EARLY A body hooker header install P/N 5208 UPDATE!

-
Pass side pic

Hooker Header Early A 101-1.jpg

I couldn't even get the headers past the exhaust studs when in the car, had to go to bolts it was that tight. I fashioned sheet AL and just cut it to fit contours of pipes and sheet metal screwed them over the massive holes. Looked OK I guess. I believe those tubes are smallish but better for 90% of apps. As I have always said, check exhaust flanges for accuracy, my holes were drilled too low making the bottom of the port seal hair thin, kept blowing gaskets.

I couldn't get a bolt in the #7 tube inside location. It's a bear to start a thread. Maybe it's the flange accuracy like Pishta says.
Tubes are 1 5/8"

:color: First time to see this thread, this helps a bunch.. Thanks everyone :coffee2:

In the end result does it look like these headers need a 90 degree oil filter adapter ? Looks like it will work with out one, pettybludart took his off he said.

I found the 90 degree oil filter to be more convenient but I think you could sandwich a short filter in there without the 90 adapter.

Had to add to this thread, moving forward on the V8 install in Victoria :color:
This is a great thread that will help me allot :coffee2: so it's my turn to add to it.
I pre fit the headers to make sure they sent them all and looks like all is good :glasses7:

Hooker Header Early A 112-1.jpg

Hooker Header Early A 112-2.jpg

Hooker Header Early A 112-3.jpg

Hooker Header Early A 112-4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
anybody using these with a 727 trans?

EDIT: just saw page 4 with the tight spot.

I was going to use these on my 66 Barracuda w/ 360, but decided to go with the TTI's. larger tubes and 3 inch collectors plus, no cutting!

If TTI didn't offer these, I would be right with you. Not a lot of options for early A bodies.:pale:

5208 Hookers on my 66 Dart, I installed these a few days ago. This website/forum has helped me out so much.

Hooker Header Early A 120-1.jpg

Hooker Header Early A 120-2.jpg

Here are some pics of mine....I cut the hole smaller, but made a cover, most people never even notice a hole is there :glasses7:

DSC01746.jpg

Hi, can you tell me what master cylinder you're using and is it a two bolt with an adapter or a four bolt like the original. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
-
Back