Got me a new hog today...

-
My first - R3501
Boys Life - Model cars, slot cars, mini-bikes came next.

91e6c3b1135237624f96274bafa39af4.jpg

Ended up ordering new tires and inner tubes from Summit today. Should be here Friday that's the same time the sandblaster said he should be done..
got a hold of the guy who did the seats for my duster and he said he still has just a little bit of alligator skin left... LOL..
Taking the seat over tomorrow to have it reupholstery and he's even going to build I knew piece of plywood for the base...
I still need to find some handlebars and I need to start cleaning up the wheels and figuring out what I'm going to do as far as refurbishing those...
I did join a minibike forum and getting a little information from that....

a64c08c53c73396c56021c960b2fe609.jpg
Sweet! I've currently got a Cat 400X that is awaiting restoration.

Edited to add: check out the rear brake caliper that uses the greasy rear sprocket as a rotor. LMAO

Last edited:
If you don't hear from me...lol...
My wife may have killeded me...
I'm looking at this..
View attachment 1715580371
Well I talked to the guy who owns that chopper and he gave me a lot of good advice about my own minibike. He let me know about rebuilding the shocks which I started doing instead of buying...
He said they're really expensive restored on eBay and they're made in Italy... I looked and sure enough. he said my front rim is probably original Bananza as well.. likely I could sell these originals buy after-market and still have money left over LOL...

The minibike forum is kind of cool.. of course not as fast pace is this one but one thing I did like is you can send pictures and personal messages without being a paid member...

Oh good lord it's a sickness or an addiction like everything LOL..
Got me another hog today LOL..
at least this one is a runner and the funny part is I have less in to it then those pieces hanging from my garage LOL..
I guess it has some local small airport history it's got a little bit of airplane apparatus on it...
Screenshot_20200822-111256.png

Oh good lord it's a sickness or an addiction like everything LOL..
Got me another hog today LOL..
at least this one is a runner and the funny part is I have less in to it then those pieces hanging from my garage LOL..
I guess it has some local small airport history it's got a little bit of airplane apparatus on it...
View attachment 1715582519
Nice. :thumbsup:
You should hang that horn out the side window of your Duster. :lol:

Sweet minibikes, my buddy collects them prob has about 12 in the shed. I’ve got 2 in pieces I’ve had for 20 years.
041D7857-CEE6-4199-ABEF-682E3F1DEA5E.jpeg

Sweet minibikes, my buddy collects them prob has about 12 in the shed. I’ve got 2 in pieces I’ve had for 20 years.
View attachment 1715582874

I don't think I'll be happy till I make my own from scratch...
I've been thinking of a concept for a chopper and I found a guy on the minibike forum who did exactly as I was thinking earlier this year...
Screenshot_20200823-073105.png

Screenshot_20200823-073142.png
Screenshot_20200823-072932.png

I've got a Lil Indian roller sitting in the garage that I need to do something with. I have a good 5 HP Briggs & Stratton, but I need to find a kit or something to convert the throttle control on the motor. It currently has the little lever that works for a tiller or wood splitter. I checked the link that was in the first few posts here, and found throttle cables and a clutch. :)

-
Back