Finished! Brutal 'Cuda

-
Installed the kb362 pistons into stock deck height magnum 360. Came out to zero deck! Now just need the heads to get it buttoned up.

Nates68

Moving along nicely, working on the magnum serpentine setup and will let you know how that ends up (there's a few issues with a la air gap intake).
Nates68

image.jpeg

Here's a dash pic, just need to decide on gauges. Decisions....
View attachment 1714943928

I like the sewing on the pads, nice. Here is what I did for gauges and radio. They are actually custom "restored" by Redline gauge. The tach is aftermarket with custom stencil from Redline with the rev limit set where I asked, speedo is refaced and calibrated, ammeter converted to voltmeter, fuel gauge swapped to one that works with my aftermarket tank / sender, and the instrument voltage regulator (IVR) has been swapped to solid state. Radio is aftermarket AM/FM with aux input, 4x40W, and amp pre-outs. You are ahead of me on dash pads, mine will be similar to yours.

DSC08124.JPG

I like the sewing on the pads, nice. Here is what I did for gauges and radio. They are actually custom "restored" by Redline gauge. The tach is aftermarket with custom stencil from Redline with the rev limit set where I asked, speedo is refaced and calibrated, ammeter converted to voltmeter, fuel gauge swapped to one that works with my aftermarket tank / sender, and the instrument voltage regulator (IVR) has been swapped to solid state. Radio is aftermarket AM/FM with aux input, 4x40W, and amp pre-outs. You are ahead of me on dash pads, mine will be similar to yours.

View attachment 1714944100

The dash pads were a lot of work! My concern is if the contact cement holds up over time.
Keeping my focus on the drivetrain, would like to have it move under it's own power this year. Still deciding on fitech efi or real nice carb.
Nates68

If you used the yellow contact cement that comes in a metal can. Quart paint can not the aerosol type.
It will hold up and remain stable for many decades as long as it doesn't get wet. It does cure and is unaffected by heat.
If you used the aerosol spray trim adhesive it is formulated to never cure giving it the needed shelf life and ability to to be sprayed from the cans nozzle. Good marketable product but bad for a trim project that is subjected to heat. Particularly when gravity is opposing it remaining in place.
You should be OK on your dash pad if you used the aerosol trim adhesive as it is wrapped and clamped after being bolted in place. It can blister if it gets very hot due to the non cure formula though and may need to be repeatedly pressed back down flat.
Your work on the pad turned out great and you are remarkably skilled to get such results on your first dash. I am quite impressed. The A body pad is an easy one but I know how difficult dashes can be. As the owner of an upholstery shop. I have never been able to teach dash pads to employee's with good results.
Just as impressive is the styling and execution fabing up the rear spoiler. Like it a lot. All barracudas should have came with them from the factory.
You got this car building art form mastered.

If you used the yellow contact cement that comes in a metal can. Quart paint can not the aerosol type.
It will hold up and remain stable for many decades as long as it doesn't get wet. It does cure and is unaffected by heat.
If you used the aerosol spray trim adhesive it is formulated to never cure giving it the needed shelf life and ability to to be sprayed from the cans nozzle. Good marketable product but bad for a trim project that is subjected to heat. Particularly when gravity is opposing it remaining in place.
You should be OK on your dash pad if you used the aerosol trim adhesive as it is wrapped and clamped after being bolted in place. It can blister if it gets very hot due to the non cure formula though and may need to be repeatedly pressed back down flat.
Your work on the pad turned out great and you are remarkably skilled to get such results on your first dash. I am quite impressed. The A body pad is an easy one but I know how difficult dashes can be. As the owner of an upholstery shop. I have never been able to teach dash pads to employee's with good results.
Just as impressive is the styling and execution fabing up the rear spoiler. Like it a lot. All barracudas should have came with them from the factory.
You got this car building art form mastered.

Wow Thanks! I used contact cement from a can and brushed the dash pad and backside of the vinyl. Layed seam on first and carefully rolled the rest on. Way easier said than done.
Nates68

Ok the magnum serpentine cast bracket is in the same space as the thermostat. I ordered an offset water neck but will have to 'clearance' some of the bracket. Will post how it works out.
Nates68

image.jpeg

Nah the water neck is a no go. Probably have to cut the corner off the bracket and support the ac compressor a different way. Posted a thread in the magnum swap section. Thinking...
Nates68

image.jpeg
Ended up just cutting the corner off the cast bracket to clear the thermostat.
Had the car out in the driveway to spin it around for motor install, had to take a pic!
Nates68

The dash pads were a lot of work! My concern is if the contact cement holds up over time.
Keeping my focus on the drivetrain, would like to have it move under it's own power this year. Still deciding on fitech efi or real nice carb.
Nates68
So the dash pad you just reupholstered yourself? If you have more pics of that send them to me

IMG_1357.JPG
Will have some more to come soon, been busy moving to a new place. Yup, thats the shop behind the house! Never thoug ht we would have a place like this but it came together and we bought it. Wife has a great house too so we are all happy (important detail).
Nates68

Those pics had no engine or interior and car is on rollers. I will get some pics with it sitting lower, looks much better. Had to run 17s because of big brakes, any more sidewall would hit fenders when turning.
Nates68

Ok this project is not dead! Completely rewired car with 21 circuit kit, have cooling system done, restored heater box, finished hydraulic clutch with pull style slave, mounted battery in trunk.
Got ignition installed under dash.

IMG_2116.JPG

IMG_2117.JPG

-
Back