what to say to nit pickers at car shows

-
Sounds like my annual neighborhood car show...7 cars and 3 of them were black late model Corvettes. Me and the boy just cruised by real slow in the Demon and traded stares with all of them.

Yea, it's just wrong when a car show look's like the chebby dealership.:angry7:

As you drove through you should have asked "I thought there was going to be a car show" :-D

That's a fantasitc ride your Dad's got there! Absolutely awesome!

And yet, there's always some jerk-off with an opinion. Way back when my car was just (barely...)driveable a member of a club I belonged to commented that I had the wrong grain on my door panels as they were from a `69, not `68. I asked him if he noticed the 6 Bbl. and headers...

The best part? HIS `68 Barracuda has been without front side marker lights and antenna for the past 7 yrs. And he has a lovely set of shackle bars holding the sagging ***-end of his car up because his leaf springs are shot. I told him YEARS ago that he'll regret picking apart my car. He laughed at me....

I'm still waiting for the opportunity to park my car next to his. It's gonna look like a turd in a bowl of punch compared to mine. And I know he lurks on here.... I'm ready for you Pal. :thebirdm:

SANY0003-vi.jpg

That's a really beautiful car. I've not experienced anyone other than my neighbor pointing out flaws. I've learned to ignore him as he has 3 classics in his yard rotting.

I build this stuff for my own enjoyment and just to see if if can do it. I really don't give a rip what anyone else thinks of my ride.
I tell people that it looks good from their house.
great looking ride

Yeah,I get smartass remarks from a certain guy at shows!(He drives a 71 Hemi Cuda Clown)Your car was a bench seat car.And?#,s matching mean nothing to me!Go show and park your car,it might break?I drive and enjoy running the Bajeebals out of them!!LOL!

One time I was at a gas station filling up my Petty blue 70 Coronet 440, and this geezer walks up. "" I used to have one of these back in 68' mine had the D-5 Hemi with 383 wedge heads, Does yours have the 500 rpm rev limit in between each gear? I had mine up to 160 mph, How fast is yours ? I must have looked like a deer in headlights, I had absolutely no idea of how to respond to possibly the dumbest statement ever made. I just smiled & said, "yeah, they're alot of fun aren't they." and got in my car.

Had a kid at the monday night cruise walk up to our car with his little friend and said our roadrunner was a challenger. Me and my both day said roadrunner.... he looks at us and tells his friend its a challenger again. So me being the guy I am went up to him and told him its a roadrunner and pointed out the decail on the side and the badging.. and then proceeded to tell him he made himself look like an idiot and to go learn what he's talking about. lol

Another guy asked if it was a hemi when he was looking at the engine... one guy said it was a 440 too....

I don't get to many nit pickers. My car is very obviously not stock. The one question I get quite a bit is, "Is that scoop real?", my answer is, "No, it's a hologram". That usually shuts them up. Another is, "Is it for sale", my answer, "make me an offer I can't refuse".

The world is full of idiots, the trick is to avoid them.

Jack

Jack I love it! "Make me an offer I cant refuse". I get asked if mine is for sale all the time and its not even finished. Now I know what to say.:cheers: Noel

I haven't had anyone nit-picking my car, that I'm aware of, but I've only had it in three shows.

But some of the crap that comes out of people's mouths. Last weekend, my car was called a "Valiant" which happens a lot for obvious reasons, and one person even called it a '65 Duster.

Quite a few people came up to me and reminisced about having one when they were young, and how much fun they were. There was one guy telling his buddy how these cars used to scream cause they came with a 440 in them, no it was only a 383 he says, trying to sound knowledgeable. Ya, right.

I gotta get a sign made, "It's not a Valiant" :toothy10:

Like the "make me an offer I can't refuse". When we have our roadrunner at shows and people ask if my dad will sell it or if its for sale we always tell them if they come back with 100,000 bucks then they can have it next day. They never come back with the money though for some reason :p

I'm gonna have fun with those types of guys. My Duster is dark blue and will have 340 stripes by July 12th (big Mopar show). I'm gonna get a good laugh when I pop the hood and people see this....yes it's a 318, yes the engine compartment is the original gold and yes, the engine is painted very crappy (courtesy of the last owner).:-D Oh and I have cleaned the pine neetles and everything.

Picture 121.jpg

Here's one ...
Follow the guy back to his mini van and comment on how the stickers representing his wife, kids ,dog ,cat. Are on crooked LOL !

The most often asked question I get at shows or cruise-ins is: Why did you paint it THAT color? I just tell them " because I like Pond Scum."
Another frequently asked question is: Does it really have a 440 in it? This one doesn't even get a response from me. I just give them a blank stare.

The most often asked question I get at shows or cruise-ins is: Why did you paint it THAT color? I just tell them " because I like Pond Scum."
Another frequently asked question is: Does it really have a 440 in it? This one doesn't even get a response from me. I just give them a blank stare.

Possible response to the last question:
"No, it's my area code and I liked it so much I painted it on the scoop."

-
Back