Guns, Dogs and Blades QnA

-
Sooo, I like dogs. I choose to not have one for various reasons. My recently divorced fat angry ***** of a neighbor just acquired a gonna be big dog. Im not a breed expert but it kinda looks like an Airdale but its gonna be bigger. She lets it run and is starting to annoy me and other people. Her ex would never let this happen. I could talk to him and have a civil conversation about the situation.
Any conversation with her would end up confrontational. I'm afraid I would head but her in the nose if I tried to have a peaceful conversation.
Any advice to keep the barking, jumping on me dog off of my patio? I really want to tag the dog with a soft pellet shot but it's really not the dog's fault and I don't want to bother the po po about this petty stuff. I'm thinking pepper spray. I tried yelling and hitting it with a broom but it thinks I'm playing. It just keeps coming back.
Any advise?

Tough to get bad owners to be the leader the dog needs. Sorry for your predicament.

Good fences make for good neighbors they say.

There are some sonic deterrents out there. Pepper spray is damaging... Unless the plan is to use it on the owner

I'd consult the town on your options and try to discuss

Good lock

Tough to get bad owners to be the leader the dog needs. Sorry for your predicament.

Good fences make for good neighbors they say.

There are some sonic deterrents out there. Pepper spray is damaging... Unless the plan is to use it on the owner

I'd consult the town on your options and try to discuss

Good lock
Id use the broom on her but shed probably like it too. lol I'll check into the sonic deterrent. I don't want to piss off all of the animals.

Id use the broom on her but shed probably like it too. lol I'll check into the sonic deterrent. I don't want to piss off all of the animals.
They're directional.

Hopefully some others weigh in with ideas

Depending on the area, you may have laws that create an incentive for the neighbor to control the dog

Good luck

They're directional.

Hopefully some others weigh in with ideas

Depending on the area, you may have laws that create an incentive for the neighbor to control the dog

Good luck
Thanks. Yes there are very explicit laws in my county. I'd love to see her tagged with an "up to $500" fine.

I'd be nice to him, pet him, 'good boy, but you've got to go home, let's go' and 'dad stern talk' him home. You'll have to do it a while, but he'll grow out of it. Meanwhile, sort of enjoy him without the responsibility or expense of ownership.
YMMV, as I have two dogs, and have to talk myself out of more...

I'd be nice to him, pet him, 'good boy, but you've got to go home, let's go' and 'dad stern talk' him home. You'll have to do it a while, but he'll grow out of it. Meanwhile, sort of enjoy him without the responsibility or expense of ownership.
It
The problem isn't so much me as it it is the vacation rental neighbors who got bombarded by it today. I'm trying to help my soon to be neighbors who are renting their house for a while until they retire and move here. We really like the new owners and I want to help them succeed with their plans to retire and move here.

Knowing this man hater, her dog is a *****. The same should apply though. Ill give that a try but Ill have to get a collar and leash on it. I'm sure it's a female. Her name is Rosie.

Knowing this man hater, her dog is a *****. The same should apply though. Ill give that a try but Ill have to get a collar and leash on it. I'm sure it's a female. Her name is Rosie.
Last resort, You might try air soft pellet? One of your buddies may have a rig. Downside, it will take a smart dog about three episodes to associate you to the event, as a result dog will not like you! And exactly to your point it is a draconian step when it is actually the owner who needs the air soft application! I agree with one of the previous posts, befriend the hound so that she sees you as a buddy then you can train her if you will to follow your instructions. Be firm friendly and very consistent and she will soon comply. When you see her out you might approach her first thus giving the pup the attention she craves at the same time negating her need to invade your space to achieve her goal of wanting your attention. Just thinking outloud BP.

Ok most on here know of my personal bias towards the 1911 platform. As a result my Instructor buddies make every effort to remind me at every occasion that perhaps I should adopt something a bit more modern. The conversation usually starts like this. We know it has won two world wars but……. Followed by whatever creative trash talking they have found. They sent me this recently and I gotta admit it made me laugh!

IMG_2073.jpeg

Ok most on here know of my personal bias towards the 1911 platform. As a result my Instructor buddies make every effort to remind me at every occasion that perhaps I should adopt something a bit more modern. The conversation usually starts like this. We know it has won two world wars but……. Followed by whatever creative trash talking they have found. They sent me this recently and I gotta admit it made me laugh!

View attachment 1716290534
:lol:

View attachment 1716290534

IMG_2672.jpeg

New dog for my GF, we had a short road trip to get it and are almost back with it. It is very low key and so far an excellent traveler.

20240818_160525.jpg

20240818_155255.jpg

New dog for my GF, we had a short road trip to get it and are almost back with it. It is very low key and so far an excellent traveler.

View attachment 1716291281

View attachment 1716291282
Looks like the calm before the storm! Hound is clearly hatching a plot to take over the new house! Imagining all the ways it can create an environment where you guys see to every need! And hound wants for nuthin! Great looking hound! Have fun and be patient.

Yesterday I competed in a combined sporting clays/trap event to benefit the Shriners hospital. Some of you may remember me rebuilding a browning o/u . Well yesterday was its first outing. I don’t think I mounted it the same way twice all day. I experimented with all kinds of different pocket holds and cheek welds. The shotgun ran flawlessly which is way more than can be said about me. I did pretty good with it actually even tho I was dinking around with it all day. I think once I settle into a consistent mount it is gonna be a good un.
@halfafish how is the new pooch settling in?

Yesterday I competed in a combined sporting clays/trap event to benefit the Shriners hospital. Some of you may remember me rebuilding a browning o/u . Well yesterday was its first outing. I don’t think I mounted it the same way twice all day. I experimented with all kinds of different pocket holds and cheek welds. The shotgun ran flawlessly which is way more than can be said about me. I did pretty good with it actually even tho I was dinking around with it all day. I think once I settle into a consistent mount it is gonna be a good un.
@halfafish how is the new pooch settling
New pooch is doing well. The GF has another dog and a couple of cats, they get along well. Any rescue has sone settling in time but so far so good.

@Sublime one
Wanted to give you an update on the wildcat cartridge. I have unofficially named it the 300TCJ,
I have fitted the barrel to the action. And I got the chamber cut yesterday. Like I said in my last post I have to cut the neck and throat separately I haven't done that yet. Still haven't decided on a reamer yet. But the chamber is cut. And I made up 21 cases yesterday and fire formed one (with a shortend neck obviously) is still have alot to do on the actual action. I have to cut and weld the bolt to clear a scope. Drill and tap the action. Mount the base and build a stock. I'm getting excited for it I'm hoping to get it done by November and be able to take it hunting this year!
Here is a picture of the fireformed case (no neck) compared to the mock up case I originally made.
20240825_185440.jpg

20240825_185420.jpg

-
Back