Eddy heads on 416 stroker question

-
Its still a good choice. I have built a few strokers with that cam, they all made 520tq+. Most came in the 475hp range, real nice street engine.

Thanks Mike. I appreciated all the help you gave me and parts you sold me. But as you can see, I like getting myself in trouble and I knew I would be changing things up as I go along. That is why I wanted to keep the work local. I hope you understand, brother. So I will go with the cam you sent me, even with the aluminum heads.

I was thinking of a TC with about 2400 RPM stall, so I will not be slipping when I am cruising on the highway at 70 MPH?

I high quality torque converter such as one from Ultimate Converters will not slip any more than a stock converter yet will still give you the flash when you step on it. A good torque converter will help your car idle better, put more power to wheels, and lower your RPMs when up to speed. I took out my junk off the shelf TCI converter and had a custom torque converter made for my car by Ultimate Converters and the difference was night and day. Better idle, engine flashes right to the middle of the torque curve when ever I step on it, and lower RPMs out on the highway. Light throttle cruising it acts like a stock torque converter too.

I high quality torque converter such as one from Ultimate Converters will not slip any more than a stock converter yet will still give you the flash when you step on it. A good torque converter will help your car idle better, put more power to wheels, and lower your RPMs when up to speed. I took out my junk off the shelf TCI converter and had a custom torque converter made for my car by Ultimate Converters and the difference was night and day. Better idle, engine flashes right to the middle of the torque curve when ever I step on it, and lower RPMs out on the highway. Light throttle cruising it acts like a stock torque converter too.

Sounds like exactly what I am after. What should I be looking to spend for such a beast?

Mine was $900 shipped. But from the performance I got my monies worth plus some. And with the precision balancing the car is so much smoother out on the highway too. I don't even mind the 3:91s anymore. Yes its a lot of money but it was so worth it.

Mo-Par, why so little duration? That will be almost 10-1 and you could probably run 255* / 260* like the 60434 voodoo.
I think this one will be better suited on the street for me. That solid roller looks like a beast.:burnout:

I agree if you just want a nice running street car to cruise with. My nephew built a 440 car with about 700 Horsepower. I asked him what he was going to do with it??? Then he did not spend any money in the suspension?? I kind of thought that was misguided choices. Car is done. Car is beautiful. Car sounds really mean. But my nephew hardly drives it, because it scares him and uses tons of gas, and is so loud I can hear ir coming from 2 blocks away. Now I know some folks on here would die for that car and would love driving it, but I am not that person. I like things a little more mild and driveable if I want to take my car on a Sunday and drive up to Vermont or New York.

I agree if you just want a nice running street car to cruise with. My nephew built a 440 car with about 700 Horsepower. I asked him what he was going to do with it??? Then he did not spend any money in the suspension?? I kind of thought that was misguided choices. Car is done. Car is beautiful. Car sounds really mean. But my nephew hardly drives it, because it scares him and uses tons of gas, and is so loud I can hear ir coming from 2 blocks away. Now I know some folks on here would die for that car and would love driving it, but I am not that person. I like things a little more mild and driveable if I want to take my car on a Sunday and drive up to Vermont or New York.

Excactly ! :prayer:

Nice example showing that reality of a 600-700 + HP motor. Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.

The costs really log roll on a high HP motor when/if you try to build a whole system of the car to take advantage of and actually apply all that HP. Suspension, Chassis, Tire, Transmisson, etc....

And most of the times you are left with something that is not really practical to enjoy to drive very much.

Your gonna have a load of tire shreading torque even with that mildish cam in there. You'll have even more torque to the wheels if you put a quality converter behind that engine. My car is silky smooth at 60-65 mph due to precision balanced engine, precision balanced torque converter, and the reduction in RPMs a high end modern custom built torque converter delivers.

I've been looking into eddy heads for my 416 project and the only reason to use the 60179 is if your pistons protrude .030 or more, its basically a closed chamber head with .060 piston relief cut into it which is way too much. To get .030-.040 quench with a .040 head gasket the piston has to protrude .060-.070 from the block. I don't know why eddy even offers these, also the just started offering the 60779 heads with hyd roller springs as 60775 but not as good as beehive springs.

I don't know why eddy even offers these, also the just started offering the 60779 heads with hyd roller springs as 60775 but not as good as beehive springs.

Damn it! I just ordered the 60779 heads tonight. If I had known about these heads, I would have ordered them instead.

-
Back