Bloomer heads

-
I purchased Rod's 421. I'm braket racing with it. It's very low maintenance and makes a lot of power. I have ran 6.08 at 112 mph. My car weighs 2885 with the driver. I'm upgrading the car at the moment. It had 1 5/8" headers and was running race gas. Laverne Ferrouillat is building me a set of 1 7/8 headers with 3.5" merge collectors and I've purchased a pro systems alcohol carburetor for it. I believe that it'll go 5.85 when finished. Rod and Vic are very busy right now and they are working on a off set rocker head. I'm really pleased with the performance of the stuff that I purchased from Rod I have friends with w2 engines that don't make as much power as my 421.

received_5778674825572822.jpeg

received_3403445893250355.jpeg

I purchased Rod's 421. I'm braket racing with it. It's very low maintenance and makes a lot of power. I have ran 6.08 at 112 mph. My car weighs 2885 with the driver. I'm upgrading the car at the moment. It had 1 5/8" headers and was running race gas. Laverne Ferrouillat is building me a set of 1 7/8 headers with 3.5" merge collectors and I've purchased a pro systems alcohol carburetor for it. I believe that it'll go 5.85 when finished. Rod and Vic are very busy right now and they are working on a off set rocker head. I'm really pleased with the performance of the stuff that I purchased from Rod I have friends with w2 engines that don't make as much power as my 421.

View attachment 1716048553

View attachment 1716048554

nice to see you posting here Vic!

View attachment 1716048553

very nice your making around 630 hp . What size is your cam and what intake are you running . my cam is around 250@50 and 547 lift and i have a holley strip dominator i also have a rpm air gap with the Bloomer heads . . i may need more cam .

very nice your making around 630 hp . What size is your cam and what intake are you running . my cam is around 250@50 and 547 lift and i have a holley strip dominator i also have a rpm air gap with the Bloomer heads . . i may need more cam .

his cam is a roller that is 263@50. Not real big at all. It’s 640-650 ish gross lift. That helps as the heads pull up through that lift. His motor will make an honest 650 with better headers, and it under 12 to 1
my cam is small too. 260/264 565 gross lift flat tappet.
upgrading to a nice roller somewhere probably 266-268@50 and 650 gross lift would really take WAY more advantage of the heads, but that most likely isn’t in the cards for me.
not wanting a 9 sec car again, especially as I have a stock block.
my health has severely limited my ability to work on stuff like I used to. Emphysema, really is knocking down my strength and stamina. So something that stays together is important to me.
you do what you can do.

.640 intake lift .650 exhaust
263 deg at .050 lift on the intake 270 deg exhaust

Kinda off topic but. Rod Bloomer and his brother have been really good to me. People mistake sometimes that when they try to contact them and they don't get a reply or don't get a timely reply. They mistake and think that they're butt holes. They are not. They don't do Mopar stuff for a living they have full time jobs and families. They have made a lot of good products for the Mopar community. My engine is a shining example of that. Please don't assume that there are not good people if you have not personally done business with them. I imagine if you truly want to purchase something from them that if you contact them on FB messenger that they'll eventually get back to you. But for every guy that actually wants to do business with him. There's 50 people who contact him with no intentions of purchasing anything. These are my thoughts and words not his. So if I offended anyone. Be pissed at me not him.

Kinda off topic but. Rod Bloomer and his brother have been really good to me. People mistake sometimes that when they try to contact them and they don't get a reply or don't get a timely reply. They mistake and think that they're butt holes. They are not. They don't do Mopar stuff for a living they have full time jobs and families. They have made a lot of good products for the Mopar community. My engine is a shining example of that. Please don't assume that there are not good people if you have not personally done business with them. I imagine if you truly want to purchase something from them that if you contact them on FB messenger that they'll eventually get back to you. But for every guy that actually wants to do business with him. There's 50 people who contact him with no intentions of purchasing anything. These are my thoughts and words not his. So if I offended anyone. Be pissed at me not him.

He did contact me and said all his castings are spoken for but a member here contacted me that had a new set that he would sell me and luckily they are setup perfect for my setup . With the help of a few great members here i should have them by sometime in April .

He did contact me and said all his castings are spoken for but a member here contacted me that had a new set that he would sell me and luckily they are setup perfect for my setup . With the help of a few great members here i should have them by sometime in April .
You'll be very happy with his product.

Thanks for stepping up and let us know some in´s and out´s. Since i´m in the market for a new set of heads i´ll patiently wait until there are news for their new head.

Michael

Thanks for stepping up and let us know some in´s and out´s. Since i´m in the market for a new set of heads i´ll patiently wait until there are news for their new head.

Michael

I think somewhere a misunderstanding took place regards offset heads.
What Rod and Vic are doing is revisiting the oval port Indy head,( The -2 head) and perhaps coming up with a CNC program in cahoots with the Wheatcrafts( new owners of Indy) to make that head shine.
I have no doubt it would be beneficial to have Vic Bloomer messing with that head

Chit, if yer lucky. I may section um up and stick on my slant 6. lol

I think somewhere a misunderstanding took place regards offset heads.
What Rod and Vic are doing is revisiting the oval port Indy head,( The -2 head) and perhaps coming up with a CNC program in cahoots with the Wheatcrafts( new owners of Indy) to make that head shine.
I have no doubt it would be beneficial to have Vic Bloomer messing with that head
ok, much more money but still totally interesting (at least for me). Thanks!

So that's 421 cubes with 1 5/8 headers and a factory architecture head running mid 9's that's impressive! It must really bug your friends with W2's that a smaller head is making more power?

So that's 421 cubes with 1 5/8 headers and a factory architecture head running mid 9's that's impressive! It must really bug your friends with W2's that a smaller head is making more power?
Mid 9’s is impressive for 421”, try doing it with 81 less cubic inches, way smaller solid flat tappet off the shelf cam, way less compression…..

Mid 9’s is impressive for 421”, try doing it with 81 less cubic inches, way smaller solid flat tappet off the shelf cam, way less compression…..
That would be even more impressive especially done with smaller heads?

Vic Bloomer has been mid 9’s in his 67 Barracuda with 1.92 valve iron factory heads( think they were 596? Castings)
it’s back together, gonna run a thermoquad I believe on it now. N/A

-
Back