What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Going a little insane trying to find an online value guide that has a #5 condition value! No way my parts car is worth $4300! Even the lower amount of $3650 is too high. I've looked with the Nada guide, and collectorcarmarket.com. Nice to know my pipes of junk are worth a lot more than I can get for one of my running, driving cars. :BangHead:

79* in North Georgia today. Wife and I hit the roads for some cruising. Then stopped at Walmart for curbside pickup and Kroger for something to grill. Had probably a dozen thumbs up and 4 people say "nice car" out their window. Man I love driving this car!

Here it is at Kroger. Best looking vehicle in the parking lot :)
View attachment 1715699191

The car looks great! I love all the thumbs up and reactions you get when driving.

Got the painted parts installed and spent way too much time cleaning and painting pulleys and brackets. How do you like my redneck piston stop so I could torque the crank bolt?

IMG_20210228_150515.jpg

IMG_20210228_110443.jpg

Best looking car in the parking lot.... only because @66fyssh wasn't in the parking lot ad well. :D:thumbsup:

The new 15 dollar 7/8 bore MC gives the perfect pedal feel. No more soft brake pedal and hopefully no more softening up of the brakes over the course of a month or so.

Will work on alignment next.

20210301_121018.jpg

20210301_124246.jpg

Yesterday, drove it to a local every Sunday car show and hang out...
Around 60 cars, I was 1 of 3 Mopars!
My Barracuda, a '71 Barracuda, and a '71 Challenger.
But.....met some really cool people, heard some great stories from the older guys and basically really enjoyed it!
Blue sky, 71 degrees and a nice breeze. ....twas bliss!

Throw-back picture of when I first got her next to my Stingray I sold for Mopar parts!
downloadfile-32.jpg

Jeff

Yesterday, drove it to a local every Sunday car show and hang out...
Around 60 cars, I was 1 of 3 Mopars!
My Barracuda, a '71 Barracuda, and a '71 Challenger.
But.....met some really cool people, heard some great stories from the older guys and basically really enjoyed it!
Blue sky, 71 degrees and a nice breeze. ....twas bliss!

Throw-back picture of when I first got her next to my Stingray I sold for Mopar parts!
View attachment 1715699825

Jeff
It's cold in Michigan. So this is not helping us. A good day for us is when the salt trucks come around and dump a load so we can drive. Lol

It's cold in Michigan. So this is not helping us. A good day for us is when the salt trucks come around and dump a load so we can drive. Lol
Even for southern California, it's been an especially beautiful February this year......I take what I get with a smile on my face!

Jeff

The heater delete option in Michigan is your heater core blowing out to the passenger side carpet on the coldest day of the year. Lol

Dude you really need a front end Alignment. Yikes.

Yea I know... only 1 place in town that does them on these old cars (that I know of) and they are appointment only and problem is I am in school... so my days are pretty sporadic. I may try in a couple of weeks when I have spring break.

I've tried getting it as close as I can for now... it drives straight for the most part, just a little floaty to the passenger. Then my wheel is off center lol.

I fixed my floppy rearview mirror putting a piece of 3M sanding pad between the ball and the part it fits up against.

I fixed my floppy rearview mirror putting a piece of 3M sanding pad between the ball and the part it fits up against.

I just barely got mine set tight again... if I move it to see out of it differently while in the car it will loosen again. So it's set tight and I won't move it at all. Loosey goosey car...

Waiting for some dipchit off FB ad to come look at car for sale. ha
Funny how no shows can not bother to call and say NOT COMING!!!!
What are we selling? Maybe I'll come over and look at it. But I'm in Michigan. Is that far away from you?

Oh. I better leave now. If I wanna get there by Friday. Leave the porch lite on and make sure you have a full pot of coffee ready.
:steering:
what are you telling me for?
if your heading my way the coffee will still be hot by the time you get here

:poke:

Finally, some success!! I took it out on the highway for the first time in a couple months and no hesitation. In the end however, I changed so many things that I don't really know what the actual solution was. I swapped out my intake cuz it was leaking water, and oil so i suspected a vacuum leak too. I swapped out the carb base. The old one looked like fiberglass/resin but it started to get weird little waves in it. My primary strategy for the hesitation was with upgrades to my old Holley 650. upgraded accelerator squirters 27-31 up front 31-35 out back and a 50cc pump on the secondary as well and a good cleaning. I also was getting a drop in fuel pressure at WOT so I tried a couple other pumps and even poked at the cam to see if it was loose. (don't think that was the problem) I think the deletion of my see-threw fuel filter was a major improvement. Then this week my wire harness needed some clean up which resulted in more voltage to the coil.... Finally, a new tank of gas could even have helped. Today it ran like a scalded dog with hardly any leaks ya'll!! it's been a long hard slog.
DSC_0213.JPG

Last edited:
-
Back