Fat Blue Fish Build

-
He will be OK....a-holes never die they just live long in order to make many people suffer.:-D

Today I got to work on fatty 1 hour....but I did manage to help Dan get the exhaust tacked so he can weld it...its stainless and thin and I won't lie.
I cut it off before the diff and made some short angle cuts on the end of teh mufflers to direct the notes away from the under carage. I will get some pics soon.....with all that's going on I keep forgetting.

I can weld stuff 1/8" and up and make it look and hold great...1/8" and below and its a puddle of metal on my shoe...ouch.

I have a slow hand.

OK today was better.

My guys are finally chillinout....my buddy7 is still dying only slower and I got to work on my car finally. As you can see this is the elusive 6 tip system.....yes it is real...I know you all thought it was an urban ledgend....I mean 6 tips....Who the F has 6 tips?

I assure you this is no touched up Sasquach photo. This is a real 6R and I ain't talkin Miller Lite.

Today I helped Dan get the beast captured errr finished...I am grinding and sanding this weekend....xcept for a 4hr trip to get Shaun/Geko1134 taken care of....thanks Gecko by the way....we have a leopard Gecko...very cool pet.

So 11 Miller Lite's later......here is the rough product.

After grind and clean I am getting the whole thing jet coated to match my TTI's...High temp Chrome or you know what TTI's look like.....Bare Beer Can Finish....Ahhhhhh....Beeeeer.

$$$$ Why is every thing so F'n expensive?

Mop

100_2179w.jpg

100_2180w.jpg

100_2184w.jpg

Only the good stuph is expensive. You seem to have a lot of it.

Your car is killin' me. I love it. I hope mine turns out half as nice. Your build on this car is inspiring.

Kind words.....kind words.

yea....I have a real problem buying junk....I would rather overbuild than re-build...it's always cheaper to do it once right.

Mop

OK I just got back from the shop....a good 4 hours of work got me finished with the oil dipstick...Mildon that had to be modified to fit...go figure.
I milled a bracket for the fuel regulator and installed it the log and ran the hard line and return lines...I am almost done. Two flares and one inlet on the sending unit for the return and I am done with fuel!

Enjoy

Mop

100_2186w.jpg

100_2187w.jpg

100_2189w.jpg

100_2190w.jpg

Yea,

The Bank of My Retirement.

I hope this thing appreciates in value down the road or I'm spending my retirement years livin in it.....good thing its a fastback....plenty of leg room for sleeping.

Mop

The Stainless tubing kicked my ars today.......I suck at bending and so I kinked it....the last bend of course....then I had to pull it out and wrestle with it.....it won.

So we are going back to flex to join the two ends together and call it good!
Nothing wrong with flex right?

Got the trans dipstick in today...Lokar. Very nice and very easy to install.

Mounted the power steering res and I am a fitting away from having that plumbed.

Yeah I know I'm a slow hand.... took me 5 hours to get those few measly things done....never let me do time and material work for you....it will look great but cost you an arm.

I gotta rest I have the Father daughter dance tonight and I have 2 daughters....yes I am taking them both.

Mop

Snuck out today and missed a soccer game.....I know....bad father.
At least I took them to Dinner/Dance and Frozen Custard last night.
I will be forgiven.

So I did manage to install the trans cooler behind the lower cowl on the pass side. Got it plumbed as well.

Got the Power steering plumbed complete.

Installed the radiator overflow tank on the front bumper bracket bolt under the fender well and in front of the driver side tire...very inconspicuous place to install those items.

Shortened a plug wire and tightened the plugs and reinstalled/final routed the wires.

Going to buy fluids now...gallons and gallons of all different types of fluids.

So many little things to do......I will have more pics later.

Mop

OK.....its been hell week so I would have rather thrown myself into a cavern than deal with what has happened so far this week.

3 arguments with my #1 man in the company....never had 1 before in 10 yrs.
2 Personal vehicles break down.....one left me stranded today.
1 Customer who wont back me up on project and disaster he created.
0 Battery's that work for my camera meaning I have to go spend even
more cash tonight.

Good news is I put my new battery in the trunk today. That and I hear the UPS man coming up the drive. Closer and closer.

I'll be back.

Mop

OK.....its been hell week so I would have rather thrown myself into a cavern than deal with what has happened so far this week.

3 arguments with my #1 man in the company....never had 1 before in 10 yrs.
2 Personal vehicles break down.....one left me stranded today.
1 Customer who wont back me up on project and disaster he created.
0 Battery's that work for my camera meaning I have to go spend even
more cash tonight.

Good news is I put my new battery in the trunk today. That and I hear the UPS man coming up the drive. Closer and closer.

I'll be back.

Mop

Sounds like you had a good week to me! Gets better towards the end of your post. :-D

So I got my 6 tipper back already and since it was so longI had to polish the middle section as it would not fit in the abrasive media tank...polisher.

So I worked on it a bit...its tough stuff. Ceramic powder coat...$375.00 What a bargain.

It looks way nicer in person and will look great under my slammed car....if your laying under it that is.

Mop

Looks awsome.

The rad looks like a BeCool product? If so, how did it fit between the frame rails? I looked at one but it looked like it would be tight, especially with the fans fitting in from of the pulleys. How much clearance do you have?

Clearance in front is about 1/4" from the compressor pully...I actuallt had to shave thepully on the edges a bit.

Frame rail to frame rail is perfect.....I did cut out the radiator opening about 4" so I would have more surface area exposed.

It happened.....I got the call today...I have to pull my car out and bring it home and Dan never did get my windshield replaced.....Fme.

Oh well its panic situation now....no room, basement not ready.

:angry7:

That was ugly to say the least.....not many words spoken but lots of cold bitter silence.....at least on my part. They had their week excuse but I could see the writing on the wall....my wallet is empty so it's time to throw me back.

I could go on and cry about the injustice for hours but it won't change anything.

Fellas there's a lesson here somewhere but I don't have time to decipher it...feel free to give me your version while I scramble to move **** around in my garages and inside my house.

I will get back to you with photo's and my new completion schedule.....anyone here in KC know how to replace a windshield?....he screwed me on that one good.

Mop:angry7:

Any glass installer can take care of the windshield. Body shops usually hire it out anyway.

Hope the split with the shop space (builder) ends on a good note and the car gets home safe. Dont lose motivation, you got a good looking car there.

That was ugly to say the least.....not many words spoken but lots of cold bitter silence.....at least on my part. They had their week excuse but I could see the writing on the wall....my wallet is empty so it's time to throw me back.

I could go on and cry about the injustice for hours but it won't change anything.

Fellas there's a lesson here somewhere but I don't have time to decipher it...feel free to give me your version while I scramble to move **** around in my garages and inside my house.

I will get back to you with photo's and my new completion schedule.....anyone here in KC know how to replace a windshield?....he screwed me on that one good.

Mop:angry7:

I've never quite figured it out but do you work for the shop owner, renting the space or what?

I guess when you mentioned that they was "grumbling" about your car in the lift spot earlier in this thread.... that would have been my fair warning right there to think what I needed to with the car.

Also I realize that some people don't know how to talk to other people. Instead of "Mop I really need for you to start thinking about moving your car in the next couple of weeks... thanks."

It's "You need to have your car out of here tomorrow!"

Remember now.... I'm on your side!:-D

I hate that.......

You are all right....I did know what was coming....just that I told him my situation and all I needed was to the end of this week to get the painting done so I could put the car in my basement...close to my garage and tools.
Sadly for me the weather this weekend created lots of insurance work for body shops, his included.

Never mind, I'm a big boy and I already made concessions to get the car inside and safe.....where I can finish it...upstairs garage....no tools but the floor is dry and flat.

Your right about the glass as well.....I can get a mobile crew to come here and help me so that's no big deal.....

I guess I feel like after the show he stopped helping me...er never finished the few things that I needed him to in order to get out....now I have to go back or find someone else to help me with those few things. It was a big push to get it to the show then...no interest.

After sleeping on it....I'm not mad anymore....It's his shop and he needs the space so he can make money....not let some deadbeat who's cash ran out take up room. I overstayed my welcome I guess. Besides I had been bugging him to get his work done so I could get it home and now its here!

No it's not my shop and no I do not work there....so he is right and I am not thrilled.......but the good news is now I can work on it anytime I want so there are no more excuses as to why it's taking so long to finish.

I will complete this build at my pace and when it's ready it will rumble.

Rumble like rumble fish.

Thanks for the continued support.

Mop

cant wait for new pics btw what part of the country are you in if your in nm id be willing to come help...

Home.....I'm home.

I am so happy...all is better.. I dealt with the IRS today and paid my dues and my car is home.....no hard feelings to Dan....I will be back.

Thanks for your support and words of wisdom y'all. Thanks Sara for taking the great pics.

More updates later...I'm gonna put the front seat in for the first time in 4yrs and sit in it and have a cold one...

I will start again tomorrow.

Mop

100_2200w.jpg

100_2218w.jpg

New pics....had my sons b-day tonight at inflato land....pizza that gives you gas in 20 minutes and less....they call it Pizza anyway.

So we had fun and the kids tore it up...

So did I when I got home.... here is the last 2 hrs of work that netted me the final rough in for the air ride control system...mounted on 3/4 ply and cut in a fashion so that it won't interfere with the drop down door and it can be removed by removing 2 mounting bolts and tilting/sliding out...this will greatly aide repairs if needed later...now I clean, paint and final install. If I'm lucky I might have the elevator working by the weekend.

Mop

100_2227w.jpg

100_2228w.jpg

100_2229w.jpg

Looks great.
You´ve got a very nice garage too.
I would love to see your fish in real, as I can guess a pic don´t do it justice.
Keep up the great work.

Do NOT let this get you down any further. There are any number of reasons why this guy **** on you. Don't dwell on it.

New day, new door. Your rules and schedule now.

I wish you were closer, because I would love to help with the Fatty.....

It would be done by Monday.

Chin up and all that rot.

farnham stripe.jpg

-
Back