CAR HUNT! or BOF & me car shopping!

-
:coffee2:Well I'll be doggone . . . . mornings will be brighter with coffee again!! Glad to have you back and collecting Abodies. Let's see . . . you have 3 Darts and 2 Dusters . . . . or 3 two doors and 2 four doors . . . looks like you are slowly becoming a Plymouth man!! LOL

Glad to see ya back and kickin', we need more humor on here. Duster looks pretty darn solid, but you have a challenge ahead. It will make use of all your skills to make her pretty and your mechanical expertise (I know you love wrenchin' lol).:D

Couldn't get pics of him today. He rolled in some stinky and was banished to the basement till I had time to bath him this evening. (Lex)
Lextor at his best . . . must have been his own stinky ("hmmmm . . . that ain't bad . . . . .").:evil4:

Ok, 2012 starts hitting the ground running . . . . . John's on a roll!!:eek:ccasion:

Great to have ya back bud, missed ya . . . . :cheers:

Rog

:coffee2:Well I'll be doggone . . . . mornings will be brighter with coffee again!! Glad to have you back and collecting Abodies. Let's see . . . you have 3 Darts and 2 Dusters . . . . or 3 two doors and 2 four doors . . . looks like you are slowly becoming a Plymouth man!! LOL

Glad to see ya back and kickin', we need more humor on here. Duster looks pretty darn solid, but you have a challenge ahead. It will make use of all your skills to make her pretty and your mechanical expertise (I know you love wrenchin' lol).:D

Lextor at his best . . . must have been his own stinky ("hmmmm . . . that ain't bad . . . . .").:evil4:

Ok, 2012 starts hitting the ground running . . . . . John's on a roll!!:eek:ccasion:

Great to have ya back bud, missed ya . . . . :cheers:

Rog

Hey Rog,
Take a look under the hood of the green valiant (beginning of chapter 39) in the junk yard. Is that the overflow bottle you were needing? They wanted $20.00 + tax. I found the green lid to it waaaay under the car back next to the fuel tank !?? I hid it in the back floorboard of the red wagon so I can go back and find it if ya need it. I think you still have credit here! LOL
I swear I don't know where he finds the muddy looking stink smudge he puts on his back but as soon as he walks past to get in the house, it hits ya like a ton of crap from the ape house at the zoo! It's totally wild game doody he finds somewhere in the back 40. He's been banned to the tie out lately unless the ground is frozen. Too bad for me it was a nice day and I let him out for like an hour with out keeping close track....Bath Time!!:D
John:coffee2:

Is that the overflow bottle you were needing?
I got one my friend, on Ebag. Spent $40 delivered. Not too bad, have it installed already! I also found the spare tire hold down from a guy on here so don't worry about that. I still need some parts, I'll let ya know.
I swear I don't know where he finds the muddy looking stink smudge he puts on his back but as soon as he walks past to get in the house, it hits ya like a ton of crap from the ape house at the zoo! It's totally wild game doody he finds somewhere in the back 40.
Poor Lex . . . . guys gotta have a little fun . . . . geeezzz John . . . . lol!

Rog

It's terrific to see you back in the swing of things on here John. This thread is a really fun read and entertaining! I enjoy this stuff more than you know.

We need more of your contributions around here. FABO is not the same without ya!

That '70 duster looks like a good score. ABB will like it. May be a short resto thread (looks like not to many 'tin mites' got to it). I'll follow it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUmdWdEgHgk"]The Cranberries - When You're Gone - YouTube[/ame]

Hey FABO!

CAR HUNT! FABOZENE:cool:
usually is all about the hunt of A Bodies and other finds of any kind Auto.
It is
"A Web Based Auto Pickers Magazine"

So on that clear directive I thought I would share the flip side of the auto deal.......THE SALE.:cheers:

Now there are a few members on FABO who know my wife (ABodyBetty) and myself as hard working honest people.
Her= A sweet honest gentle person who has no vises (except me), who never says any cuss words or bad thought of any kind.
Me= An honest straight foward, No Bullshit (well bad BS anyway, but plenty of good BS!) always willing to help and honest to the point of suppling a "Whats wrong with this car list" to potential buyers of our cars.

I was raised in the "etiquette of the horse trade" (autos too) by my grand pa who was as old school as you can get. My dad never had time to mess with cars or teach mechanical stuff to me. It was all my pop (Grand Pa). He would flip cars, boats, lawnmowers, livestock, or anything else he could skin off and make a $.
A true skinner who lived by all the unwritten rules of the deal no matter what was being traded.
Not many people live by these rules anymore.
What rules you ask?
Well, you know...
#1; CASH is king. NO CHECKS OF ANY KIND
#2 Buyer beware due to being sold "As Is where is".
#3 Never negotiate (LOWBALL) over the phone before seeing the unit. It insults the seller.
and so forth, You guys know the rules I'm talking about!:bounce:

Well especially sense CL, Feebay, internet, etc these unwritten horse trading rules have all but been forgotten.
When dealing with a wholesailer of autos you would think that buyer would know better.

Anyway.......
A few FABO members here also know how ABB and I are always trying hard, working hard, and trying to maintain a good sense of humor all the while Karma works hard on slapping me down more than it picks me up.
Nothing ever comes easy for me. Not whinning, just stating facts. It is the warriors path to be tested constantly to either make you stronger or kill you.:coffee2:

Well we have been trying to sell our 74 swinger for sometime and have tried every arrow in my quiver to sell the beaked *****! LOL:D
It has been on feebay several times only to be pulled due to a$$hole stalker. CL= flagged everytime even when following rules.
On and on and on.
It was a looks too good to be true senario.
True to my karmas path even the final deal at the very last second, almost turned into a go "F" yourself and your money moment. (I have been known to send home many a buyer with all their money still in pocket just to teach them a lesson of the horse trade rules.
So with out further background copy, here is;
"Chapter 3, Page 3, revisit"
OR
"Daisy Finally Sold! Good Bye, Good riddance!!"

Here's the jist:coffee2:
1.12.12, What a day!
Snow storm on the way....
Well some of you know we have been in survivor mode around here $.
So we have been trying to sell whatever car would sell first.
So after losing it so many times over not selling our 74 Swinger, need money worse than ever before, we decided to offer to Dodge dealer for display and resale. We wanted to trade dead even on a newer mopar mini van. Once we got a nice one for ABB we could sell the ferd windstar so I could make my payday out of the work I had done.
Sounded like a good plan. We even had a back up plan. A big auction co. in Indy who caters to all the auto dealers in that Indy area (No Public Auctions, must be a dealer) The manager there said he would make an exception and sell Daisy by putting in their lobby for a month to publisize her auction. After a months worth of Buzz she would be sold to the highest bidding auto dealer in Indy. Another good idea.
OK
Plan A,
We take home a 2004 Town & Country Touring with 180K miles for overnight trial. Piece of crap compaired to the windstar (sorry fellow mopar freaks but it's true) but we try to get it anyway so we at least have something else to flip fo some badly needed cash. Long story short, the next day the deal went to the point of they were to "look" at and fix on thier dime the flat tire light on on dash. When we are about to take delivery on it they call and tell me it will be $100.00 to pick up the van. They had our swinger stored inside there for a little under a week. We didn't have 100 but I told them I would call ABB and ask her sense it's her car/van. I called her at work and told her. She started crying and had to go. Now I'm tellin Ya. 30 years ago I would have went down there to see the sales man and his greedy boss sales manager, and dot their I's to the back of their brains with a broom handle for making my woman cry or any one in my family for that matter. Weuns lives bah da feud!!:cheers:
Anyway, I call back and bitched them out and told them to shove their van. We went down there at 7:30AM on 1.12.12, I walked into to service and drove Daisy out of the garage into a nasty winter storm with bias tires cussing all the way home.......
:coffee2:

Stay Tuned! Don't touch that dial!!!:blob:
will return after this break.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD35TmF1fjY"]The Pretty Reckless ( Taylor Momsen ) - Since You're Gone - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://youtu.be/h_m-BjrxmgI"]302 Found[/ame]

Hey there Delilah what it like where you are now.

[ame="http://youtu.be/07_rnlBezQg"]302 Found[/ame]

Tried to find a song to dedicate to Daisy. Typed in Swinger and we won't talk about what came up. So, this is a close as I could get. I guess me and Daisy went swingin a few times. The song said she was just as pretty as the angels guess that sums her up pretty good.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzuuViQTTAI"]Since You're Gone - The Cars - YouTube[/ame]

So after getting Daisy back into our barn, I started making calls to the corporate office of the auto family who just purchased the Dodge dealer. I had heard the big wigs son had seen my car and wanted it for his garage at his house! I had also heard of a couple of bids put into the dealer for our car.

Now I want to tell you all while this was happening, I was working out a deal to a neighbor for our windstar. I offered it to them for $2K. They countered with $1800.00 and I said no. I had it on CL for $2500 and was getting calls. Well for 5 days leading up to picking up this van from the dealer it was 3 calls a day trying to get me to sell to them for $1900. Well on the day I drove Daisy back home from dealer, I realized, I did need to sell the windstar just to keep utilities on round the house. Nothing like electric, gas, water and internet in the winter!:cheers:
So right when I got back in from the barn, my neighbor was on the phone. I told him to tell his dad I would sell to them fo 19 if they could get to me by noon. He said he would call me back.
(Another unwritten skinners rule, Do what you say, Say what you do, and do it when and how you say)
15 min later I called him back. He said my dad said too late on the 1900, he'll only pay 1800 for it now. He just watched American Pickers and he knows how this works.
I lost it on him on the phone and told him and his dad to go down and buy the caravan they were looking at for 1500, I'll keep my windstar!
Mothers playin ME??!!! I don't think so!
As soon as I hung up, the greedy sales manager at the dealer called and said didn't the sales rep tell you we would take care of the rapirs?
Well yes he did. Right after I informed him that your greedy A$$ 100 dollar demand made my wife cry. Stick that van right up your scrouge A$$.
(He only called due to corporate son couldn't have my car now)
Later, the sales guy calls;
Hey John what happened?
Oh F you, You know what happened your greedy boss made my wife cry right after you told us you would pay to fix and was still a dead even trade! You speak with fork tounge paleface. Anther thing, don't let your boss make it out like it was you. I told corporate you were a good dude due to us working with each other for the past 20 years. I told him you informed us. If you have the number of the bidder on my car, I'll give you a bird dawg fee.
OK! Here's his name and number. I already told him you would call! He's a whole sailer who has already seen you car.
Cool!:cheers:
I call the guy, price set, supposed to hear from him by 10Am and purchase car by noon.
So he calls and hum haws around about him not having a ride down to me and could I deliver to him 30 miles away!
I went silent.........(Hair and scalp tingling, neck and forehead starting to turn red and sweat. Pissed off level now reaching criticle "FU" mass!!!:banghead:
Keep in mind, all this guy does for a living is buy and sell cars to dealers. He does this all the time. I expected better than for him to break one of the cardinal rules of the trade. The buyer picks up the unit, the seller doesn't take responsibility of shipping)
Hey! I got a better idea, why don't you just call the marathon station in your town there. They have a real nice roll back. They are super nice considerate old school guys. The last time they hauled for me from your town to mine, they only charged $75.00. Call them, here's my address.
OH! I forgot about them. I use them all the time. They are good people.
(I'll bet you didn't even think of the rollback you use all the time 2 blocks from your house and garage)
Be here by noon to pay me. Also, savce yourself future headaches BRING CASH!!! Don't forget too, dealer or not, I'll be putting your name and full purchase price on the title!!! If these terms are not met in full, you will not be recieving the car. Have a great day and let me know "CLICK"
Well, after many set backs, I'm happy to inform FABO right here on
that our Swinger is OUTTA HEAH!

So now we all know;
1; ABB and 64dart170 usually has a tough row to hoe.
2; There are unwritten rules to the deal that need to be remembered and followed.
3; If you don't know these rules, find a local skinner and ask him or her about them.
4; Keep a sense of humor, but don't take shiznit from anyone, they aren't any better than you.
5; DO NOT under any circumstances trade your mint condition Abody for some piece of crap the dealer wants to just get rid of.
6; If somebody makes your wife cry, get even with them and make sure your wife knows about your revenge!:D
7; The "If it looks too good to be true, It probibly isn't" saying doesn't always hold true.
8; ABB is kind and sweet person.:D
9; 64dart170 won't take crap off of anyone, anytime, anywhere!:violent1:
10; Always share wierd true life horse tradin stories of Abodies right here with FABO members on
Going, Going, GONE!!!
She's heading for a dealer in Indy!!
Electric, gas, water, all on.
Tha Tha Tha Thats all folks!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVI7A7YOho4"]Scorpions - Lonely Nights - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7UrFYvl5TE"]Kelly Clarkson - Since U Been Gone - YouTube[/ame]

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 388
  • 10.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 390
  • 9.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 377
  • 8.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 401
  • 7.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 388
  • 6.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 398
  • 5.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 398
  • 4.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 394
  • 3.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 384
  • 2.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 396
:coffee2:Sorry that you had to let her go . . . . She was a beauty. You don't see cars that age in that original condition. Well, here's to you, you succeeded in selling her, you are a survivor. Hope you move forward, life won't wait for you as you well know. We have to make our life. You and ABB rock . . . start smiling again and keep on surviving!! :cheers:

You have my best, Rog

Hope Lex smells better today . . . say hey from me to him!

Car Hunt Fabozene is really a page-turner. Sure am relieved you passed on that 180k mile Town & Country, and kept the Windstar. Thanks for the horse-tradin' rules refresher. Your grandfather would be proud. Here's to you and ABB having a great 2012!

Great pics and music by the way.

:coffee2:Sorry that you had to let her go . . . . She was a beauty. You don't see cars that age in that original condition. Well, here's to you, you succeeded in selling her, you are a survivor. Hope you move forward, life won't wait for you as you well know. We have to make our life. You and ABB rock . . . start smiling again and keep on surviving!! :cheers:

You have my best, Rog

Hope Lex smells better today . . . say hey from me to him!

Thanks Rog.
Lex is upstairs out like a light in his "Ruff Ruff" beagle sleeping bag he got from Santa. I tried to tell him Hi for ya but he just looked up with a disgusted "Get out" look on his face!
OOOoooooK.:coffee2:

He does smell better. Some sort of mix now like a cedar chip and oatmeal filled orange!:D
Anyway, thanks again!
Keep yer powder warm and dry!

Car Hunt Fabozene is really a page-turner. Sure am relieved you passed on that 180k mile Town & Country, and kept the Windstar. Thanks for the horse-tradin' rules refresher. Your grandfather would be proud. Here's to you and ABB having a great 2012!

Great pics and music by the way.

I should publish the "Complete Skinners Guide, The 10 or more commandments of the deal"

You know, I might guild the lilly a bit for a good story. It's the printer in me. But I got to tell ya, you can't make this shiznit up! True life is some strange shtuff! Now that I'm older, I have finally realized somehow I attract wierder shiznit that most peeps! I just never relized all the crap ya go through till I wrote it all down!

Here's to ALL of us having a better year in 2012!!:cheers:
Thanks for being here with us!
Have a great day today!

FABO NOTICE!
All stories in
are for entertainment pourposes only. All names, locations, car pics, and anything else besides music vids could be fictitious and if not false at least the names have been changed to protect the innocent.

would like to thank all the wonderful artists who let us have access to their music for entertainment only. They do not in anyway agree to or support in any way all the views express or anything else published on this thread.
I do however support them by enjoying their music.
Thank You.:D

(General diclaimer to cma. I am not a paid spokesman of any law firm nor am I a spokesman for anyone or anything. For entertainment ONLY. Not for profit):glasses7:

That '70 duster looks like a good score. ABB will like it. May be a short resto thread (looks like not to many 'tin mites' got to it). I'll follow it.

Thanks!
We can't wait to start on it!
One door closes, another one opens!
:D

It's terrific to see you back in the swing of things on here John. This thread is a really fun read and entertaining! I enjoy this stuff more than you know.

We need more of your contributions around here. FABO is not the same without ya!

Thanks man!
It makes me happy to know someone somewhere enjoys it.
It helps me too, wrting gets it off yer chest!
:coffee2:

Hey John. Glad to see you back into the swing of things. And that you are having a "pay day". I still need to post some of the cars I have found on my visits to junk yard around here.

Cool feel free!
I love that car!:cheers:

Sorry Daisy didn't work out for you. Well, you'll have more fun fixing up the Duster for ABB and you'll have the satisfaction of knowing that you did the work yourself.

Nobody knows how to dicker anymore!!!!!! I've noticed that more and more lately. I price things I'm selling with a little "wiggle" room you know, then people that come and look at them either walk away or pay full price (which isn't always a bad thing.) BUT, it sure would be nice if more people learned the "art of the deal" from their parents or grandparents.

John, Congratulations on the sale of Daisy. Parting is always such sweet sorrow but coming from a Duster maniac, You will Love your Duster!!!!! Best of luck on the restoration and best wishes for you and your family in 2012. Say HI to ABB!!!

Yep you'll love the Duster, I loved mine wish I still had it. 74 318 3spd
Brad

Attachments

• 74Duster05.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 341
  • 74Duster07.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 334
My contribution to car hunt. Name this car I found last night while traveling to a new neighborhood behind a ministry I was visiting. Does it have potential?

Attachments

• name that car.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 280
-
Back