12:05 Garage- ’70 Duster build

-
So with this more aggressive alignment, you can't induce understeer if you drive too deep into a corner? If so, is it neutral (All four drift), oversteer (rears drift), or snap oversteer? You have my attention :lol:

Here's the course map. I'd say the second big turn on the top right, it was very neutral, but no 4 wheel drift because speed wasn't high enough. The long sweeper around station 2 I could have definitely done some drifting there, but still very controllable. The last big sweeper had some speed coming into it where I would have had some understeer problems in the past. I was able to get through cleanly and very predictable and no understeer. That last cone before the finish above station 3 was interesting. It was a high speed switch and easy to misjudge because that's where you hammer down to go through the clocks. Too early, and I spin. I really need more seat time with various course setups, but I'm finally to the point where I don't want to change anything.

1725907078132.png

When I have some time, I'll provide an update on my weekend at Moparty. For now, a couple highlights. The only tool that touched the car all weekend was a torque wrench to check lug nuts. I got 17 autocross runs, 3 drag passes that were hot laps, and 18 3S runs. I'd say I put this thing through it's paces. My front tires may be in the shape of an octagon now after the 3S. And the information many people have been curious about, including myself, 1/4 mile mph. As you know, MPH is related to the engine HP and using the weight of the car the HP can be calculated. This stock rotating assembly non-VVT 5.7, with some hand ported heads and a cam went 113MPH! This was also bouncing it off the limiter in every gear because I'm not used to the low 6500RPM limit I have on it. I bet it would keep pulling if I let it. For now, I'd like to keep those stock internals where they belong. For reference, my solid roller cam, aluminum head 408 went 111MPH. So I can finally say, yes, the hemi makes more power than the 408!

Last edited:
-
Back