Hello from SW WI, my name is Galen Govier and I just signed up to this site.

-

Frenchman

Reaction score
I have owned quite a few A-Bodies over the years;
1969 Dart Swinger (Not a 340),
1967 Barracuda Notchback,
1968 Barracuda Fastback,
1971 Valiant Signet and a
1970 Gold Duster.

:welcome:
Are you the guy that does documentation and registry for Mopar's ? or do you just have the same name?
Thaks for the welcome!
Yes, I am the numbers guy for Mopars. Was referred to for many years as "The Mopar Guru" by a guy from the NE Hemi Owners Association.

Welcome Galen. Did you ever live in Iowa?
I have lived north of the Quad Cities and near St. Olaf, IA. Lived most of my life in SW WI. Lost my wife to Cancer in 2007, moved to SE MN in 2012. Hope they find a cure for Cancer, I know it set my life back a few years.

Last edited:
I have lived north of the Quad Cities and near St. Olaf, IA. Lived most of my life in SW WI. Lost my wife to Cancer in 2007, moved to SE MN in 2012. Hope they find a cure for Cancer, I know it set my life back a few years.
So you know Jeff Bobst, Mike Gansen and the Late Neil Wedeking. RIP.
I bought Mike's Swinger. I was the Mac Tool dealer in that area for 3 decades. I know those guys well. Sorry about your wife. Yes, Cancer sucks!

Welcome, Galen, from east central WI. FABO is the best forum and best people around.

IMG_0962.jpeg

Welcome to FABO (from North Carolina), and I am sure you will like it here. Sorry you lost your wife to cancer. Welcome, fellow Vet and in my mind, a Mopar legend.

I have owned quite a few A-Bodies over the years;
1969 Dart Swinger (Not a 340),
1967 Barracuda Notchback,
1968 Barracuda Fastback,
1971 Valiant Signet and a
1970 Gold Duster.

Welcome aboard! What took ya so long????? :)

2 questions!

Being your name is French, how would you best write out phonetically (sp?) how to pronounce your name. I hear it said a few different ways. I’d like to get it right.

It reminds me of when people say I have a “WE-and” intake manifold and I try to be nice and say, pronounce it “Why-and” like it says on the manifold. (Normally followed by a dickheaded retort, that’s how I say it.) Annoying to me. I think pronouncing it correctly is just simply correct and polite.

Q2 - Stock or hotrod a car? (Broad and general, I know.)

Welcome, Galen. I met you at a Mopar show many years ago. You are a wealth of information. I guess the rest of us better stop guessing now.

-
Back