Got me a new hog today...

-
When you build the DAD model, use a short piece of race kart axle, bearings, and the appropriate accesories :rolleyes: They make 2 piece driven sprockets for the drive hub. Easy gear selection :D
Reminds me of kart racing days. We had a ton of those gears and would consistently change them through the night trying to get the fastest lap. I wish I still had some of those parts, especially one of the old 5hp Briggs race engines.

Today I said the heck with it I'm going to see how fast this thing will actually go at the Bonneville salt flat gears LOL..
I took it a few blocks away where there's a long stretch of four or five blocks with no side streets and let er rip... When I got up to it seems like 35 or 40 miles an hour and it was still pulling like a freight train I let go of the throttle. I was like damn it this damn thing is too freaking fast it's scaring me !?! ... I came back down my block and did a couple buzz by passes on the house, came inside my wife says I seen ya fly by the house !!.. at that time I noticed I was wiping the tears that it shot along the side of my face onto my ears!!..

I feel like I could take it out to the Bonneville salt flats and set a mini bike land speed record with the damn thing!!...

I feel like I could take it out to the Bonneville salt flats and set a mini bike land speed record with the damn thing!!...

I thought Oregon had a big dry lake they used for those sort of activities.
El Mirage has one coming up 9/13, I may just go check it out.
We used to make the drive from the desert to Irwindale and OCIR for the drags whenever possible,
but we never just went the 40 miles to El Mirage.
:wtf: were we thinking?
:rofl:

Well I added the taller gear and it gave it a little more zip but still low-speed driveability sucks.. eather dyes, chugs, or goes like a bat out of hell...
It's going to end up with a new predator motor from Harbor Freight if this doesn't iron itself out soon....

Buddy of mine building this.... Sassy Grass...LOL
Tech10reassembly-036.jpg

010.jpg

I don't know why I forgot to finish this thread or at least put down what I ended up doing to get the mini bike running correctly. First I ordered aid clutch for the other mini bike that I bought and ended up trying it on the blue one. It was exactly what it needed. It was as if the original clutch that was on it didn't have a high enough stall. Which was confirmed pretty much when I talk to the previous owner. I said that it used to charge and try and pull when it was idling and he said yes. Anyways as soon as I put the clutch on it would idle without chugging or pulling... I had it almost right but something still wasn't. I put a new carburetor on and when I lean to the right it would rev-up and when I lean to the left it would die? I covered this hole that wasn't in the factory carburetor with the air cleaner. Online I was told or research that it was for a different application that had the little push button for priming. first thing I did was just start it without the air filter and without that covered... Bingo! It ran and worked perfect!!... So I just drilled a little hole in the air filter itself to accommodate for that little hole in the carburetor. Now it runs awesome. I also have the recovered seat back which was basically a brand new seat. Of course it matches the seats in duster as he made it out of a little bit of the alligator skin that was left over...
After I got smiling Jack put back together a little mini bike that I had bought and put new tires on it it was just way too small and way too underwhelming. Especially after how well the Bonanza ended up running and operating... I want smile and Jack go to young kids is actually going to school for aviation. So he was really turned on by having it and I just gave him the mini bike for what I had into it financially...
IMG_20200905_135009.jpg

Jpar, only you would need a clutch tamer for a mini bike.....
It really didn't dawn on me that that was the problem. I thought it was funny when I did figure it out that I said something to the previous owner and he said he bought the clutch brand new? LOL how many times do I have to tell people that auto shop A1A just because it's new doesn't mean it works....

Well I got my 20 tooth sprocket to replace my 18 tooth sprocket on the input of the jackshaft and cured it down a little bit more. It's got some great spunk and take off and not too overwhelmingly fast like it was with the 13 tooth Bonneville salt flat sprocket LOL...
I got to say though all systems go now. Just turn on the gas crack open the choke give it one pull and let her idle for a second and turn down to choke and off you go. Runs great stops okay...

-
Back