67 dart stroker hellcat gen3 hemi with twin turbos...

-
got some alum tape to wrap it up a hundred times. hoping that will take care of it all. we shall see.

coil wires all wrapped up. crank sensor wiring also wrapped. hope this takes care of it all. left the sparkplug wires dangling. see if those possibly still the issue or not..testing will tell perhaps?

good luck, my fingers are crossed for you.

Last edited:
Have still been following along. I totally agree with what others have said. Keep on keepin on, man! Rooting for ya! That thing is so bad ***!

Got to meet you last year Blue Springs cruise night. I had that gold Scamp. Was wondering what ended up happening to this thing. Man I’m so hoping you can get it dialed in. It’s such an awesome build. So unique and built to boogie. Good luck man. Like the others, pulling for you.

still lots of trouble after tonights tnt. it is really getting worse. so out with the main harness for the holley and replacing with a new one. took the hood off tonight already to get to working on it this weekend or the evenings till i get it swapped out. so so so frustrating to deal with this crap. if the new harness cures my issues ill be truly surprised but others said it was their issue as well. so im optomistic and doubtful all wrapped into a ball of b.s. lol

Got to meet you last year Blue Springs cruise night. I had that gold Scamp. Was wondering what ended up happening to this thing. Man I’m so hoping you can get it dialed in. It’s such an awesome build. So unique and built to boogie. Good luck man. Like the others, pulling for you.
with the stuck e brake right? good to meet you as well. my memory is soo bad but i remember cars. lol

still lots of trouble after tonights tnt. it is really getting worse. so out with the main harness for the holley and replacing with a new one. took the hood off tonight already to get to working on it this weekend or the evenings till i get it swapped out. so so so frustrating to deal with this crap. if the new harness cures my issues ill be truly surprised but others said it was their issue as well. so im optomistic and doubtful all wrapped into a ball of b.s. lol
That sucks to hear. Hoping for the best!

Sorry man. That truly sucks. Lots of difficulty in this build. When it gets dialed in it’ll be nuts!

with the stuck e brake right? good to meet you as well. my memory is soo bad but i remember cars. lol

Lol that was me. It ended up sticking again on the highway on a 4 hour trip. Ruined the rear drums. Ended up doing a rear end swap because of it lol.

@turbofreek while you are replacing the harness you might consider moving to Hall effect cam and crank sensors. Emi will never be a problem again.

@turbofreek while you are replacing the harness you might consider moving to Hall effect cam and crank sensors. Emi will never be a problem again.
cant. they are in the stock locations. nothing movable. ive currently moved the wiring to them all over with no successful results. my ignition coils are a good chance to be the culprit. ill move them after if this dont fix all this as well. after that if still the same. the g3 will go f itself somewhere else and ill back to do a g2 hemi and 88s.

cant. they are in the stock locations. nothing movable. ive currently moved the wiring to them all over with no successful results. my ignition coils are a good chance to be the culprit. ill move them after if this dont fix all this as well. after that if still the same. the g3 will go f itself somewhere else and ill back to do a g2 hemi and 88s.
Who is tuning it? And what are your current cam and crank filtering settings?

Who is tuning it? And what are your current cam and crank filtering settings?
whatever holley has them set at. it isnt tune related if thats what your getting at. its been looked over by a few highly respected tuners. we know its electrical cuz it has made clean hits but very inconsistantly. holley sent me a complete main harness for free under warranty 10yrs after purchase date. that tells me they had issues with them and knew it. 2 other ge holley guys ive talked to had harness issues and similar or nearly identical troubles as me. the harness fixed it to never see it again. so im counting on this to be the same. as my harness was a very very early setup up when g3 first became available.
hoods off and harness is almost fully removed for the new to go in.

20210624_204726.jpg

whatever holley has them set at. it isnt tune related if thats what your getting at. its been looked over by a few highly respected tuners. we know its electrical cuz it has made clean hits but very inconsistantly. holley sent me a complete main harness for free under warranty 10yrs after purchase date. that tells me they had issues with them and knew it. 2 other ge holley guys ive talked to had harness issues and similar or nearly identical troubles as me. the harness fixed it to never see it again. so im counting on this to be the same. as my harness was a very very early setup up when g3 first became available.
hoods off and harness is almost fully removed for the new to go in.

View attachment 1715755979
I’m not really trying to “get at” anything. I just don’t like to assume. I know on a few different vehicles I’ve tuned, same sensors, same harness, the sensors (cam/crank) liked different filter settings. I attribute this to ancillary items installed after the fact; IE, plug wires, battery cables, coil wiring. Like I said RFI can screw with your head a bunch. It has mine in the past that’s for sure. And if you mentioned filter settings to your tuner you might could try a few different things and narrow down the exact problem.

I’m not really trying to “get at” anything. I just don’t like to assume. I know on a few different vehicles I’ve tuned, same sensors, same harness, the sensors (cam/crank) liked different filter settings. I attribute this to ancillary items installed after the fact; IE, plug wires, battery cables, coil wiring. Like I said RFI can screw with your head a bunch. It has mine in the past that’s for sure. And if you mentioned filter settings to your tuner you might could try a few different things and narrow down the exact problem.
been through a bunch of sensors and the errors just show stall or sync error. data log or system log is unhelpful besides showing it goes crazy. doesnt show any other errors. going to try this new main harness again. it has thicker wires and more protection around the sensitive ones. the big difference is i have my ignition coils mounted much differently and very close to my crank sensor. that which nobody else has done before. im considering smart coils,or single plug instead of the dual.
tune has been looked over and anal probed to no avail. ill get it figured out quickly. one way or another. 12yrs ive not given up yet. dont intend to quit at this point. just a little venting is all ive been doing lately. tryin to build myself up to bust its *** more.

Interesting, you mentioned "smart coils". I found Honda uses 3 wire coils, where 1 is B+, 1 is GND, and the 3rd is a 5-volt active-high signal wire. The beauty of them is you don't have that RFI/EMF noise in your signal wire.

Interesting, you mentioned "smart coils". I found Honda uses 3 wire coils, where 1 is B+, 1 is GND, and the 3rd is a 5-volt active-high signal wire. The beauty of them is you don't have that RFI/EMF noise in your signal wire.
99% of most coils are not powerful enough to fire 1300+whp on ethonal/methonal

been through a bunch of sensors and the errors just show stall or sync error. data log or system log is unhelpful besides showing it goes crazy. doesnt show any other errors. going to try this new main harness again. it has thicker wires and more protection around the sensitive ones. the big difference is i have my ignition coils mounted much differently and very close to my crank sensor. that which nobody else has done before. im considering smart coils,or single plug instead of the dual.
tune has been looked over and anal probed to no avail. ill get it figured out quickly. one way or another. 12yrs ive not given up yet. dont intend to quit at this point. just a little venting is all ive been doing lately. tryin to build myself up to bust its *** more.
Good. I’m glad you’re still motivated.
I have a turbocharged Honda J35 in my falcon. The 3 wire smart coils are awesome and very easy to deal with. Mine made 630hp on low boost (14psi) on 91 octane and this exact same combo in a friends car makes 1029hp on e85. I have not found the limit of them yet.
3FCFCFE5-74A0-441B-9BE0-F25B99B800BE.jpeg

Good. I’m glad you’re still motivated.

I have a turbocharged Honda J35 in my falcon. The 3 wire smart coils are awesome and very easy to deal with. Mine made 630hp on low boost (14psi) on 91 octane and this exact same combo in a friends car makes 1029hp on e85. I have not found the limit of them yet.
View attachment 1715756338
dayum. show me the coils already, haha. im always listening.

fyi i am currently stuck under my dash. harness almost fully removed with new on stand by for install. i cant quite get the last ziptie removed to drop it from under my dash.

i have the best kids ever. they cant help me out of the car but can make me smile and cool off...with a good ol fation bomb pop

20210626_140225.jpg

They are very specific to the engine design. Kind of a semi hemi. I have no idea if they could be adapted to a g3 but someone out there has to make a smart coil that would work for one. I’ll see if I can go pull one. It’ll be easy cause the engine is out of the car right now.
dayum. show me the coils already, haha. im always listening.

They are very specific to the engine design. Kind of a semi hemi. I have no idea if they could be adapted to a g3 but someone out there has to make a smart coil that would work for one. I’ll see if I can go pull one. It’ll be easy cause the engine is out of the car right now.
yea holley uses the same coils as megasquirt diyefi site offers with a markup of course. its only 800ish bucks to change to em plus harness change. hopefully ill know how yhis goes before sun goes down today. fingers crossed as i need to swap pigtails for a few sensors.

I burned up a few of these tuning this engine trying to narrow down the dwell time. They are very picky with dwell. But one trip to the pick a part and I had a handful of them for $30. Can’t beat that price.

-
Back