Who wants a mopar turbo kit?!?!

-
Subscribed. I really like the setup. It would be a squeeze in my 65 dart but think I could get it to fit. I really hate working anywhere on the drivers side of my dart.

awesome idea and setup , like that someone is wanting to make something affordable for a mopar:blob:

The kits will include stainless hot side, stainless downpipe, turbo, cold side, blow off valve, wastegate with multiple springs, carb hat, oil feed, oil return, silicone couplers, clamps, fittings, gaskets, and all fasteners.

Intercooler kits will also be available, along with a variety of turbo options.

What you'll need is a pair of magnum truck manifolds (which can be found in the junk yard for as little as $40), a boost reference fuel pressure regulator, and a blow through carb (which can be purchased new, or easily converted from an existing one you may already have).

I will not be casting any new small block manifolds because there are in abundance. Future BB kits might be another story though. But we'll see how the SB kits go.

The kits will include stainless hot side, stainless downpipe, turbo, cold side, blow off valve, wastegate with multiple springs, carb hat, oil feed, oil return, silicone couplers, clamps, fittings, gaskets, and all fasteners.

Intercooler kits will also be available, along with a variety of turbo options.

What you'll need is a pair of magnum truck manifolds (which can be found in the junk yard for as little as $40), a boost reference fuel pressure regulator, and a blow through carb (which can be purchased new, or easily converted from an existing one you may already have).

I will not be casting any new small block manifolds because there are in abundance. Future BB kits might be another story though. But we'll see how the SB kits go.

This would be spectacular. Waiting...

So your actual manufactured parts will be the hotside pipe ,down pipe ( where will that finish ? at the trans? ) and Alternator mount. Would these be available on their own? Where will the oil return go?

So what will be in the kit? Personally I'd like to see a recast exhaust manifold with a turbo mount on it.

Bring back the 'unicorn' RV turbo manifold! Just a ribbed passenger side 360 with a T4 mount coming out of the top, tie the bottom over to the driver side under the pan, wrap it so it doesn't cook your oil. Nice and clan and it puts the turbo in a Good spot.

Correct... I will manufacture hot sides, down pipes, and any other brackets needed to use in the kit. Turbo's, Wastegates, Blow off Valves, oil feed lines, fittings, oil return lines, gaskets, and anything else needed to make this work will all be spec'd by me appropriately ; coming from an existing high volume production supplier to keep costs as low as possible.

Correct, it will finish at the trans. Ready to run for open exhaust, or user can add mufflers/exhaust system if they choose to.

Oil return will go to the fuel pump block off plate so no oil pan modifications (or removal) will be required. The only caveat to that is if you have a magnum timing chain cover as they don't have a fuel pump provision to do so.

I have not decided if the components alone will be available or not. Just depends on how much demand there is for them, and what the market will bear on price. I can appreciate that some guys would like to bolt on used turbo's, so it may be a possibility.

But that being said, I can tell you that those components are by FAR the most expensive part of the system. Also, I have wholesale pricing on the turbo's and other components, so there might not be as much advantage to buying them separate as you'd think. We'll see...

I'd like to see that too, a cast manifold with a mount on it.

If I knew I could sell a substantial amount of these, I'd do it in a heartbeat. ..but the investment cost on something like that would be a tough pill to swallow for anyone.

I'm interested to know what you guys think you would get out of that vs. a set of stainless pipes holding the turbo in the same spot? Aside from a much more expensive kit to cover the casting tooling bill...lol

Man I would love this kit especially for a big block if it ever happens
Would there be room for a small a/c compressor or power steering pump under the alternator mount?

It should fit ac...but the magnum manifold hits the a body power steering box.

On one of my small blocks I'm going with custom headers because of the brodix heads so is the power steering the only issue on why your using the manifolds?
Also a bb setup would b a for sure deal for me since no power steering or anything else in the way and planning on 85 on that.
Sounds exciting keep us posted.

Cast 'unicorn' manifold is just a more simple setup. If you could find who cast those back in the 80's and ramp production back up, that would be the cheapest as a casting is less expensive than a stainless header, generates less heat (less surface area) and is rugged as hell. Also stronger to hold that honkin hair dryer. But a new casting is your call. I know the capital outlay on a new casting is bucks. Stainless U-tubes feeding a twin scroll turbo would make a nice pedestal too.

Sorry to clarify, these are magnum manifolds, but they fit all LA heads.

Everything going as planned. I just about have the final working mock up done. Looks like I found a way around the power steering issue too!

FYI...I will be dynoing the small turbo on a dead stock junk yard 318" in the spring to show you guys what it can do on a shoestring budget.

I will also dynoing a big turbo "kit" on my own 360" with cam/heads to show what it can do with a decent motor.

Just trying to work the bugs out now to see if I can make these fit F-body cars. A, B, and E will be no problem.

Everything going as planned. I just about have the final working mock up done. Looks like I found a way around the power steering issue too! FYI...I will be dynoing the small turbo on a dead stock junk yard 318" in the spring to show you guys what it can do on a shoestring budget. I will also dynoing a big turbo "kit" on my own 360" with cam/heads to show what it can do with a decent motor. Just trying to work the bugs out now to see if I can make these fit F-body cars. A, B, and E will be no problem.

Pm coming

I may be interested on a small turbo kit to use on a 4x4 truck for towing.

...exactly...I want to see where this rabbit hole goes, but only as a spectator for now.

I REALLY want to share pics, but I know better because things are still changing to accommodate different body types, fine tuning routing, etc... won't be long though.

Those in the know who have seen it are VERY impressed with the engineering behind it. If I was building a one off, I would have been done weeks ago. But there are lots of little challenges to think about... for example.

There are 4 possible lower radiator hose inlets. (Driver, pass, wide core, narrow core)

Stock fans vs electric each have packaging challenges.

How about stock Trans lines into the rad?

How do you support a 40lb chunk of turbo hanging out in the engine bay well, yet still give it flexibility to accommodate pipe bending and welding production tolerances?

Etc.... just trying to nail down as much of this in the initial design as I can before releasing these.

Like I said, doing one is easy...making them work on MANY cars is tougher.

-
Back