73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
Now that I have a deadline to get to paint I made my 73' fenders into 70'-72' fenders by adding the tabs to bolt the hood latch support to. then test fit the grille and discovered that my Transmission cooler hits the grille and the turn signal sockets will need a relief hole in my cutom made panel so the wiring pigtail will have somewhere to go, that all will have to get changed before the 2 week deadline. I noticed after blasting the hood that there were holes in it, after cutting out the first layer I realized the inner panel was shot to, so theres more work to get done....damn deadlines.

Attachments

• duster 011.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 1,240
  • duster 015.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 1,269
  • duster 014.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 1,232
  • duster 013.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 1,267
  • duster 020.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 1,240
  • duster 018.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 1,265
  • duster 012.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 1,234
  • duster 017.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 1,264
Denny, You better have Ross run that thing across the scales before racing him.

Looks like he may have found the ultimate unfair advantage!

RossRust.jpg

Started repairing the hood rust so I can put it back to stock weight....Marks hood (actually it was my hood before that) is no longer a lightweight. Went and picked up my K frame, Thanks Denny. And finished Welding up the "New" Cowl vent.......Paint dead line's approaching fast.

Attachments

• duster 016.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 1,151
  • duster 013.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 1,161
  • duster 015.JPG
    153.9 KB · Views: 1,176
was wonderin if ya got it....but then I'll bet Wednesday couldn't come quick enough.

Did I forget anything?

was wonderin if ya got it....but then I'll bet Wednesday couldn't come quick enough.

Did I forget anything?

No, it all looks to be there. Thanks again...I'll guess I'll bring your Hammer to the Nats. So just so were clear....with your upper shock mount, I dont need forward strut bars for support ?

did you send the instructions?

Your Red part is due to arrive Tomorrow, I'll just bring it along with Denny's hammer if that's OK. Once you see what I'm using the template for, you might change your mind on using the stock one.....I think it's gonna be sweet

Your Red part is due to arrive Tomorrow, I'll just bring it along with Denny's hammer if that's OK. Once you see what I'm using the template for, you might change your mind on using the stock one.....I think it's gonna be sweet

Well then, just make 2!

Today I finished up the hood issues...no more rust. I moved the Transmission cooler over so it clears the "New" Sharktooth grille by 1/2" now but I have to make room for the Marker light sockets. I also got started on the latest one off part that I'm keeping under wraps for now...HemiMark knows but I know he can keep a secret.

Attachments

• duster 023.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 1,144
  • duster 022.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 1,149
  • duster 020.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 1,137
  • duster 019.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 1,151
Ross, good to see your so close to paint. But if it's going to be gone for 4 or 5 months what are we going to do? There are going to be some serious withdrawal issues. I think I'll get a shrink lined up now.:coffee2:

Ross, good to see your so close to paint. But if it's going to be gone for 4 or 5 months what are we going to do? There are going to be some serious withdrawal issues. I think I'll get a shrink lined up now.:coffee2:

If he goes through withdrawal, he can drive to NY and work on a Dart.

Well I have a 6 week Military commitment starting in mid September,so there goes some time and there several sub assembly's to put together and build the dash, I have some custom plans for that.....so I don't think I will have "lots" of free time. But thanks for all the offers.

Okay due to Military obligations and the Mopar Nat's, I managed to squeeze a few more weeks before it goes to paint to make some minor improvements. The new ship date is August 18th....for sure. I managed to reconfigure the transmission lines with some -6 AN bulkhead fitting (there used to be a oval slot there), started fitting my New Denny parts and reworked my custom brake pedal to match the Lokar throttle cable....it's made from 6061 Billet Aluminum, of course I have a feeling both are going to get powdercoated and will look like a matched set.

Attachments

• duster 048.JPG
    141.4 KB · Views: 1,134
  • duster 047.JPG
    180.7 KB · Views: 1,114
  • duster 019.JPG
    162.1 KB · Views: 1,142
  • duster 018.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 1,139
  • duster 016.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 1,137
  • duster 051.JPG
    149.8 KB · Views: 1,154
  • duster 021.JPG
    188.4 KB · Views: 1,148
  • duster 050.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 1,144
Just went through this entire thread slow day at work awesome build you got some mad skills keep up the good work.

that is gonna be one killer A,,,, did i miss where that K frame came from ?? or is it the one off secret ??

that is gonna be one killer A,,,, did i miss where that K frame came from ?? or is it the one off secret ??

No secret on this one...It came from Hemi Denny. It's a hell of a nice system and doesn't cost nearly as much as the other mopar systems out there.

-
Back