wire brush and rust dissolver. Then, 2 coats of etching primer followed by 2 coats of rust paint. Same for the back side of the patch with the exception of some weld through primer around the edges that got the heat. Long process....3 tacks then cool with compressed air. Rinse and repeat. Didn't want the patch to sink.

I posted about my intake project a couple three weeks ago. Been waiting all this time for a new bypass hose to come in the mail. Finally, today it comes and we're s'posed to get rain this afternoon. so I shut the work computer down and threw it on and was getting excited to turn it over and take it for a spin, when it occurs to me that we had to drink all the distilled water during the storm last week... I will never put my tap in that radiator again. I don't know what is in it but I seem to get a lot less rust with good water. (I'm hoping the aluminum intake helps too)
DSC_0201.JPG

You do nice work!! Quite a talent you have.
Thank-You. First kick at the cat that I bought in a pile 3 years ago when I retired. There's not much on this car that hasn't had to be repaired or replaced. It's Numbers matching though! FABO has been a wealth of info and knowledge that I couldn't do without.

Will be drivable again tomorrow... need to convince the wife to help me bleed the brakes. it feels like it has been off the road for years... excited to get behind the wheel again... :steering:

20210226_185735.jpg

20210226_220147.jpg

20210226_230450.jpg

20210226_230624.jpg

often in science and economics, two performance measures' data line crosses another and that intersection on a graph means something important....

DSC_0206.JPG

today I discovered what happens when LUCK and NEGLECT meet!

What happened? What am I not seeing in this picture lol.

My "neglected" (and heavily jury rigged) wire harness finally failed to supply enough voltage to the coil. The sum of old connectors, bad splices, plain incorrect wiring and the humid environment resulted in my "luck" running out. After some quality time with a wiring diagram a bunch of 67Dart273 quotes and a soldering iron, I got the old gal running this afternoon.
you can kinda see some troubled wiring at the ballast resistor and a bad splice (that was headed for my ECU) you may notice some duplicity going on in there too... it was a mess!

Moved under it's own power today for the 1st time since I've owned it. Up and down the driveway. Temp hit 50 degrees outside so I had to give it a try. Felt good to finally make some noise and see movement!
20210227_152354.jpg

79* in North Georgia today. Wife and I hit the roads for some cruising. Then stopped at Walmart for curbside pickup and Kroger for something to grill. Had probably a dozen thumbs up and 4 people say "nice car" out their window. Man I love driving this car!

Here it is at Kroger. Best looking vehicle in the parking lot :)
20210228_155231~2.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back