Got me a new hog today...

-
Check these guys out

https://search.aol.com/click/_ylt=A...rts.com//RK=0/RS=Rw0RYfis_s4fCbJ_mrbZfpPTijo-

AGK Go Karts. They have some info in their "support" feature that is very useful on Predators.
IMAG0198maxnkart.jpg

Under the fat guy's right arm is the Predator predecessor Greyhound that AGK supplied parts helped to battle the hot rod Briggs World Formula. Somewhere near 15hp. The fat guy and Maxx his crew chief were looking at a WF Briggs in an acquaintance's hot rod with a windowed block :eek:. Greyhounds were almost part for part a copy of the Honda GX series.

Check these guys out

https://search.aol.com/click/_ylt=Awr9DuT_90dfxe4AhT1pCWVH;_ylu=Y29sbwNncTEEcG9zAzEEdnRpZAMEc2VjA3Ny/RV=2/RE=1598580863/RO=10/RU=https://affordablegokarts.com//RK=0/RS=Rw0RYfis_s4fCbJ_mrbZfpPTijo-

AGK Go Karts. They have some info in their "support" feature that is very useful on Predators.
View attachment 1715585116
Under the fat guy's right arm is the Predator predecessor Greyhound that AGK supplied parts helped to battle the hot rod Briggs World Formula. Somewhere near 15hp. The fat guy and Maxx his crew chief were looking at a WF Briggs in an acquaintance's hot rod with a windowed block :eek:. Greyhounds were almost part for part a copy of the Honda GX series.
this Bonanza came with a greyhound and I try to compression check on it but it was probably the valve relief..
I'm looking at the tillotson hemi 212. With a torque converter for my next build...
I never thought I'd have a hemi! LOL....

Wait until you start buying billet engine blocks and running on nitromethane like my buddy does for his two girls Jr. dragsters.
I don't know how he keeps up with two girls racing, not counting his race car.

Wait until you start buying billet engine blocks and running on nitromethane like my buddy does for his two girls Jr. dragsters.
I don't know how he keeps up with two girls racing, not counting his race car.
You jinxed me! Damn it! everything's working great except for the damn carburetor!... When I tried to Amazon one for fifteen bucks and that's as far as I'm going to go. If that doesn't work then off to motor comes and I'm heading down to Harbor Freight for a brand new predator...
Anyways she is a runner pretty much complete except for the seat.. waiting for the one that came with to be done so I can put it on temporarily until this one is redone.. Then off to the chopper build..
IMG_20200828_115817.jpg
IMG_20200828_115802.jpg
IMG_20200827_160504.jpg

I'm kind of digging on the minibike forum...
But that's very very slow to get responses LOL...

I'm kind of digging on the minibike forum...
But that's very very slow to get responses LOL...
Did I say slow? That's very very slow? I mean snails are passing that forum! Sometimes I feel as if I could ask minibike questions here in this forum and get 40 different quick answers..

That amazon carb should get you going, I have had great luck with those cheap carbs on small engines.

That amazon carb should get you going, I have had great luck with those cheap carbs on small engines.
I pulled the spark plug and it was as black as it could get so I ordered one of those as well. there was carbs that came with a spark plug but everybody said the spark plug was junk and the wrong one. So I just ordered the carb without it and ordered it separately...

I normally just sandblast plugs, unless they are wore completely out.

When you get the foot pegs on it, you better put a cloths pin on your left britches leg....lol. :eek: Chain gonna wind your pants up!!! BTDT...lol.
If you look close on the second picture of Post 104 I do have the pegs on and they're wrapped in a non-slip sandpaper stuff. it's warm outside I've got shorts on so no pants dangling down.... But I see what you mean and I had calculated for that as well LOL... I am planning on making a chain guard in the future..

Last edited:
I normally just sandblast plugs, unless they are wore completely out.
I have one of those little Harbor Freight spark plug sandblasters but it didn't seem to work very well... I'm just inclined to buy a new one as really the motor came free so at this point I'm not $20 into it yet..

I have one of those little Harbor Freight spark plug sandblasters but it didn't seem to work very well... I'm just inclined to buy a new one as really the motor came free so at this point I'm not $20 into it yet..

My Hf plug blaster was real handy when I was getting a tune on the Greyhound on the race kart. I would have to go through my notes to find what model the Keihin carb came off of, one of Honda's 2 stroke MX bikes. Half the price of the Mikunis the go kart hot rod shops were selling and functioned just as well.

My Hf plug blaster was real handy when I was getting a tune on the Greyhound on the race kart. I would have to go through my notes to find what model the Keihin carb came off of, one of Honda's 2 stroke MX bikes. Half the price of the Mikunis the go kart hot rod shops were selling and functioned just as well.
the minibike came with a greyhound that I completely disassembled for whatever reason I'm not quite sure now LOL I was a whole two and a half weeks ago.. it was reported that it didn't run but it had spark and when I checked the compression and had like 50 lb which I didn't know it had a compression release part of the cam show maybe that's all it really shows...
Anyways it was over full with the blackest oil I ever seen in my life. Maybe one day I'll just see if I can get it running and sell it... For the price of the Harbor Freight predator you just can't go wrong...
Again if this carburetor fails to cure any problems I'll be up at Harbor Freight by the end of the day tomorrow LOL...

the minibike came with a greyhound that I completely disassembled for whatever reason I'm not quite sure now LOL I was a whole two and a half weeks ago.. it was reported that it didn't run but it had spark and when I checked the compression and had like 50 lb which I didn't know it had a compression release part of the cam show maybe that's all it really shows...
Anyways it was over full with the blackest oil I ever seen in my life. Maybe one day I'll just see if I can get it running and sell it... For the price of the Harbor Freight predator you just can't go wrong...
Again if this carburetor fails to cure any problems I'll be up at Harbor Freight by the end of the day tomorrow LOL...

Getting that governor out of there is the key. :rolleyes: I also learned that the factory FULL mark for the oil level is like twice what is needed. The crankcase is so full the crank is dragging in the oil.

I've joined the old mini bike forum.. I'm not exactly sure how to bypass the governor yet. Problem is I haven't even got the engine running correctly let alone making it any faster. I did take off the factory throttle setup for the pressure washer. I was able to spring load the what I believe is governor... I may have it set up completely backwards?I left the carburetor connected to what I believe is the governor and just put a spring backwards on the governor and have the throttle pulling that big lever which has a rod that pulls the carburetor open...

nice job on the bike. :thumbsup:
have you found time to mount the horn on the Duster. :D

HOLY SMOKES BATMAN! LOL
SHE'S A RUNNER!...
The $13.38 for the Amazon carburetor was money well spent. Come over and ride it, but you're going to have to sign a waiver...

HOLY SMOKES BATMAN! LOL
SHE'S A RUNNER!...
The $13.38 for the Amazon carburetor was money well spent. Come over and ride it, but you're going to have to sign a waiver...
I told you I have had good luck with them.
I don't know what it is with single piston engines, but the carbs are really sensitive.

Sounds like we both did good, adjusted the valves in the pos Briggs intek engine and started and the grass is mowed.

-
Back