73 Duster build named Fred

-
Hmm, that's interesting
Seems like the QA1 k- member and control arms don’t have the exact same geometry and what they replaced. Just need to crank up the torsion bars a bit more to get the ride height where I want.

As much as I like the looks, ride height needs to go higher…. lol
IMG_1851.jpeg

Finally got it out but not before the rain started up again so no smokey burnouts.

Freaking awesome lol, I love the giggles from your buddy and the stance looks great, is that where you want it or still higher

Last edited:
Glad you got it back together so quick. As far as the smokey burnout's, just go first to second and then bury the pedal and it will do a very nice rolling burnout.

You guys make me sick. I’m sitting here gimped up like a 91 years old man and can’t even walk down to my shop. Day 6 of not being able to do she-it!!! I hope I get the race car unloaded before the snow moves in again

You guys make me sick. I’m sitting here gimped up like a 91 years old man and can’t even walk down to my shop. Day 6 of not being able to do she-it!!! I hope I get the race car unloaded before the snow moves in again
Are you going to get better?

No improvement yet. They say it takes weeks to get over a torn muscle but I see my knee doctor for two cortisone shots on the 20th so hopefully he can tell me more. Gonna be another long week.
That sucks, hopefully you can get some relief before the cortisone.

Freaking awesome lol, I love the giggles from your buddy and the stance looks great, is that where you want it or still higher
lol, he’s a good dude.

I think I’m going to raise it another couple of turns (1/2-3/4”) and lower the back an inch.

IMG_1857.jpeg

Glad you got it back together so quick. As far as the smokey burnout's, just go first to second and then bury the pedal and it will do a very nice rolling burnout.
I did that once but with the ground being wet, it didn’t have the same effect. Also did a little blip/spun tire in 2nd gear in my driveway when I came back. lol

Last edited:
Wtf, your not done with the body and paint yet
:lol:

I sent the elves your way so the body and paint will have to wait.

Plus, got the steering column from twisted metal today. It’s a nice piece for the price. I’m going to order a steering wheel and install it this week. I’ll get some pictures of it tomorrow for you.

:lol:

I sent the elves your way so the body and paint will have to wait.

Plus, got the steering column from twisted metal today. It’s a nice piece for the price. I’m going to order a steering wheel and install it this week. I’ll get some pictures of it tomorrow for you.
Awesome, thanks.

Bill, I only need the elves on the weekends since that's the only time I get to play, there on the way back to your house

Got the Twisted Metal column and Joe’s Racing aluminum quick disconnect/steering wheel installed. I ended up shortening the column by 4” to put the wheel right where I wanted it. I probably could have used a different disconnect but I like how it ended up. All in all, it’s an extremely light setup weighing just at 11 pounds including the disconnect and steering wheel

Nice product but if I wasn’t lazy, I could have made my own but it’s in and done so that’s all that matters. lol

IMG_1866.jpeg

IMG_1867.jpeg

If I had the time and money I would put a new column in my black duster. My son says it’s like driving a bus. But he must like being a bus driver. Lol

Got the Twisted Metal column and Joe’s Racing aluminum quick disconnect/steering wheel installed. I ended up shortening the column by 4” to put the wheel right where I wanted it. I probably could have used a different disconnect but I like how it ended up. All in all, it’s an extremely light setup weighing just at 11 pounds including the disconnect and steering wheel

Nice product but if I wasn’t lazy, I could have made my own but it’s in and done so that’s all that matters. lol

View attachment 1716166999

View attachment 1716167000
****, you...lazy ??? LMFAO.
That looks good, I probably will get one of those.
I'm having to fabricate almost everything on my car. Getting 1 thing that's easy won't hurt my feelings.
Is the quick disconnect 5 bolt??
Do you like the steering wheel also ??

If I had the time and money I would put a new column in my black duster. My son says it’s like driving a bus. But he must like being a bus driver. Lol
That should be easy to drive, the front wheels are off the ground.
By the way, I hope you have some relief from pain.

-
Back