What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Been workin on gettin one of my upper ball joints out for the last week... Tried the 4x4 spindle nut socket (got the other out withit) tried a pipe wrench, tried a crescent wrench, nothing's working... Are they both screwed in clockwise or is one counter clockwise? Once I get the BJ out I needa get my LCAs taken apart then get everything blasted, painted and ready to put back in the car!

New to this thread. Hi guys!

Today I'll try to get my passenger side strut rod out. If it works I'll go for the driver's side too. Car is parked up against the wall so that's going to be a little more tricky.

Been workin on gettin one of my upper ball joints out for the last week... Tried the 4x4 spindle nut socket (got the other out withit) tried a pipe wrench, tried a crescent wrench, nothing's working... Are they both screwed in clockwise or is one counter clockwise? Once I get the BJ out I needa get my LCAs taken apart then get everything blasted, painted and ready to put back in the car!

They make a special 3/4 drive socket for the UBJ that is helpful for removal & installation of same.

Today I will sand my 68 stocker steering wheel (bought from a member) and get it ready for coating and replacement of my broken/cracked 67 wheel the car was born with. My car will be a 4 wheel roller soon and I need to be able to steer it. :coffee2:

Not a darn thing! Watching the rain and hoping it may get enough water to grow into a Superbird.... I know, wish in one hand. Just hoping for a dry day tomorrow as I am off and have plans to refurbish the taillights. Wish me luck....

Made and fitted drive shaft loop, swapped head lights out for right hand drive ones new steering coupler fitted, resealed last bolt on left bank on headers due to coolant leak, split pins put in where missing.

No just need to find someone who can certify it so I can get it on the road here in NZ

Shoveled my way to the garage to check on my sleeping babies:banghead:

Dave,

Changing my Dacco 2400-2600 converter for FTI 3400-3600 converter. Ran into a snag though! pilot receiver hole on crank (360) is not letting converter sit. pilot nipple on converter is slightly taller and edges are sharp, unlike the one coming out which is rounded @ edges. Crank also is rounded inside. Bummer.:pale:

worked - as in at my J O B.. have the car on my desktop though, so I do think about what's next a LOT. Probably going to pop the race seats out Saturday and see what I am up against getting the nicer (softer!) seats in it..

Spring here in the land of Oz, so I went & bought a slab of beer in the 71 Dodge Demon 340 & will sit back now in my outdoor entertaining area drinking them while the sun goes down. Heaven.

Enjoy your Spring! I'm getting ready for a winter project on my car. Whatever season it is, there's always a way to enjoy a Mopar.

Checking new disc/drum MC to see why the disc chamber would not bench bleed properly. Found debris in the plunger chamber. Will put back together and bleed it again, if it works I will reinstall it on car and plumb new lines from MC to proportioning block because I dont like the way the first ones came out. Keeping my pattern of doing everything twice intact. If everything works out, bleed brakes to working condition and setting car back on ground for door/glass final allignment. Full weekend of work-------
DR:coffee2:

I started pulling the engine today in the Scamp. I was planning on pulling the engine and trans at the same time. I've spend the better half of the day fighting the combo. So I had to put it all back in place and Im going to have to separate the two. I cant get it out with the headers in the car and the only way to get the headers out is to drop them out the bottom. Well Im working off the garage floor so needless to say I cant get the car high enough to do that. Had to call it quits for the night since I was starting to get frustrated.

spent 1/2 the day cleaning the GD oil off the side, hood, windshield and engine bay of my car from yesterday's jaunt - some more time with speedy dry for the multiple oil spots on the garage floor... sat with a beer and contemplated engine removal... which I have decided I am going to do - soon.

Let's see.....on the grey 66, I changed the rims out so I could keep the extra wide steelies for my blue car!! I painted the rims grey in an attempt to have them blend with the paint better, but I'm not happy with them so they're coming back off and getting painted black!!!

On the red 66, I spent 1/2 the day fixing the trunk lid hinge, putting the headlight buckets back in, and rounded up parts to put the interior back in!! I also spent some time looking for emblems and painting a accelerator pedal assembly for another member!! Man, I need about 3 weeks off just to get caught up on my Mopar stuff!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 204
Nothing again....Lifted car cover to be sure all was ok....Wish something would get me motivated to start again..like maybe getting the Wife's kitchen done.

I pulled the OEM fan shroud off the Champion radiator and sealed up the top and bottom between the shroud and the radiator. A buddy gave me some 1" fire resistant rubber/foam. I also put a rubber flap between the front of the radiator and the support. I'm hoping this will direct the air through the radiator rather than through the top and bottom and sides.

Imagining my new to me gently used 4 core Champion aluminum radiator with shroud and electric fans nestled between a 440 and the radiator support.

Not a damn thing since it was snowing.

And 71 in Buffalo.:banghead:

Productive day today! Doug's headers installed, champion 3 core radiator and electric fan installed. I also installed mopar water pump. Can't wait to get from project to street this summer!:):burnout:

71 Duster 360..got the engine and trans back in and started connecting thing up

-
Back