73 Duster build named Fred

-
Hopefully a 9 second street car.

Registered, tagged and insured for the street but will probably never be driven on the street. lol
9 second street car....damn, so if you come back out to renegade you'll be bringing a semi trailer I bet with the demon, duster and trx

Hopefully a 9 second street car.

Registered, tagged and insured for the street but will probably never be driven on the street. lol
As long as it’s capable.! That’s the key. Be it exercised or not is nether here or there but held in reserve for just incase.

As long as it’s capable.! That’s the key. Be it exercised or not is nether here or there but held in reserve for just incase.
I got a 200 shot in reserve just in case.... LOL

The plan is to get the car to run 9's, but I will be bracket racing the car in the low to mid 10 sec range.

I got a 200 shot in reserve just in case.... LOL

The plan is to get the car to run 9's, but I will be bracket racing the car in the low to mid 10 sec range.
That’s my ‘71 Duster’s build goal. Once you’re in the 9’s, things change and the first is a parachute and Mo-Money, Mo-money …
I’d like to do it without the N02.

That’s my ‘71 Duster’s build goal. Once you’re in the 9’s, things change and the first is a parachute and Mo-Money, Mo-money …
I’d like to do it without the N02.
The 200 shot is just insurance. The car is being built to run 9’s so I’ll probably never use it.

Made more progress on Fred today. Got the electronics mounted up (forgot to take a pic of the final install) and engine fired up for the first time. Crazy how it started right up and even idled on its own first try! Need to finish wiring up cooling system (fans and water pump) before I can run it longer but at least I know I am one step closer.

70 psi oil pressure is what I saw on the gauge before I shut it off.

tempImageqcKsM5.png

tempImageCwzToO.png

First fire ups are the best! Not many things as exciting to me. Sounds great. Keep up the good work. Excellent build thread.

This all billet 4150 carb from Dominic at Thumper Carburetors is freakin amazing. Built and tuned for my combo, it's damn near perfect out of the box!

Last edited:
This all billet 4150 carb from Dominic at Thumper Carburetors is freakin amazing. Built and tuned for my combo, it's damn near perfect out of the box!

Well hell yeah bill, that sounds very nice.

ARC 6001Z. It has most of the features I want already built in, even more than the other switch panels on the market.

NEW! ARC-6001Z - Auto Rod Corporation
Thanks! That looks like a great setup. I really like the ribbon for the switch panel. Pretty much plug and play. I wonder if they make something that's a little more street oriented like the street strip Leash board.

Thanks! That looks like a great setup. I really like the ribbon for the switch panel. Pretty much plug and play. I wonder if they make something that's a little more street oriented like the street strip Leash board.
Everything they make is on their website and if you call them, you actually talk to the owner who is extremely helpful.

Lead69 has one too, it's got purple metering blocks.....I love it.

Lead69 has one too, it's got purple metering blocks.....I love it.
I think Dominic’s go to color is purple. I chose the black and polished to match the theme of the rest of the engine. I stopped at the color of the block and went with the correct orange so Ma Mopar’s cronies don’t attack me…. lol

I think Dominic’s go to color is purple. I chose the black and polished to match the theme of the rest of the engine. I stopped at the color of the block and went with the correct orange so Ma Mopar’s cronies don’t attack me…. lol
Yeah I am the same. I love purple but it doesn't match much so black and polished it is

Yeah I am the same. I love purple but it doesn't match much so black and polished it is
We have too many similarities going on…. I’m starting to get worried. :lol:
By the way, Adrian was one of the guys that convinced me to go with Dominic.

Finally got all of the under hood, dash and rear half of the car wiring done. Only thing left to do is eliminate 75% of the main harness and wire up the lights up front and I’m done with the electrical. I might stay home tomorrow and finish it up so this weekend will be topping off coolant and trans fluid, then running the engine up to temp and setting timing. That would have been enough to take it for a drive except I decided to order another spooled dropout with 4.30 gears and gun drilled 40 spline axles so the rear ended is apart. Maybe I’ll get lucky and the new parts will show up tomorrow…. lol
IMG_1690.jpeg

IMG_1692.jpeg

IMG_1694.jpeg

-
Back