Effin' Fed Ex.............

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
So I come in the front room and happen to look at the monitor, just in time to see the FedEx guy getting back in. He hadn't knocked, rang the bell, or kicked the side of the house, much less asked for a signature

There sits hundreds of dollars of a new set of Doug's on the front porch.

(Years ago, I had a used Bogen / Manfrotto tripod waltz right off the front porch. Fed Ex 'could not do a thing')

Doug's is owned by.........................??Pertronix??

Crap we never get knocks here.....but we live like 500 feet off the road in the woods.

Fed ex always say they can't find my address. Last time I told them to give the package to any UPS truck they happen to see because they never have any trouble finding my house.

In fact the UPS guy is always excited to see what he brought me for the dart.

So I come in the front room and happen to look at the monitor, just in time to see the FedEx guy getting back in. He hadn't knocked, rang the bell, or kicked the side of the house, much less asked for a signature

There sits hundreds of dollars of a new set of Doug's on the front porch.

(Years ago, I had a used Bogen / Manfrotto tripod waltz right off the front porch. Fed Ex 'could not do a thing')

Doug's is owned by.........................??Pertronix??

I'll take em if it pisses you off that bad. :-D

wait a couple of days and file a claim with the shipper , the FedEx ahats here lefty a case of Ammo sitting at my front door 30 feet from the side walk .

Fed Ex and UPS aren't what they used to be. Half my UPS boxes come looking like they let a gorilla throw them around for a while. They also never bag on rainy days like they used to either.

FedEx lost a shipment of 1000 rounds of 5.56mm M855 Lake city ammo I ordered two years ago. The company I ordered from filed a claim, and replaced the ammo with next day shipping. Three months later, a nice old lady about two blocks down knocked on my door and said that fedex had dropped a box off for me at her house when she was in the hospital. free ammo courtesy of fedex haha... UPS all the way now for shipping lol

I try to use UPS, My driver is great he puts the car parts in the barn for me when I am not home. Also keeps nagzilla in check. By the way he live 3 lots down, kind of helps.

I try to use UPS, My driver is great he puts the car parts in the barn for me when I am not home. Also keeps nagzilla in check. By the way he live 3 lots down, kind of helps.
:wack:
I had a very expensive package not show up, and the tracking # said it was delivered that very evening. I saw the ups truck drive off, no package. called and raised hell w/ everybody I talked to. after a few hours they said they would make a special delivery that evening. a while later a ups truck drives up to a neighbors house across, and up the street, and throws a package across his fence. so I go look and it`s my package, I called them and wanted to know where my package was. left them looking for it a couple of days, they called the driver,and called me back, he said he put it on my back porch! I don`t have a back porch , and my rottweiler would not let any one in my back yard ! DAM BUNCH OF INCOMPETANT LIARS!!!! Sorry for the long post, it still pisses me off!---bob

fedex left a new computer, clearly labeled as such, sitting in the middle of my driveway.

My wife signed for it before she realized it had the neighbor's address on it.

When she said "this belongs next door", the driver said "you signed for it" and drove away.

WTF?

I like UPS they delivered a crate motor to me and rolled it 300 ft down my driveway to my garage. I tried to tip the driver and he just said no it was his job. I had my tractor with front end loader to haul it but he volunteered.

Standard delivery practice for packages to my home address:
USPS - leave them by my front door and ring the doorbell
UPS - leave them in the front entry, sometimes by the front door, sometimes not. Never rings the doorbell.
FedEx - usually leave them by the garage door, sometimes in the front entry, rarely close to the front door. Seems to depend on how big the package is. Never rings the doorbell.

Both FedEX and UPS don't like to knock, they just drop it by the door, in the mail box and run.... ...they would rather get off work earlier by not waiting for customers to answer the door....

I once waited all day for a signature delivery... After waiting all day for the knock, I go to get my mail at 5 PM and it was sitting in my mailbox. I called the P.O. and asked who signed for it. The signature was of my old neighbor who died 7 years before that.... WTF????

I filed a complaint with the P.O. and they said that they "would get back to me..."

Still waiting for the answer (3 years now)....

After reading all your horror stories, I don't feel like I'm the only one. I always get a chuckle when UPS leaves a package by the back door and then sticks a notice on the door that a package was left there. Duh !!! UPS has left boxes right in front of my front door and I couldn't get the door open to bring them in the house. I had to walk around the house to get them. Duh again !!
lol

UPS doesnt hit my house until 7pm at the earliest.

I used to have everything sent to my job for that reason. When talking to that driver and some of my high school buddies that work at UPS now, the wait list to "become a driver" is about 10 years, and my driver at work told me he is given 3 minutes per delivery. He had up to 250/300 packages per day.

So all the nice things like signatures and ringing bells are inconveniences.

I did hear something about how fedex runs completely different, and air/priority stuff is handled corporate and their ground business is offloaded to local independent contractors? in that case, they probably care even less than the regular employee drivers.

We haven't dealt with FedEx voluntarily since a b*tch driver and her full-size FedEx delivery truck decided to t-bone my wife while she was 7 months pregnant with our son. Luckily our son wasn't injured. My wife had torsion whiplash and still suffers from myofascial pain and Fibromyalgia, but it could have been much worse.

2 weeks ago FedEx delivered a package and actually knocked this time. My wife was here to sign.

The time before that, I just heard a truck taking off, didn't hear a knock, scratch, or anything....same thing, dumped several hundred dollars of parts at the door and gone!

Here's how the driver's here handle things per company:

UPS: Ring doorbell, toss in front of door unbagged and leave unless signature required
FedEx: All packages bagged, placed on back porch out of plain sight. The normally knock on my door if someone is home though.

and the worst offender
USPS: normal carrier will throw things on ground at mailbox on top of the hill, no matter the size or importance. unbagged, on the grass. 2ft from the street. I've had her do it with a box that said "Fragile! Electronics inside!" right before a massive thunderstorm. I also don't live in the best neighborhood around. I'm not even gonna go into full detail about her "parcel delivery skills", let's just say the insurance check to fix the damage a tree did to my side of the duplex mysteriously "disappeared" several times.

The other carriers though, they are excellent. They actually deliver my mail. Packages are delivered politely to my door or left on the back porch all wrapped up if its gonna storm.

It's amazing what a difference a bad carrier can make in your life , for years the young gal delivered my mail every day by noon then they went on strike and Canada Post eliminated some carriers and expanded all the routes ,She didn't like her new route so bumped her way into a better one , the new guy shows up twice 1 week 3 times the next and never before 3:30 in the afternoon .Turns out the jokes on him Canada Post has decided all mail will be delivered to satellite boxes like they do in rural areas so over the next couple of years buddies job is being phased out , poor service and bad attitudes have killed a once noble profession .

Here's how the driver's here handle things per company:

UPS: Ring doorbell, toss in front of door unbagged and leave unless signature required
FedEx: All packages bagged, placed on back porch out of plain sight. The normally knock on my door if someone is home though.

and the worst offender
USPS: normal carrier will throw things on ground at mailbox on top of the hill, no matter the size or importance. unbagged, on the grass. 2ft from the street. I've had her do it with a box that said "Fragile! Electronics inside!" right before a massive thunderstorm. I also don't live in the best neighborhood around. I'm not even gonna go into full detail about her "parcel delivery skills", let's just say the insurance check to fix the damage a tree did to my side of the duplex mysteriously "disappeared" several times.

The other carriers though, they are excellent. They actually deliver my mail. Packages are delivered politely to my door or left on the back porch all wrapped up if its gonna storm.

x2

The problem I have with courier companies is they want customs and brokerage fees on everything crossing the border, doesn't matter how low the declared value is.
I purchased an item from the States, the seller verified with FedEx U.S.A prior to giving them order if there would be any customs/brokerage fees he was told no. I didn't trust what they said so I called FedEx Canada and was told no because the declared value of the item did not exceed the cap in which customs & brokerage fees would warranted. We go ahead and have the item shipped, when it arrives for my own piece of mind I ask the delivery guy is there any outstanding fees owning on the package, he says no. Three months later a FedEx invoice comes through the mail for customs/brokerage fees, I go through the ceiling, when the seller finds out he goes through the ceiling and the roof up into outer space. A huge dispute was launched with FedEx head office and after everything was said and done they would only reduce the bill by 50%.

I live on W. Penny Road. There's a guy about a mile away with the same house number who lives on W. Peters St. Both UPS and FedEx like to deliver my stuff to him. Peters, Penny - yeah they both start with a P. It's like they don't look at labels.

-
Back