What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Hey Bob.....what ever happened with your Scamp...insurance come through?

Jeff
Still on Hold.... Adjuster Just showed up were the car is. Now I'm waiting for the other insurance to call me. This should be good... These people are a bunch of azz draggers... But hay.. Maybe I can get $33,000.00 for it and walk away?... :)

Still on Hold.... Adjuster Just showed up were the car is. Now I'm waiting for the other insurance to call me. This should be good... These people are a bunch of azz draggers... But hay.. Maybe I can get $33,000.00 for it and walk away?... :)

At least replacement value!

At least replacement value!
LOL.. Rite!!! Still waiting to see... Will hope for the best... Maybe I'll get a 1970 GTX 440 4-Speed out of the deal.. My hopes are not to high, I know how these things go. Most of what was tired up in the car was the " Labor Of Love" I didnt have a lot of capital tied up in the car, Thank Goodness!! But I did have a boat load of time labor wise.
But if I see my cash back, That will be a good thing.
Car was a fun little putter.. Now if it was a finished car... I'd be throwing a friggen fit.. Like My Challenger was..
Well.. Stay tuned...

Clay barred the entire car with Griot's Garage products and then waxed it. Couldn't drive it due to inclement weather.

I really didn't work on the Duster this weekend like I hoped I would, but I did go for a drive since my son took my truck.

Here's a (very) short shot of me driving over the Vincent Thomas bridge over to San Pedro.

Today I didn't really work on the Dart, but bought parts, piston rings, a dingleball cylinder hone, and an oil pan from Summit Racing for my 5.9 swap. Also have a camshaft on the way. On the way to work this morning I stopped at the parts store and rented a harmonic balancer puller, which I will use for about 10 minutes in the morning, and then return it. Hopefully I'll have the parts by the weekend and I can get a lot done.

I know what its like trying to drive and film at the same time, its difficult at best and never turns out very good. I need a camera man, or someone to drive while I film.

Yeah, it's not easy. Then again, it's probably not something I should be doing. But...what's the worse that can happen? Oh...possibly fall into the Port of Los Angeles. LOL Yikes!

I really didn't work on the Duster this weekend like I hoped I would, but I did go for a drive since my son took my truck.

Here's a (very) short shot of me driving over the Vincent Thomas bridge over to San Pedro.

Oh Man.... Time to stop for some shrimp just over the bridge...Yuuuuumy :)

Shortened, balanced and installed my driveshaft & installed my March Saginaw power steering pump conversion brackets.

Today I wrapped my entire exhaust system with heat wrap, installed heat wrap on the mufflers and installed my stabilizer bracket on the dual exhaust. Then I installed my new fuel tank and sending unit and put ten gallons of fuel in the system. Came in tired at the end of the day.

Today, I'm expecting delivery on my next project. Sublime 67 notchback. Inspection begins. I only have 4 days then off to china for a month for work, seller gave me a picture when the truck driver had it loaded. It is coming a long way but schedule says today!
loaded.JPG

That's awesome, Jim!

The anticipation must be pretty exciting..

Specs on the notch?

360 auto, 8 3/4 , rest is unknown at this point. lot of new parts and stuff. I will go through it pretty good. I am still on the fence about the paint. :eek:

Got the new shifter installed and automatic brake pedal put in. Car wouldn't fire. Jumped the solenoid and it fired right up. Forgot to hook up the brake switch wires. Does it really cause the car to loose ignition during cranking?

Looked at my wiring diagram. Has nothing to do with the ignition. Fluke deal.

Last edited:
Pulled carburetor, trying to set transfer port synch and install a 1/2" spacer under the carburetor. Jets seem fine but I think I will set it up for the secondaries to come in a little sooner. Then I will re-tune the adjustable PCV valve and polish all the remaining bright work.

Got the new shifter installed and automatic brake pedal put in. Car wouldn't fire. Jumped the solenoid and it fired right up. Forgot to hook up the brake switch wires. Does it really cause the car to loose ignition during cranking?

Looked at my wiring diagram. Has nothing to do with the ignition. Fluke deal.

Neutral safety switch installed?

-
Back