Custom Lower Radiator Supports for sale

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks again for a great part. It fit like a glove!

2012-03-25_17-27-13_562.jpg

I am considering putting a set on my drag car that has the inner fenders removed and frame rail / shock tower supported by a bar going to the firewall. I suppose it would be a good idea to be sure the frame rails themselves are straight and parallel before putting these on. How does a person check for that?

I am considering putting a set on my drag car that has the inner fenders removed and frame rail / shock tower supported by a bar going to the firewall. I suppose it would be a good idea to be sure the frame rails themselves are straight and parallel before putting these on. How does a person check for that?

I think that it would be a good idea to tie the front frame rails together. I would get the car on a level floor on jack stands supported by the frame rails and start comparing measurements to the floor side to side. What if it's not level in the front end are you going to cut one of your bars?

Here's a shot of mine 62 Valiant
IMG_20120907_183209.jpg

IMG_20120907_183205.jpg

I still have to weld in the tabs for the lower valance and the drop support I did have to take two inches off the ends else the lower valance wouldn't of fit

I think that it would be a good idea to tie the front frame rails together. I would get the car on a level floor on jack stands supported by the frame rails and start comparing measurements to the floor side to side. What if it's not level in the front end are you going to cut one of your bars?

John/others - I'm currently preparing to install the lower radiator support and decided to check side-to-side vertical position of front subframe rails relative to the rear subframe rails on my '65 Barracuda. I'm using a level to establish the relation and am seeing a difference of roughly 0.28 inch as measured at the rear. In other words, with the front rails set to level, I see approximately 0.28 inch off level at the rear rails.

I know these old cars are not precise. My car already has welded subframe connectors and an 8-point rollbar. The door gaps are consistent and there is no visible evidence of body twist. Knowing that no car is perfect in this regard, at what tolerance would you judge it is still OK? I am stuck on this and can't seem to get off of it. Thanks.

I might be interested for one for my 65. Let me know. If I had a friggin pipe bender it would be a piece of cake.

Hey! Never guess what I just found waiting for me when I got home.

Thank you sir.

So good to see your still getting orders for these well made quality parts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back