73 Duster build named Fred

-
UPS dropped off a few boxes today. I went straight for the QA1 stuff as I wanted to get them installed tonight which I did but there were a couple of boxes I hadn’t opened yet and one was from Harland Sharp. Unbelievable the customer service I received from them. Even though the damage to the rockers wasn’t their fault, they came through just like they said they would and sent a whole side, free of charge. I asked for expedited shipping which I paid for but otherwise, this is what they sent!

View attachment 1716164673
****, that's a great company

I think Bill has some secret Elf workers that appear when he is working on his duster. Lol
Next, I call dibs on the elves I'm going to need to borrow them next week if it even takes that long to have Fred completely done lol.
**** he'll be done by tommorow

Next, I call dibs on the elves I'm going to need to borrow them next week if it even takes that long to have Fred completely done lol.
**** he'll be done by tommorow
I’m putting the engine back together tomorrow and I’ll get Fred running on Saturday.

:thumbsup:

Got it back together last night and plan to have it in the car and running today..

IMG_1840.jpeg

IMG_1842.jpeg

Is there anything you do that you don't do quickly???? (Including your et's!!!) I've never seen anyone git-r-done like you do!!!
lol, thanks. I normally don’t mess around when doing something I’m passionate about. I’ve been wanting to get this build done for a while and as much as I love having friends come over to help, I can get more done when I’m in the shop alone.

I work full time (6am-3pm) during the week and try to give myself 2-3 hours of shop time when I get home.

Weekends are a little different though. I juggle shop time with time working on the honey do list my wife has for me or time with my grandson when possible.

Of course it wasn’t always like this for me though. Now that the kids are grown and the wife has her hobbies, I find that I have more time on my hands now.

lol, thanks. I normally don’t mess around when doing something I’m passionate about. I’ve been wanting to get this build done for a while and as much as I love having friends come over to help, I can get more done when I’m in the shop alone.

I work full time (6am-3pm) during the week and try to give myself 2-3 hours of shop time when I get home.

Weekends are a little different though. I juggle shop time with time working on the honey do list my wife has for me or time with my grandson when possible.

Of course it wasn’t always like this for me though. Now that the kids are grown and the wife has her hobbies, I find that I have more time on my hands now.
Ahh, that's what I need to do. Switch my hours at work. My wife needs a hobby too. I could probably take my dogs out in the garage with me now and she would get a break from being pet mom

Whenever you want to turn that trickflow into a dominator flange send it down.
I'm going to give it a try out of the box. Measured, marked and lined up all the ports and it's almost perfect to the Trick Flow heads. Lines up better than the Victor340 did. The oversized holes makes it tricky if you don't know how to take advantage of them and I think I got it lined up perfect.

Good to know for the future though when I go bigger! :p

Little bit of a late start this morning but I’m back after it. Got everything buttoned up and the engine is ready to go back in the car.

IMG_1846.jpeg

I figured it would.

Makes it nice for the assembler but not for the guy doing the porting. The builder can dry assemble it on the engine and determine the best location then mark it. Lift it off and apply your sealer. The porter can’t do that. I think it’s an idiotic move to slot every hole on any intake unless it’s necessary.

Last edited:
I'm going to give it a try out of the box. Measured, marked and lined up all the ports and it's almost perfect to the Trick Flow heads. Lines up better than the Victor340 did. The oversized holes makes it tricky if you don't know how to take advantage of them and I think I got it lined up perfect.

Good to know for the future though when I go bigger! :p
That's good, I had the same deal with my tunnel ram and trick flows, I put a lot of thought into making sure it was going to be perfect.

Post 361.
I owe you a debt of gratitude.
What you wrote has me greatly inspired .
I'm making hay, getting my garage in much better shape to make my build go easier.
Thanks for hauling *** Bill

Makes it nice for the assembler but not for the guy doing the porting. The builder can dry assemble it on the engine and determine the best location then mark it. Lift it off and apply your sealer. The porter can’t do that. I think it’s an idiotic move to slot every hole on any intake unless it’s necessary.
Yeah, we talked about that. I’m bummed it didn’t work out like we had hoped. Oh well, it will be a good interim intake until I get the other one back and on next year.

Got it in and buttoned up. Valve covers, cap and wires in the morning, then I’ll fire it up and take it for a drive…. Even if it’s raining! :lol:

IMG_1850.jpeg

IMG_1849.jpeg

**** I figured you'd already did the back half & big tires today too. It better not rain tomorrow
lol, messing with ride height now. Front sits way lower even with the torsion bars set where they were on the old k member and lower arms.

-
Back