Bloomer heads

-
Yes.
1.29 60’
it will run 9.60’s with a bit more tuning

for a good while I think you had posted your personal best was 9.96( very impressive) if I remember right.
where did you find 3 more tenths on a car that fast?
that is a big gain

for a good while I think you had posted your personal best was 9.96( very impressive) if I remember right.
where did you find 3 more tenths on a car that fast?
that is a big gain
I had 1-5/8” headers. Built a set of 1-3/4” stepped to 1-7/8”. Also added 1 more degree of timing.

Built them in my garage over winter.

9C150AB0-19D6-43BE-AFB2-F7EE6DEE03C2.jpeg

I thought you said the headers didn’t make much difference when you added them.
3 tenths is probably 60 horsepower on a car that fast
They definitely helped. Gained in everything, 60’, 1/8, 1/4, and mph. I will lean it out this year. Running a bit conservative.

Are the bloomer heads the speedmaster bare castings? Not but so many Chinese foundrys pouring those things....

Not sure where he gets the castings, they do seem to have extra meat in the ports.
Hoping to race my Dart for the first time this year this weekend. Still have a couple things to get done to make that happen.

Not sure where he gets the castings, they do seem to have extra meat in the ports.
Hoping to race my Dart for the first time this year this weekend. Still have a couple things to get done to make that happen.
i can't wait see the results and feedback .

i can't wait see the results and feedback .

couple other guys have already hung up very stout numbers with them. One guy has been 6.0’s in the 1/8 at 2885 with tiny headers( easy mid 9’s as it is) another guy has been 132 in the 1/4at 3175 during drag week with his Bloomer heads.
it’s pretty apparent they will make 650 without getting crazy.
mine isn’t gonna be a record breaker, it has limitations I am fine with.
it’s been 10.68 thus far at 3350. Only change this season is better headers, might be a while before I set a new best as it’s already getting warm out, probably be this fall, unless it picks up enough to be super noticeable right away.
3 day event I am gonna race in this weekend, but I won’t have a chance to test on the 1/4 Fri night as I will arrive too late.
be one 1/8 time trial Saturday morning and right to first round.
I feel like a sacrificial lamb :lol: Headed to slaughter
guys have already been racing points, and I am footbraking against guys with adjustable buttons and using brakes. Knife to gunfight. Just makes going rounds more fun!

Last edited:
Was talking to Rod Bloomer yesterday. Has a guy he recently sold a 416 to, with his new heads.
It was for a project that got put on the back burner, so he sold it.
flat top pistons, runs on pump gas. Ported super victor, 1000cfm 4150 carb, healthy roller cam.
this engine was on the dyno at BES and made right at 680 horsepower
anyhow, guy has a 3315 pound A Body, had it at Edgewater( Cincinnati) last weekend and went 135 mph with huge issues keeping it off the bumper( cal tracks)
Figures it will go 137-138 once he gets it sorted out.
At this point, not much doubt those are the most bad *** bolt on replacement head out there. Plenty of evidence now with on track testing.

B3422W5,
Heads sound like they are working for you and others. Did you mention that Rod was working on a set of off set rocker head like the W2’s? I can’t remember where I read it.

B3422W5,
Heads sound like they are working for you and others. Did you mention that Rod was working on a set of off set rocker head like the W2’s? I can’t remember where I read it.

I asked him about offset stuff , he said they been too busy to have really done anything on that front.

Was talking to Rod Bloomer yesterday. Has a guy he recently sold a 416 to, with his new heads.
It was for a project that got put on the back burner, so he sold it.
flat top pistons, runs on pump gas. Ported super victor, 1000cfm 4150 carb, healthy roller cam.
this engine was on the dyno at BES and made right at 680 horsepower
anyhow, guy has a 3315 pound A Body, had it at Edgewater( Cincinnati) last weekend and went 135 mph with huge issues keeping it off the bumper( cal tracks)
Figures it will go 137-138 once he gets it sorted out.
At this point, not much doubt those are the most bad *** bolt on replacement head out there. Plenty of evidence now with on track testing.
Sounds like a great head, is there anywhere other than facebook someone could see these builds or find info on the heads? I dont have facebook and know many others dont.

I asked him about offset stuff , he said they been too busy to have really done anything on that front.

My thinking on that one is it would have to have an outrageous price point. If I remember right Hugh’s charged around 350.00 in labor to set up for an offset rocker. Add what you paid for yours, labor to move pushrod over, plus the rockers. Ouch!!!! At some point you just have to move onto another head choice.

John, as far as i understood that "offset stuff" would be the Indy Oval Port 360-2 in a refined version. It seems Mr. Bloomer is working with Indy on that.

John, as far as i understood that "offset stuff" would be the Indy Oval Port 360-2 in a refined version. It seems Mr. Bloomer is working with Indy on that.

I guess we shall see. His first head was a well ported Chinese head and we all know what those cost. Now if you get an Indy American made head you already start at a high cost point. So we all know 320-330 plus is possible with a Chinese head so what cfm are we looking at and at what cost. Thankfully I can do it for basically free but wasn’t the first head around 2600-2800. Or did I read this wrong and is it going to be an oval port import head with W2 rocker offset. That’s a muddy road to travel for the Mopar guys.

Sounds like a great head, is there anywhere other than facebook someone could see these builds or find info on the heads? I dont have facebook and know many others dont.

one is a member here. He has posted recently in several threads on these heads…tvt59 is his handle
his comments are in this thread….

Bloomer heads

another guy competed in drag week last year went 132 at 3175 race weight
I believe Drag week posts the results, you can look them up.
third guy I just posted about today. I got this info directly from Rod Bloomer. I trust his info. Guess anybody who was at the track last weekend at Edgewater saw it.
another guy is me..I have now been 10.40’s at 3350 pounds with a 565 gross lift flat tappet cam
these three other guys all have much bigger roller cams that take advantage of the heads. I don’t.
I stated long ago I wasn’t out to run 9’s any more, would be happy if I ran what the car runs now. Be fun to put in a 660-680 lift 270 ish at 50 roller cam and see if I got in the 9’s, but I have zero interest to find out.
not being old, and not wanting to hurt my stock 340 block, I am where I want to be..low rpm tractor motor, repeatable, low maintenance.

Last edited:
this is Rod’s dyno day at BES on the motor poster tvt59 has been 6.08 with already
“My old 421” small block Mopar on Bischoff’s dyno. 11.6 pump gas with a 263°/ 270° @ .050”solid roller. Super Victor only port matched ( no plenum or runner work) 950 carb and the baddest standard port SBM head developed by Vic Bloomer. Making pretty decent power for the combination. I only caught the tail end of it in the video but, according to Tony, it’s the highest HP SBM (in this configuration) he’s had on his dyno. Made 657 HP and 593 ft. lbs.”

This is a motor recent flattop cookie cutter 416 on same dyno with bigger roller270+@50
its now in a car that went 135+ last weekend at 3315 race weight fighting huge wheel stands down outside Cincinnati

“Another great dyno session BES Racing Engines. This 416 small block Mopar did pretty good with our VR-200 cylinder heads. We started the day off with a brand new leaking electric water pump but, quickly resolved that with standby mechanical unit. I think we made somewhere around 10-12 pulls after seating the rings. Tried 3 different carburetors including a dominator and settled on a 4150 HP950. A couple adjustments to timing and ended up with 680 hp and 590 ft lbs. I would like to thank Rich (dyno operator) for all of his input but, most of all my brother Vic Bloomer, I could never do this without him. He’s the one that got me started on this silliness and we had an absolute blast over the last few days. We had 2 engines on the dyno over 2 days and made memories we will never forget. Really, I guess that’s what this is all about”

I believe Rod built the above motor to go in his A body Barracuda, but it was shelved I think for a hemi, so he sold it here very recently to the guy who had it in Cincy last weekend.
the owner thinks once they get the car working correctly it will run 137-138 at 3315…

-
Back