What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Thank you!!! It took about 2-3 years of me and my dad working on it. I deff dont make it downtown as often as id like too, we were there at the end of august, did you have a car there?
No, I had my Ram SS/T there a couple years ago but I haven't got the Barracuda there yet. I have been out of state and only been to one this year.

UPDATE: WOW, Finally after years of working on this car it drives fantastic! Feels firm, and planted on the road, virtually NO body roll in the curves, (need to find a road with some tighter curves). Drove it up the canyon (hwy 7) from Lyons almost to Allenspark, just didn't want to stop driving. I would almost say it has a modern car feel, it does still have that little dead spot in the center that will probably never go away unless I install a borgeson box. But after 13 or 14 years of driving where it just felt loose and sloppy and not quite in control at all times, I now feel very confident driving it. I can see myself putting lots more miles on it now. And the new 5.9 is running so nice, I'm happy as a clam right now.
That.....is freakin awesome!
I love that feeling of a car you just want to drive...no paticulre reason...nowhere to go. ..just love driving it!

Congratulations!

Jeff

Whats going on with it? Come on you have been working on that thing forever and at some point you will drive it aswell:D
had to reorder pistons. what i thought was to be done and ru ing in a few weeks from last. turned into racing next year just like that. when i believed id be racing way back in june. to say i am pissed off is not doing my anger any mention of justice to the very high level i am containing inside currently. set back after set back delay upon delay.

Drove the Cuda to a Sonic tonight for dinner. ...
Gotta say, for a fast food kinda place - not bad!
Awesome drive and she ran like a champ!!!
Probably 7 miles there.....and 20 miles home!

Jeff

Just did a solo drive around town for about an hour. ..no reason, just love driving her!
I'm on vacation this week and want to drive her as much as possible. ..and going to the big L.A. County fair today so an early morning drive was the way to go!

I think tomorrow I'm going to try to grease my rear shackles. ...the squeak is driving me nuts!

Jeff

Washing the 69 Valiant, taking a bunch of pictures and putting it up for sale. Time to just stick to the Challenger for now.

had to reorder pistons. what i thought was to be done and ru ing in a few weeks from last. turned into racing next year just like that. when i believed id be racing way back in june. to say i am pissed off is not doing my anger any mention of justice to the very high level i am containing inside currently. set back after set back delay upon delay.
That sucks, hope things turnaround for you soon!

mine hasnt been road worth since 1981
And i thougt it was bad that my junk has been parked for probably 8-10 years i cant realy remember anymore. Come on whats another lost summer in that perspective? You will get there!

Just got a few things sold,getting me closer to being able to afford getting the rust isues sorted out,i realy hate to sell some of the stuff i sell but what point is there in having it when the car is parked? Sort of felt relief as i helped they buyer carry some of the stuff out to his car,knowing it gets me closer to the target,and today i finaly figured out exactly what it is im going for im going for making the car into what i realy wanted it to become those first summers i had it before plans deralied and things snowballed into what i have now,the whole picture just became clear today,i have had a sort of blurry idea about it before.

B7377803-3C96-49A7-AF4F-099E452CB86E.jpeg
55480B19-F40A-48A9-B530-41D721A99BB7.jpeg
Suspension mods on the dart. She’s a runner now.

Wedged Mortise and tenon joinery, glue and a couple Simpson strong ties for good measure. No motor or Front suspension it’s pretty light. Casters will support up to 700lbs.

Last edited:
I got tired of pulling the kids go kart out of the mud, so I installed a locker in it
Got the free wheeling hub off, come to find out there had allready been a "lincoln" style locker in there, someone had drilled a hole in the hub and tapped it to run a 1/4-20 bolt through the hub, through the race, and into the hollow axle
So I just drilled and tapped it for a 5/16-18 And were ready to rock again

For my next trick, I will make some wheel spacers so I can run bigger, wider tires

Took a gamble on a $50 Holley 1920 carb for the Barracuda.... Best thing I've done to it in the 3 years I've owned it. Carb came from whitepunkonnitro.

IMG_0307.JPG
Fixed an oil leak then cleaned the cement floor that the scamp pissed on.
The 29 truck still leaks but I guess it is old enough to leak and get away with it.

Had a new driveline built for my Barracuda. I did not have enough yoke insertion into the tailshaft housing and had one built by the GearVendors instructiuon book.
Changed oil in the motor and the GV unit and rechecking my pinion angle for correct. Getting the car ready for a 700 mile trip and don't want any dish from the car.

Had a new driveline built for my Barracuda. I did not have enough yoke insertion into the tailshaft housing and had one built by the GearVendors instructiuon book.
Changed oil in the motor and the GV unit and rechecking my pinion angle for correct. Getting the car ready for a 700 mile trip and don't want any dish from the car.
I run a gear vendor in my scamp and love it.
Glad to see some one driving there old car long distance I have only put about 700 miles on mine in a 1 day trip but I had a lot of fun with no problems.
Let us know how your trip goes, and a few pics would be nice if you can.

Found out why I had no start in the gray Polara.

IMG_20180910_164706.jpg

Rerouting the wires along the firewall out of the way of the headers. New starter going in for good measure.

IMG_20180910_160423.jpg

I don't want to know how fun it will be to swap starters in the Dart with headers on a big block.

-
Back