Got me a new hog today...

-
I've got a Lil Indian roller sitting in the garage that I need to do something with. I have a good 5 HP Briggs & Stratton, but I need to find a kit or something to convert the throttle control on the motor. It currently has the little lever that works for a tiller or wood splitter. I checked the link that was in the first few posts here, and found throttle cables and a clutch. :)
I noticed they have a whole setup on Amazon for like 12 bucks. It comes with the throttle the throttle cable and a brake lever and cable... I think you can even spend 20 bucks and get one with a handlebar mounted kill switch...
Myself I just ordered two BMX bicycle style brake levers and cables and grips. I like to have a brake lever style throttle kind of almost like my snowmobile. It's how I had it set up on my kids minibike back in the day.. it just seems a little more simple and reliable...

Sweet minibikes, my buddy collects them prob has about 12 in the shed. I’ve got 2 in pieces I’ve had for 20 years.
View attachment 1715582874
I've been talking to this younger guy that I met at the swap meet last year. Actually met him and his father and it's who I bought my cop wheels from... anyways I texted him to see how he was doing the other day or a couple weeks ago I should say now and he showed me a picture of this minibike he was all jazzed about. turns out that was the day before I was going to buy my first minibike a week or two ago and showed him a picture of what I was going to buy. So we've been chatting back and forth ever since and he wants to bring his to the big Portland swap meet next April. Wants me to bring mine as well.
I figured I want to start my own mini bike gang LOL I have one member so far...
My wife! She's the only one with a running minibike now LOL.
Hopefully I can get a coat of paint on the frame and forks today on mine...

2010-12-25151604.jpg

I like dis style :D

Here is my 2 minibike I’ll get to someday lol. In the second picture my dog sleeps in the fenders back there.
4CE4EC11-D795-483E-9466-2EA6555D80DA.jpeg

696DB240-1694-432C-A8C2-E7B8B90643D3.jpeg

She's coming together and I have more painting to do tomorrow...
my backyard neighbor just donated this Briggs & Stratton but it's just a little too tall with the gas tank on it so I'm back and forth whether I'm going to use it on this build or on my next full build...
IMG_20200824_143939.jpg

@318willrun eat your heart out!.. LOL...
:poke:....

Got the original seat yesterday with a poorly done recover...
I'll get it recovered back to original..
IMG_20200826_143917.jpg
IMG_20200826_143909.jpg
Screenshot_20200827-050712.png

Making more progress..
IMG_20200826_160607.jpg
IMG_20200826_185227.jpg

She's coming together and I have more painting to do tomorrow...
my backyard neighbor just donated this Briggs & Stratton but it's just a little too tall with the gas tank on it so I'm back and forth whether I'm going to use it on this build or on my next full build...
View attachment 1715583761
@318willrun eat your heart out!.. LOL...
:poke:....
Nice fingernails, do you get them done every 2 weeks?

And those briggs intek engines have horrible valve issues.
I think that is what I have going on with my 6 year old zero-turn mower, 200 hrs on it.
Junk

And those briggs intek engines have horrible valve issues.
I think that is what I have going on with my 6 year old zero-turn mower, 200 hrs on it.
Junk
Well I got the motor at a price you cannot beat! The neighbor said he may have had 5 hours on it when it was on his pressure washer brand new. The next year he went to start it ran fine but the pump was out. It was $179 for the pump and $169 for the entire pressure washer. Ended up buying another one with a 2-year warranty and putting the engine in his shed. When I went to check the oil it look brand new...
I wonder how much mini biking it will take to get 195 more hours on this LOL...
If it fails at any point I'll just go up to Harbor Freight and buy a $99 predator...

Well I got the motor at a price you cannot beat! The neighbor said he may have had 5 hours on it when it was on his pressure washer brand new. The next year he went to start it ran fine but the pump was out. It was $179 for the pump and $169 for the entire pressure washer. Ended up buying another one with a 2-year warranty and putting the engine in his shed. When I went to check the oil it look brand new...
I wonder how much mini biking it will take to get 195 more hours on this LOL...
If it fails at any point I'll just go up to Harbor Freight and buy a $99 predator...
Those $99 engines do look do look decent, I almost replaced the 5 hp briggs on my old rototiller, instead a cheap e-bay $10 carb fixed my issue, but this was a real briggs engine with points.

Those new intek engines are serious junk, check the valves even with 5 hrs on them.
The get loose fast, plus they have a compression release on the intake valve that likes to break, leaving them in a no start condition.
195 hrs, that would be two weeks riding time when I was a kid.
I know you are not ready to grow up yet....

x2 on the HF predator engine, many, many HI-PO parts for these little "killer" engines.

IMG_4016.JPG

-
Back