-
Original vs. Current Build
CAR: Plymouth Barracuda 2 Door Hardtop
ENGINE: 318cid 2-bbl V8 - 440cid EFI 6bbl V8
TRANSMISSION: 3-Speed Automatic- 6-Speed Manual
TIRES: Unknown tire code - Front 255/40-18; Rear 295/40-18
BUILD DATE: May 17.
AXLE: 2.76 Rear Axle Ratio - 3.90 Rear Axle Ratio
INTERIOR: High Trim Grade, Vinyl Bucket Seats. Black Interior.
PAINT: Monotone Racing Green Metallic Paint.
OTHER: Black Upper Door Frame Color.

MOLDINGS:
25: Drip Rail Mouldings
78: Wheel Lip Mouldings - None
ABC OPTIONS:
R1: AM Radio - AM/FM/AUX input
W9: Unknown Option- Power Steering, AC, Tinted Windows
abc OPTIONS:
a6: Console
b4: Bucket Seats
m6: Driver's Outside Remote Operated Mirror - Driver and Passenger Side Manual Mirrors
w6: Build to Spec's for Canada - Build to Spec's for Texas

Installed the trunk trim, cleaned up a few parts today. Need to loosen the passenger side tail light, see if I can rotate it a little.

Attachments

• Tail Panel.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 1,084
Nice build.

Don't you hate how the tail panels don't line up with the tail light bezels worth a damn. I am working on mine as we speak and I decided I have to drill out my tail panel holes so I can get a bit more room to move things around and get them to line up better. It still wont be perfect but that's Mopar for ya.

Nice build.

Don't you hate how the tail panels don't line up with the tail light bezels worth a damn. I am working on mine as we speak and I decided I have to drill out my tail panel holes so I can get a bit more room to move things around and get them to line up better. It still wont be perfect but that's Mopar for ya.

In the same boat...... Hate to but really want the alignment better..

Any updates Michael? I wouldn't think things like Texas heat would keep you from making progress. 😎

Any updates Michael? I wouldn't think things like Texas heat would keep you from making progress. ��

It does slow things down a little. But that is not the biggest thing. Out of town visitors and a trip to Arkansas pretty much soaked up the month of July, but, that wasn't the biggest thing either... work has been very busy and wearing me out. Not sure any of that set me back as much as a few pieces of aluminum.

Ordered a set of cylinder heads on June 24th. The foundry in San Jacinto, California just finished the run and the machine work this week, they are now ready for packaging and should be at the machine shop in Lansing, Michigan by the end of next week. Then they will disassemble them, do a little magic, check everything, then re-assemble and ship to here in Texas. I guess they will have a little mileage on them. Machine shop may be a few weeks, depends on how backed up they are.

Wiring harness is on the way. The K-frame is on its way to Vancouver, Washington (that is about 30 miles from Dana Price's house). I should have the K-frame and torsion bars here about the same time the cylinder heads show up.

Still have a few more parts to order, but have plenty of work that needs to be done first.

Got a 1hp buffer with 10" wheels about a week ago, need to mount the stand to the floor and get started on polishing the vent window frame and window stainless pieces. While I am waiting for the heads and the suspension I want to go ahead and get the six pieces of side glass and all the weather-stripping done. Then I can start on wiring and all the other interior stuff.

I have done a few small things and received a few parts. All the exterior emblems and such are installed. I will wait on the passenger mirror and do it after I install the drivers seat. The wiring harness and keyless ignition are on the way. I have all the weather stripping and bumpers now. My EFI computer arrived and my crank trigger. A few random pictures attached. I will get the tail light and trunk trim aligned better once I get the trunk seal installed and settled.

Attachments

• decklid.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 943
  • fender.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 925
  • garage-small-1.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 937
  • Grill.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 922
  • Balancer.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 942
  • Computer.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 949
I bought a 1hp buffer from Eastwood w/ 10" buffing wheels. So far I like it. A bit of work and a lot of time. Here is a picture of my first piece done compared to a piece I have not touched yet from the other side of the car, before I started they were pretty much the same. Still a few small scratches and nicks, not perfect but I am happy with it. Car is meant to be a super clean driver, I do not intend to compete for a concours award.

Attachments

• Rear Side Trim - Outside.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 821
  • Rear Side Trim - Inside.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 808
Looking good, mini nats next year?

Things are starting to converge. Next month a lot of the parts and other items I have been waiting for will be arriving. Wiring harness showed up yesterday, EFI system is all here. Wiper motor next week. Heads next month, front suspension next month. Very few parts left for me to still get, most of them are off the shelf and can arrive in a few days time once ordered. Better that they sit on a shelf somewhere else since I can't install them yet.

Maybe in Dallas Autorama and Goodguys next spring. Want to do a few events next summer. We will see.

Looking good, mini nats next year?
Craig - it was good to have you over last weekend and see the car in person. Pictures are not enough sometimes.

Wiper motor next week.
Still waiting, I think it will ship soon, I told Kim no particular rush on it. As soon as it arrives I will install the wiper, the pivots and the linkage. That is the only thing I have left before I can hang the AC box and start laying out the underdash electronics and the harness.

Heads next month
Need to call tomorrow and see what is going on, have not heard back in about a month now.

front suspension next month
Front suspension should be about two weeks out.

My keyless entry and pushbutton ignition system showed up, that is going to be interesting.

Did a little clean up in the garage today. Also stripped, primed and painted the rear bumper brackets today also. My license plate light bracket was bent and missing the lens. Straightened the bracket and put a new lens on it. My car has never had a lens since I have owned it. One little thing at a time, I guess eventually it gets done that way.

Attachments

• RR Bumper Bracket Before.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 745
  • RR Bumper Bracket Primed.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 741
  • RR Bumper Bracket Painted.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 734
  • LPL straightened.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 754
Front suspension shipped today! Earlier than I expected!

Polished the stainless bumper bolts to match the chrome. Mounted the rear bumper brackets and installed the rear bumper on the car.

Attachments

• Rear Bumper 2.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 721
  • Rear Bumper 1.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 743
Came home to boxes on the porch! I love boxes on the porch! Kids had to wait for dad to unpack boxes before they could go eat dinner.

My K-frame has returned from Washington. Some T-bars and a few other parts came with it. Those T-bars do not neck down much! 1.12"!!!

Attachments

• T-Bar-02.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 683
  • T-Bar-01.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 680
  • Pitman support.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 687
  • K04.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 691
  • K03.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 680
  • K02.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 700
  • K01.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 693
  • Idler.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 690
Cylinder heads found their way to the machine shop this week... only took 14 weeks to get from California to Michigan. More new parts showing up... new strut rod (gold, foreground) is slightly beefier than the stock bent one on the floor below it.

Attachments

• DSC05492.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 569
Wiper motor showed up today. Rebuilt core from Passion 4 Mopars. Thanks Kim!

Pictures attached are from the core I sent in and the part I received back.

Attachments

• 2889 982 Core.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 554
  • 2889 982 Rebuilt.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 549
-
Back