What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Looks and SOUNDS great! What is your exhaust setup? I've got a 2 1/2" X-pipe to Magnaflow 10416, and I'd like to find something a little more subdued.

Exaust is just 2.5" from fenderwell headers straight back along the rocker panel to 11" straight thu tube mufflers and turnouts.

20220305_120201.jpg

20220228_200228.jpg

And I haven't driven it to know. Too cold, snow and salt. It should be better in the car than the old system as it was turbo style ending under car at back axle, but will be louder outside. If too bad, I have the mufflers from the old system

Also, no reference noise. That doesn't help

And I haven't driven it to know. Too cold, snow and salt. It should be better in the car than the old system as it was turbo style ending under car at back axle, but will be louder outside. If too bad, I have the mufflers from the old system
Cool. Be interesting to learn how you like it on the road. Mine ends just short of the rear axle, so maybe that's a factor in my situation.

A loud exhaust is cool for about 10 minutes, then gets real old, real quick. Haha.

Cool. Be interesting to learn how you like it on the road. Mine ends just short of the rear axle, so maybe that's a factor in my situation.

A loud exhaust is cool for about 10 minutes, then gets real old, real quick. Haha.

Agreed. Mine had a bunch of drone to it but it was ok overall. I didn't like how low it was and wanted to get it out from under the car. We will see, I can't wait.

hopefully sanded my last warped chrome thermostat housing. I found a two year old post by 1badcolt and went with his housing recommendation and this gasket.

I also added some length to my header turn outs for test and tune this weekend (rained out grr)

but the biggest accomplishment was figuring out that darn turn signal switch. I couldn't get the right side to blink at all. I swapped flashers, wires, rewired all my grounds and then I finally, tossed the old switch back in. It wouldn't stay clicked in on the right side was why I went after it in the first place.
image.jpeg

turns out that I broke the new switch! One of the bolts holding the housing didn't grab and was sticking out too far and when I tightened the new switch and put everything back together that bolt crushed the top two wires and the little internal contacts. GRRR
The housing was torn up and I found some metal dust in there. I suspect it had been seated poorly for some time and it failed to seat this last time. anyway, i got both bolts to "grab" the sleeve better and installed another switch. Works fine now.... Back on the road!

Last edited:
Progress on the brakes...cleaned up, painted, new wheel cylinders, new hardware kit, new shoes...these things are a lot of work!!

Before...
20220305_114739.jpg

After...

20220313_180405.jpg

Grinding on so to speak,done some velding and grinding on the front end light brakets are in place and will start whid the sides and corners tomorow
20220315_111742.jpg

Good to see you back on here. You need to come over and help me move the table to the garage so we can bleed the brakes!!

You don't need the garage. How close is the kitchen sink to the table now? Do you have a short piece of garden hose?

-
Back