having a little issue...

-
sounds like your getting there. Let me know when you want to degree that cam and I'll swing over there.

I have the KD version too, I have like 3-4 diff ring compressors-cheap to $$

good luck

well u were right about the cam timing! i started out at 0* and it was at 97!!! so i retarded it 4 degrees and am now at 102

i know 97 + 4* retarded dosn't equal 102 but that what came out at...

got ther bottom and together and cam installed and degreed, so now make my baffle in the pan and start getting all the bolt-on's bolted on!

having fun funding a 3K stall converter i can afford tho...

Keep up the great work. I'm right behind you. Had the block shaved .080 and the head I think the same its been a while. Just got the crank in and putting the .030 pistons in this weekend. Just need a cam to go with the unit, using the hurricane,headers,very ported/polished head w/big valves. Any suggestions for an auto? Sorry not trying to jack your thread.8)

Keep up the great work. I'm right behind you. Had the block shaved .080 and the head I think the same its been a while. Just got the crank in and putting the .030 pistons in this weekend. Just need a cam to go with the unit, using the hurricane,headers,very ported/polished head w/big valves. Any suggestions for an auto? Sorry not trying to jack your thread.8)

904 with V8 internals is ALL you will ever need.
Frank

well u were right about the cam timing! i started out at 0* and it was at 97!!! so i retarded it 4 degrees and am now at 102

i know 97 + 4* retarded dosn't equal 102 but that what came out at...

got ther bottom and together and cam installed and degreed, so now make my baffle in the pan and start getting all the bolt-on's bolted on!

having fun funding a 3K stall converter i can afford tho...

ya never know how accurate the iron over the counter timing gears are, but as long you really have the desired cam timing 102*, you're good.

Don't you just love it when people say "not trying to highjack" and just keep on jackin? Damn. There IS a "New Thread" button.

ya never know how accurate the iron over the counter timing gears are, but as long you really have the desired cam timing 102*, you're good.

no! this was with the JP double roller timing set! to get a base line i started at 0* on the crank sprocket and it was at 97 CL so i backed it off to 4* retard and i got 102... weird but it works!

Don't you just love it when people say "not trying to highjack" and just keep on jackin? Damn. There IS a "New Thread" button.

haha story of my life...

no! this was with the JP double roller timing set! to get a base line i started at 0* on the crank sprocket and it was at 97 CL so i backed it off to 4* retard and i got 102... weird but it works!

It's the cam/crank key position/timing gear combo

all are different.

I also run a JP billet set on my 340, it's retarded 6* to get 5* advance, then I also have a 1/2* cam key so...5 1/2* advanced, it was the only key I had left at the time.

It's the cam/crank key position/timing gear combo

all are different.

I also run a JP billet set on my 340, it's retarded 6* to get 5* advance, then I also have a 1/2* cam key so...5 1/2* advanced, it was the only key I had left at the time.

in a perfect world they could machine it so that they are perfect...

well the deep sump is finished! so i can finish assembly and get the damn pushrods ordered!

i really want to have this thing going for the Inliners race here in Phoenix in march!

Attachments

• 0118111707.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 200
  • 0118111746.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 213
That looks good. Nice job on the pan. Now relight my cigarette and pass me another budweiser. I gotta get back in the trailer and see the rest of the Springer show. It's the "My cousin's boyfriend is doin my sister's uncle's mama's best friend's wife" episode.

That looks good. Nice job on the pan. Now relight my cigarette and pass me another budweiser. I gotta get back in the trailer and see the rest of the Springer show. It's the "My cousin's boyfriend is doin my sister's uncle's mama's best friend's wife" episode.

im not even really sure what to say to that...

-
Back