Found my dads original 1971 duster!

-
Yes. I picked it up months ago and took it to the car builder. It will be installed in the car within a week or 2
well then you are done with the engine builder.
I can not believe that you do not have all of the DYNO computer downloads, I bet you will not get them if you ask them for them.

well then you are done with the engine builder.
I can not believe that you do not have all of the DYNO computer downloads, I bet you will not get them if you ask them for them.
Ya. I didn’t know what should even come with it when I picked it up. He just gave me a folder that had the sheets in it that I posted on here
I’ve emailed them very politely, asking about warranty and availability of my full dyno information. Including the temperature spike
They have a long standing good name in the industry. So at this point, all I can do is have faith that everything will be ok

Ya. I didn’t know what should even come with it when I picked it up. He just gave me a folder that had the sheets in it that I posted on here
I’ve emailed them very politely, asking about warranty and availability of my full dyno information. Including the temperature spike
They have a long standing good name in the industry. So at this point, all I can do is have faith that everything will be ok
where is the dyno chart?

So a cylinder head cracked on the dyno and they charged you extra to put another cylinder head on the engine? Is that what happened?

where is the dyno chart?
Here it is

95394F68-297A-4A8C-A450-C27C411F4DD2.jpeg

Ya. He definitely didn’t try to hide anything. So hoping that’s a sign that he’s not worried at all about how hot it got. I have the original pistons from it too. They look almost like new!
So WTF was wrong with it ?
Clogged is in to how?

Machining Services - Beatty Woods Performance

They don't clog unless you loose a rag in them or the shop does not clean them up.
I have NEVER heard of that,

I would be all over these guys for a warranty. I am pretty sure you are going to have problems and I am pretty sure they feel the same way.

Machining Services - Beatty Woods Performance

They don't clog unless you loose a rag in them or the shop does not clean them up.
I have NEVER heard of that,

I would be all over these guys for a warranty. I am pretty sure you are going to have problems and I am pretty sure they feel the same way.
I’ve emailed them, as I said. I’ll see what they say. Thanks for the help

I’ve emailed them, as I said. I’ll see what they say. Thanks for the help
I wish the best for you, You have a special car and do not need to be screwed over.

Did you ask about a warranty when you initially dropped it off or, did it come up after the head issue?

Never heard of a head being clogged on a fully rebuilt engine? So did shop go out find another head? Or did they take it apart unclog it put it back together? And they sent you home with a clogged block?

Never heard of a head being clogged on a fully rebuilt engine? So did shop go out find another head? Or did they take it apart unclog it put it back together? And they sent you home with a clogged block?
They had another head in inventory, so they replaced mine with it. Then gave me back my original to take home with me

My 2 cents. Rather than getting stressed out and loading weapons, communicate with them as you say that you're doing and get a better explanation that you completely understand. You admittedly don't understand engines, so you should do your due diligence to find out exactly what "blockage" is referring to and what caused the problem with the head. Emails are great because that's a document but actually being face to face for the explanation considering the money spent is imperative.

They had another head in inventory, so they replaced mine with it. Then gave me back my original to take home with me
Ok have car resto place put it in car it will probably be fine. Go out burn some tires up.

My 2 cents. Rather than getting stressed out and loading weapons, communicate with them as you say that you're doing and get a better explanation that you completely understand. You admittedly don't understand engines, so you should do your due diligence to find out exactly what "blockage" is referring to and what caused the problem with the head. Emails are great because that's a document but actually being face to face for the explanation considering the money spent is imperative.
Thanks. I appreciate your thoughts. He explained it to me when I picked the the engine up. He said that when they were test running the engine, they monitor temperatures and noticed that it was running too hot. They then determined that it was a clogged j head, so they luckily had an exact date correct j head in inventory to swap it out with. He said that they still had no idea where or why mine was blocked, but that after swapping heads, the temps were good. He sent my old head home with me.
He seemed as surprised as everyone ok here that it could have a clogged head. I have no idea if it should have been caught by them during the reconditioning of the head, long before the test run of the engine
My hopes are that the heating up won’t be an issue, or he would have just swapped heads and not said a thing to me…..if he felt that it was their error and that the heating up may cause issues in the end. I dunno. Not much use stressing over it, I guess. But the “doesn’t really come with a warranty” definitely worried me. When I acted surprised at that comment, he said “well if there are ever any issues, you can definitely come back to us and we will take care of you”

Thanks. I appreciate your thoughts. He explained it to me when I picked the the engine up. He said that when they were test running the engine, they monitor temperatures and noticed that it was running too hot. They then determined that it was a clogged j head, so they luckily had an exact date correct j head in inventory to swap it out with. He said that they still had no idea where or why mine was blocked, but that after swapping heads, the temps were good. He sent my old head home with me.
He seemed as surprised as everyone ok here that it could have a clogged head. I have no idea if it should have been caught by them during the reconditioning of the head, long before the test run of the engine
My hopes are that the heating up won’t be an issue, or he would have just swapped heads and not said a thing to me…..if he felt that it was their error and that the heating up may cause issues in the end. I dunno. Not much use stressing over it, I guess. But the “doesn’t really come with a warranty” definitely worried me. When I acted surprised at that comment, he said “well if there are ever any issues, you can definitely come back to us and we will take care of you”
Could be car sat for decades some passage got rusted shut that is not visible? One doesn't know. But sounds like engines been dyno tested shop said its got a clean bill of health. So get it put in car burn some tires up. Cars are like woman some times you can't figure them out. If ***** working seems to be fine bark up some other tree move on.

-
Back